Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what have apple invented

Options
  • 16-05-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Post steve wozniak and hardware not software

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

It's not a fair question. Everything in hardware is incremental upgrades now. You can see consumer hardware technology coming down the line 3 years in advance so surprises don't happen (IMO - if you're surprised it's because you weren't keeping track).

Software innovation is where there is still room for surprise IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

...a great marketing dept

• Registered Users Posts: 19 BWSMG

But apart from taking ideas and improving on them , what have they actually invented in house .

• Registered Users Posts: 83,318 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There are numerous articles on the internet about this.

The short version is very little in terms of Einstein or AGB. In terms of releasing products that become the defacto standard against which other similar products are measured against? Quite a lot.

If you're interested, I can see where this thread is going and am not personally interested in rehashing a very well defined argument. It is on the web. https://www.google.com/search?q=what+has+apple+invented&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

In fact this video answers your question so aptly, even the post-wozniak caveat, I'm surprised you even tried to raise this question here, unless you were just looking to stir the pot.

PS The guy in the video gets all his credibility from that copy of Dune in the corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Hype?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BWSMG wrote: »
    But apart from taking ideas and improving on them , what have they actually invented in house .

This is such a weird question. What exactly would qualify? What has Microsoft invented recently? Samsung? Nikon?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm surprised you even tried to raise this question here, unless you were just looking to stir the pot.

I agree, this forum isn't really the place for such a thread and I can't see this discussion ending well.. Closed :)

Nick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement