Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom eFibre already launched?

• 16-05-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

According to this its already launched http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0516/450655-eircom-launches-fibre-broadband-products/

However when I ring them up they say they'll get back to me on the 20th. Then the other day one of their reps said its not launching in my area (Tallaght) at all. Which is obviously false because tallaght is part of the first phase. I've no clue on who to believe here. RTE news, The lying bitch on the phone. Or the super nice eircom rep who said he'll get back to me on the 20th..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Wambo wrote: »
    According to this its already launched http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/0516/450655-eircom-launches-fibre-broadband-products/

However when I ring them up they say they'll get back to me on the 20th. Then the other day one of their reps said its not launching in my area (Tallaght) at all. Which is obviously false because tallaght is part of the first phase. I've no clue on who to believe here. RTE news, The lying bitch on the phone. Or the super nice eircom rep who said he'll get back to me on the 20th..

Launch announcement today...going live on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Wambo

bealtine wrote: »
    Launch announcement today...going live on the 20th
    Are you sure? because on this page http://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/item/32664-eircom-goes-live-with-up-to/ it says its already gone live. Idk though you might be right. This is really confusing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

This kind of stuff annoys me.http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/eircom-bosses-may-net-a-60m-bonus-pot-29259813.html

How many fibre cabinets could Eircom potentially buy with this and help out rural areas with better broadband?

Isn't this one of the reasons way Eircom ran into finance problems in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Eircom wanted to lauch in early April but were refused by Comreg following a consultation - http://www.comreg.ie/publications/response_to_eircom_s_request_for_a_derogation_on_launch_date_for_wholesale_nga_services.583.104317.p.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

The launch party was today.The official launch isn't until Monday.not available to sell till 20th.date is set by regulator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Just seen it on the news so should be officially available

peble wrote: »
    Just seen it on the news so should be officially available

ehh no from Monday

So if it does officially launch on monday. Will they be able to come out the same day to set it up?

Wambo wrote: »
    So if it does officially launch on monday. Will they be able to come out the same day to set it up?

there are 100s of "expressions of interest" logged so they'll probably get done first...who knows really. Logistics and planning are involved in getting an installer to do the install

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

ehh no from Monday
    Good to know ...so they just wanted to get their free advertisement . Would be intresting to find out exactly how long it takes them to get to hook you up from the moment you call them.

• Advertisement

there are 100s of "expressions of interest" logged so they'll probably get done first...who knows really. Logistics and planning are involved in getting an installer to do the install
    True, I'm just trying to figure out what day I'll actually be able to have it. Probably a few days after it launches I'm guessing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

question re availability..there is one of the new hinged cabinets within 400m of my house,but eircom say fibre is not available to me,,how is this the case?

cheers,
    daithi

daithi1970 wrote: »
    question re availability..there is one of the new hinged cabinets within 400m of my house,but eircom say fibre is not available to me,,how is this the case?
    i

eircoms address database is a bit temperamental, try a few variations on your address/townland, it's also possible you are not connected to that cab...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

I called them about this.
    The exchange from Malahide isn't capable for this yet.
    They took my number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭axle108

The new cases are erected first, but there's a lot more work after this before fibre can be available. But in fairness, any area the cases have been erected, they have been ready soon afterwards

Advertisement