Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Dental

Options
  • 16-05-2013 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have(had) a dental plan with Absolute Dental but I have received a letter from the underwriters telling me that the practise has now shutdown - can anybody confirm this?

I have called but the line just keeps ringing out which would indicate that business has ceased.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Carlow2

Got similar letter too. Website is closed and the premises is advertised.

I wonder what happened. He provided an excellent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

I got a letter about 2 months ago saying he was taking a year off to go back to college for more training. But he would have a replacemet there to take over for the year.Maybe that fell through and he couldn't find someone to run it for the next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Best dentist i ever went to, anyone recommend any other dentists?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭oscillating wildely

I also received letter telling Sanjay would be away from the practise as he would be doing a Masters. I went there twice since that letter and was seen by a guy called Eric who was very good also.

As previous poster has said are there any good recommendations? Has anybody gone to the Eastern European dentist in Graiguecullen?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

Kiwi Dental in Shamrock Plaza is very good. The principal dentist there used to work in Pembroke dental for a good few years. Her name is Caroline Robins. shes really good, and very child friendly if thats important to you. I HATED going to the dentist but since I started going to her it doesn't seem so bad on the rare ocassion i do have to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Er, dont think you are allowed to post that. It's considered advertising which i dont think is allowed on boards. You can pm them with details, but not post publicly i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

I don't see how I did anything wrong. I gave my opinion in response to a question asked by the OP. plenty of people have expressed their opinions both good and bad about various business's in Carlow in many other threads and I don't see how this is different. Either way if I have done something wrong its for the mods to act upon and rectify.

Also back on topic a few people I know have used the dentist in Graiguecullen village and said that he is very affordable and really good. They are open at the weekend too which is handy. Seemingly it's very busy these days so you have to book an appointment well in advance. That surly is testament to how good the place must be.

Advertisement