Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Bussywussy wrote: »
    Any link to the other airports figures??
    Take a look at the Cork Airport thread.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

with dirt cheap oil prices and the improving economy. I can see 10% + growth this year... I reckon 28,000,000+ for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

What's Dublin airport's max capacity in terms of passengers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    What's Dublin airport's max capacity in terms of passengers?

It depends. When t2 was built they said it was 32million, but that assumed some additional infrastructure would be delivered as needed. Right now you will see that they are building stands to allow more aircraft stay overnight, other stuff like that needs to be delivered to achieve that 32million.

• Advertisement

dublin the 18th busiest airport in europe, according to provisional statistics...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_busiest_airports_in_Europe

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Idbatterim wrote: »
    with dirt cheap oil prices and the improving economy. I can see 10% + growth this year... I reckon 28,000,000+ for sure...
    Early grow this always easiest to achieve.....and that fuel price won't stay low. Any airline banking on that will be out of business in 5-8 years.

Early grow this always easiest to achieve.....and that fuel price won't stay low. Any airline banking on that will be out of business in 5-8 years.
    True. The euros should also see a lots of extra seats filled and possible flights put on. I read Ryanair had scheduled an extra 30 for Cheltenham alone...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Due to the boards outage, there wasn't much talk about the passenger numbers. I think DUB did great this year if I'm being honest, and expect it to grow significantly again this year. Maybe we should all make predictions and see how close we are at the end of the year 😬😂 lol my guess would be 28,000,000

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Interesting (mostly) DUB themed podcast from the Irish Times today:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/business/business-podcast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

Ryanair announced a few months ago that they'd have about 1 million more people flying in to Dublin in 2016
    That's the airport up to 26m straight away if it happens.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15903-dublin-summer-2016-schedule/?market=ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

737max wrote: »
    Ryanair announced a few months ago that they'd have about 1 million more people flying in to Dublin in 2016
    That's the airport up to 26m straight away if it happens.

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/15903-dublin-summer-2016-schedule/?market=ie

Min 26m was expected anyway.

How many extra Pax did Ryanair fly into DUB in 2015 as opposed to 2014?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Shannon Control

I would imagine that we'll have a minimum of 14% growth this year. The airport hasn't ever had growth like 2015 (15.4%). The closest to that was at the height of it in 2006 with 14.8%.

15 new routes were added in 2015. (9 European, 5 USA and Ethiopia) Giving an increase of 15.4%. (5 of them were added between Feb-Mar)

Less than a month into 2016 and we already have 12 new routes announced, more than the same time last year. That's not accounting for the 3 routes that'll have capacity increases. 6 of these new routes are TA.

So, my point is that we've already have a lot of routes announced with more coming for the summer. Half of the routes are TA, so that sector will increase hugely again this year with connections through DUB going up presumably also. I won't be surprised to see that this time next year we're close to 29m. Obviously, none of us know, but predicting can be fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

I wouldn't be surprised to see 16% growth in 2016 (29m pax). Considering Ryanair are expecting 1m extra pax and Aer Lingus adding 17% TA capacity and 250,000 extra seats on Summer schedule.

That's how much 1.5m off the based airlines?
    Will non based airlines really add 2.5 million seats?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    That's how much 1.5m off the based airlines?
    Will non based airlines really add 2.5 million seats?

It's also not including Aer Lingus winter schedule (not 2.5m I know).

It's ambitious, but I can see IAG increasing passenger numbers through Dublin and like last year I can see some growth through the middle east with Etihad and Emirates. I'm no expert, just a keen observer.

Avada wrote: »
    It's also not including Aer Lingus winter schedule (not 2.5m I know).

Forgot about that. So basically say 2.4m extra PAX (Winter schedule was really just LPL and increases on TATL pax)

Still is a lot of pax to come from non based airlines.

Does anyone know how much growth Aer Lingus and Ryanair put towards Dublin's 2015 growth?

Forgot about that. So basically say 2.4m extra PAX (Winter schedule was really just LPL and increases on TATL pax)

Still is a lot of pax to come from non based airlines.

Does anyone know how much growth Aer Lingus and Ryanair put towards Dublin's 2015 growth?

I'm trying to find that at the moment.

After hours of digging (literally since 10am) this is what I've come up with:

Ryanair: Last year carried 10.2m through Dublin. Projected to increase by 15% to 11.75m in 2016. Alicante, Barcelona, Berlin, Liverpool, Madrid, Malaga and Manchester are amongst the 14 routes that will be serviced by extra flights, along with Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, East Midlands, London Gatwick, Venice Treviso and Warsaw.

Aer Lingus: Last year contributed almost ~ 10m to Dublin's growth with that projected to increase (roughly) to over ~ 11.5m this year.

Cityjet: On the DUB-LCY route alone carried ~ 276,000 passengers. That's a 50% increase on 2014. So if it increases just 30% this year that's over 360,000. (Keeping in mind it's getting 15 new aircraft this year that it didn't have last year.)

With them 3 major carriers added up you're looking at under 24 million seats. Excluding them three airlines, everyone else amounted to circa 4.5m last year. To get 29m, we will need 5 million from non-based carriers in 2016, so a very do-able 11% increase is needed.

So, with IAG set to announce a burst of traffic for Dublin, the Gulf carriers possibly to increase capacity and with US carriers confirmed that they are increasing capacity, I can easily see us hitting 29m, if not exceeding that.

Where exactly are Aer Lingus getting an extra 1.5mil pax?

Also fair play for obtaining the figures!

• Advertisement

After hours of digging (literally since 10am) this is what I've come up with:

Ryanair: Last year carried 10.2m through Dublin. Projected to increase by 15% to 11.75m in 2016. Alicante, Barcelona, Berlin, Liverpool, Madrid, Malaga and Manchester are amongst the 14 routes that will be serviced by extra flights, along with Birmingham, Brussels, Budapest, East Midlands, London Gatwick, Venice Treviso and Warsaw.

Aer Lingus: Last year contributed almost ~ 10m to Dublin's growth with that projected to increase (roughly) to over ~ 11.5m this year.

Cityjet: On the DUB-LCY route alone carried ~ 276,000 passengers. That's a 50% increase on 2014. So if it increases just 30% this year that's over 360,000. (Keeping in mind it's getting 15 new aircraft this year that it didn't have last year.)

With them 3 major carriers added up you're looking at under 24 million seats. Excluding them three airlines, everyone else amounted to circa 4.5m last year. To get 29m, we will need 5 million from non-based carriers in 2016, so a very do-able 11% increase is needed.

So, with IAG set to announce a burst of traffic for Dublin, the Gulf carriers possibly to increase capacity and with US carriers confirmed that they are increasing capacity, I can easily see us hitting 29m, if not exceeding that.

Emirates yesterday at the the Holiday world show completely ruled out A380 for 2016 in any form and no 3rd flight either.

Where exactly are Aer Lingus getting an extra 1.5mil pax?

Also fair play for obtaining the figures!

The TA will give an increase of almost 22-28%, that's going to grow due to the 3 new routes and IAG connections aswell as general connecting traffic going up. So that'd bring EI almost 600,000 extra seats. IAG's apparently ''enormous" connections plan will see a huge spike in that, so it might go higher. 6 new European routes announced also. You're then looking at charters and the winter schedule which could be surprisingly high.

The TA will give an increase of almost 22-28%, that's going to grow due to the 3 new routes and IAG connections aswell as general connecting traffic going up. So that'd bring EI almost 600,000 extra seats. IAG's apparently ''enormous" connections plan will see a huge spike in that, so it might go higher. 6 new European routes announced also. You're then looking at charters and the winter schedule which could be surprisingly high.

2 of the 3 new routes don't start until September so growth would be capped a little. I only count 3 new European routes. The charter won't be increasing majorly or at all.

Anyway exciting to see. DUB will be a major hub soon.

What I will be interested to see is how DUB continues to cope with adverse weather.

leap year day alone should add 50 to 60,000 extra passengers.

incentivise larger planes in place of smaller ones. A321 instead of A319. ATR72 instead of ATR42. Spruce Goose instead of kittyhawk :)
    just getting more people through the airport results in more people needed for security clearance, baggage handling, car hire desk work, in flight cabin crew, duty free shop assistants and multiplier effect for the local economy.
    The shareholder is the Irish republic. Better to have people doing productive work rather than these people drawing dole or working in jobbridge/social activation schemes paid for by the shareholder.
    Some job announcements were made recently. Get over 30m people flying through the airport and more jobs will come and that is 100% certain.
    Get to 35m and the airport can finace a 2nd runway without increasing landing and passenger charges. Get to 35m and improved public transport links to the airport would pay for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Noxegon

the Gulf carriers possibly to increase capacity

Hmm, even after Etihad pulled their second flight?

I develop Superior Solitaire when I'm not procrastinating on boards.ie.

Incentives for larger aircraft would work in places like LHR, but not really DUB. Airlines won't fly empty aircraft until the incentives are extreme.

load factor active/yield passive airlines i.e. airlines looking to be seen to be rapidly growing would lap up such a pricing strategy and at peak hours the airport shouldn prioritise the new Customer willing to fly an A321 in to the airport rather than an A319. The A321 has to be filled up with price sensitive holidaymakers in addition to the regulars who would otherwise be going to Marbella or Amsterdam on holiday for the Nth time.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭TheFitz13

Anybody know how may passengers etihad and Emirates had in each of their routes?

TheFitz13 wrote: »
    Anybody know how may passengers etihad and Emirates had in each of their routes?

You can find how many PAX went from DUB-AUH or DXB through the CSO website under Airport Pairings data. Its hard enough to find, can't give a link I'm on my phone. Maybe Google Airport Pairings Data CSO and see what comes up.

• Advertisement

TheFitz13 wrote: »

Here are AUH and DXB data for 2015 (up to October 31, data not available after that)

Advertisement