Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ins and outs of bins

Options
  • 16-05-2013 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

Im moving into a rented property in dun laoghaire next week.
    The landlady has informed me that I need to take care of the bins my self.

Im only now realising that I know nothing about this. my last few houses it was included in the rent or was a shared skip.

What are my options, are there a number of companies to contact? is it done through the council?
    Are there cheap options?

Is it better/cheaper to recycle.

I dont even know what the colour bins are, or what they mean.

can anyone direct me to a source of this information?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ask her what the previous remnants did and if there are bins there already.

Basically, you get a black bin and a green bin. Black for rubbish, green for recycling.

You pay per lift and per kilo for the black bin, the green bin is free. You will get a list with the green non telling you what can go in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Ask her what the previous remnants did and if there are bins there already.
    I think I saw brown bins there. Ill no more on the weekend.

Am i stuck with using the existing company? I think it said panda waste on the bins.
    Or are there other companies to choose from, do they operate in one area each or all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

They usually compete for the same business,

The brown bin is for composting - it works out more expensive than the black bin so don't bother..

Panda dont seem to charge for the lift if its under 5kg, just the contents

Advertisement