Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forced to sell home?What can sheriff take?

• 16-05-2013 4:12pm
    Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭

hello there,

I hope you are all well.

Got a nasty letter today which went "unless.......issue legal proceedings against you without further notice to you.Once judgement is obtained against you we will instruct the sheriff to seize your goods and/or register the judgement as a mortgage on your property and then seek an order for sale of your property."

So, can this be done? And how would someone go about selling your house like this?

Almost all is in the name of my wife and myself, even though the debt is in my sole name. So, can they still proceed?

What can a sheriff take? Can he take things belonging to my wife?

Many thanks for your help,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

Contact MABS http://mabs.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

johneym wrote: »
    hello there,

I hope you are all well.

Got a nasty letter today which went "unless.......issue legal proceedings against you without further notice to you.Once judgement is obtained against you we will instruct the sheriff to seize your goods and/or register the judgement as a mortgage on your property and then seek an order for sale of your property."

So, can this be done? And how would someone go about selling your house like this?

Almost all is in the name of my wife and myself, even though the debt is in my sole name. So, can they still proceed?

What can a sheriff take? Can he take things belonging to my wife?

Many thanks for your help,

John

its revenue right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Site Banned Posts: 344 ✭✭johneym

thanks for the reply.

No its not revenue. Its a service which i did not ask for and dispute.

Its 4000 euro. Can one be forced to sell their home for this? Or what is the meaning of this "judgement as a mortgage" thing.

Also,when they go to court to get a judgement, do they have to inform me? So I can defend?I am fully prepared to defend myself.

• Advertisement

tks,

will the summons be sent via registered post? Where I sign? ie do they need to prove they informed me? I dont trust them.

tks a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

johneym wrote: »
    thanks for the reply.

No its not revenue. Its a service which i did not ask for and dispute.

Its 4000 euro. Can one be forced to sell their home for this? Or what is the meaning of this "judgement as a mortgage" thing.

Also,when they go to court to get a judgement, do they have to inform me? So I can defend?I am fully prepared to defend myself.

Take a look here
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/losing_your_home/home_repossession.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

You don't need MABS. You need a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

RangeR wrote: »
    You don't need MABS. You need a solicitor.

For a €4000.00 debt, in which the only document issued is a letter of demand. Seems more like a budget issue at the moment.

• Advertisement

thanks lads,

Fred, who exactly will the registered letter be from? The court or their solicitor? If from them, do they have to prove they informed me? ie show or prove I received a summons?

Thanks a lot,

John

But do u know Fred if they have to show this to a court ie to show they sent me?
    and what if I dont accept the letter?

thanks Fred,

you are a shrove of info.
    I see your point.

Do they have to prove to the judge that they informed me?
    Also the address is wrong. Does that make a difference?

Tks a lot

John

Advertisement