Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport New Runway/Infrastructure.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Drove down there on my motorbike before the split and it was like and obstacle course trying to avoid the bad spots

And to think that there used to be cycle racing around that circuit some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

J6P wrote: »
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/group-likely-to-appeal-courts-dismissal-of-legal-challenges-to-new-dublin-airport-runway-817290.html

Yesterday lawyers representing 22 individual residents - most with addresses at Kilreesk Lane, St Margaret’s, Co Dublin said the group will seek to appeal the court’s dismissal of their arguments including that the development was illegal and that Fingal Council failed to consider or address their concerns about its effect on their homes and lands.

I mean are they delusional or what? What part of them genuinely believes that their concerns outweigh the national interests. This thing is going to happen, they’ve been offered handsome compensation, they need to get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

if the appeal fails, do they pick up the cost? this is f**cking ridiculous!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Idbatterim wrote: »

Well looking at a map the aircraft would be directly overhead Kilreesk Road. So their concerns are understandable.
    However the DAA have made offers of compensation/sound installation to those residents. Would these residents have been affected by the old runway that is currently unused (was it 29/11?)
    I also wonder how many purchased over the last 30 years? As the 2nd runway plan has been floating around for at least 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Tenger wrote: »
    Well looking at a map the aircraft would be directly overhead Kilreesk Road. So their concerns are understandable.
    However the DAA have made offers of compensation/sound installation to those residents. Would these residents have been affected by the old runway that is currently unused (was it 29/11?)
    I also wonder how many purchased over the last 30 years? As the 2nd runway plan has been floating around for at least 25.

I just have zero sympathy for them. How many moved there in the last decade or two? I am sure they would be happy if it took a different flight path, then you simply upset others who will object. That airport is of national significance and contributes a sizeable sum to the economy. They on the other hand , are a total insignificance. You arent talking tens of thousands being effected here which would be different, you are talking about a handful of people Tough luck, this country is so hamstrung in so many ways, its a joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Blut2

Its not even the last 30 years. Its more like how many moved in in the last 60.

There is no way the runway should be further delayed with this ridiculous NIMBYism by a tiny number of people. They've been offered generous compensation, and the whole country requires Dublin Airport operating efficiently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Idbatterim wrote: »

As its in the High Court it would be likely that the DAA will have applied for "Security of Costs".

If granted the residents will have to place in escrow enough funds to cover the DAA's legal fees so if the DAA win their costs are covered. Basically, its ensuring that the party taking action can afford to lose. HC cases can quickly reach six figures in solicitor fees alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Blut2 wrote: »

There is no way the runway should be further delayed with this ridiculous NIMBYism by a tiny number of people. They've been offered generous compensation, and the whole country requires Dublin Airport operating efficiently.

Any idea what sort of compensation has been offered?

Neilw wrote: »

Last I heard was 40%-60% above value.

Neilw wrote: »

Last I heard was 40%-60% above value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GJQLLD_fzU
    I see the new South Gates are in operation, has anyone used them yet? 
    It mentions in the DAA video that passengers are bussed from gate 335 to the south gates,  Im surprised they aren't doing this from terminal 2? Would it not have made more sense to have the bus transfer from gate 407 or 409?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Locker10a wrote: »
    It mentions in the DAA video that passengers are bussed from gate 335 to the south gates,  Im surprised they aren't doing this from terminal 2? Would it not have made more sense to have the bus transfer from gate 407 or 409?

Not sure it's the long term plan for 335 but as the bus shuttle is 2 minutes, difficult to do it at T2.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Locker10a wrote: »

I actually arrived into the South Gates last month, is odd to see the official launch this week! EI evening flight from Frankfurt landed there and we got a bus via. the south gates to T2 iirc. Efficient enough, was surprised when it landed there and we were walking into this new building though!

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Not sure it's the long term plan for 335 but as the bus shuttle is 2 minutes, difficult to do it at T2.

Why is it difficult? Does US CBP get in the way?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

MICKEYG wrote: »

I guess it’s a 2 min drive from 400 gates which allows a higher frequency shuttle versus a longer journey from gate 335.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

I guess it’s a 2 min drive from 400 gates which allows a higher frequency shuttle versus a longer journey from gate 335.

Confused, my understanding is that is leaving from 335 now. Why did they pick the longer route. Also, would a 400 gate not have tied in more closely with the EI operation.

The bus is so frequent how could you justify taking a gate out of service when demand exceeds supply at T2. I think they are building a bus lounge at T2 and closer which will probally be open next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Confused, my understanding is that is leaving from 335 now. Why did they pick the longer route. Also, would a 400 gate not have tied in more closely with the EI operation.

The 33 gates can't be used for anything but buses, makes more sense than losing a 400 gate for it. It is about maximising gates/stands after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Must be some fast drying tarmac they are using. The lights on the runway must look strange with old lights on one part and new led on the other. Anyone got a picture of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 33 gates can't be used for anything but buses, makes more sense than losing a 400 gate for it. It is about maximising gates/stands after all.

True and they have built a bus turning area to the west of the 33X gates, so it won't be changing any time soon.

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    True and they have built a bus turning area to the west of the 33X gates, so it won't be changing any time soon.

There is plans for a T2 bus lounge, I can't recall them exactly or what the statue is but I suspect it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    There is plans for a T2 bus lounge, I can't recall them exactly or what the statue is but I suspect it will happen.

Not in the timeframe (as in weeks), as the other poster seems to think is reasonable. That was my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

Do Norwegian and Hatford really need to use CBP. Id assume queuing times in them airports is similar to arriving into busy EU airports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

LXFlyer wrote: »
    The five additional gates (and nine stands) at the satellite terminal should help with reducing the congestion as well.

Is that where gate 335 is located? I had a flight from T2 to Faro last week. We were bussed out to a terminal I never was in previously. We were the only flight using it at that time, but there appeared to be about 3 gates? And no air bridges.

joeysoap wrote: »
    Is that where gate 335 is located? I had a flight from T2 to Faro last week. We were bussed out to a terminal I never was in previously. We were the only flight using it at that time, but there appeared to be about 3 gates? And no air bridges.

Yes only opened a few weeks ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

joeysoap wrote: »

That's the new south gates. There are 5 gates/8 stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

409C will become available for Widebody aircraft when they roll out the automatic guidance docking...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 EI121

Bussywussy wrote: »
    409C will become available for Widebody aircraft when they roll out the automatic guidance docking...

How will PAX get from CBP to that gate? Considering if gate 401 is in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭The Veteran

IE 222 wrote: »
    Do Norwegian and Hatford really need to use CBP. Id assume queuing times in them airports is similar to arriving into busy EU airports.

CBP would not allow the flights into the airports Norwegian go to without using ore-clearance because the resources are not in place Stare side to take all the flights wanted to push into its destination airports

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,176 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

CBP would not allow the flights into the airports Norwegian go to without using ore-clearance because the resources are not in place Stare side to take all the flights wanted to push into its destination airports

They fly from Belfast, Cork and Edinburgh to these airports though?

Advertisement