Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tailor/Alterations southside Dublin

• 16-05-2013 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,
    On an internship at the moment and need some formal wear for the office. I'm 24, 6'2 quite athletic build. Problem is when I buy shirts I need an xl but becuase I have wide shoulders and slim waist they are always baggy around the waste. I want something with a better fit. My shirts are mostly zara/high street but I have a few designer ones as well. Does anyone know a reasonable tailor on south side? I live in stillorgan

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 u_mirin

Apologies for the atrocious spelling above, I wrote it in a rush for a meeting!.. ~waist ~because

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

u_mirin wrote: »
    Apologies for the atrocious spelling above, I wrote it in a rush for a meeting!.. ~waist ~because

Des Byrnes on Grafton St. or the Alterations Centre on Anne St. South are two city centre places I always recommend here.

Hopefully they're handy if your internship is in the IFSC or D2 area. I don't have any recommendations for Stillorgan or nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Is it expensive to get stuff altered?

I have a blazer that I need to get made a little tighter on the arms, just trying to figure out how much it would cost approximately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Sugar Free wrote: »
    Des Byrnes on Grafton St. or the Alterations Centre on Anne St. South are two city centre places I always recommend here.

Maybe I should start a new thread, hope its ok to ask. I need my wedding dress altered (its actually an Alice temperley dress not a wedding dress) & I'm finding it difficult to get anyone who will alter it for me as its hand made. Do you think they'd do it? Are they master tailors? Thanks for any information.

Advertisement