Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good family doctor

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello, I am looking for a good family doctor /pediatrician in the lusk area (other than the fingal clinic by super value please.!).
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Skerries to far? http://skerriesdoctor.com/appointments.html Cannot fault Dr. Jack Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Balbriggan might be too far but Patrick the Canadian doctor in Castlemills is very good. down to earth normal doctor and is very esy to talk to..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

Balbriggan might be too far but Patrick the Canadian doctor in Castlemills is very good. down to earth normal doctor and is very esy to talk to..

It's pretty much a 50/50 split for most people as to how good he is. Personally I don't rate him and he does have a significant malpractice ruling against him. Having said that, I also know people, like yourself, who think he's great.

Bracken clinic are good, although long waits even when you have an appointment.

I don't think either Skerries or Balbriggan would suit OP though if they are looking for medical care and have kids - last thing you want is to have to drive a sick child any further than absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

I don't think either Skerries or Balbriggan would suit OP though if they are looking for medical care and have kids - last thing you want is to have to drive a sick child any further than absolutely necessary.[/quote]

Thank you all for the replies and yes as little Ted says it's not ideal for me to travel far with two small children unfortunately and as far as I know there is only the fingal clinic in lusk and with no offence to them I don't think they are very good and they are constantly changing doctors and not for the better imho, just wish I could find a real good doctor close to home..!!

Sorry I can't give a recommendation for your area Hotchkiss. It is getting tougher to find decent doctors anywhere these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

Little Ted wrote: »
    Sorry I can't give a recommendation for your area Hotchkiss. It is getting tougher to find decent doctors anywhere these days.

Indeed..! Thanks anyway Little Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Wow..didn't know that. I suppose it's like anything else, some people will have good and some people bad things to say about a service.

always a good idea to google your doctors name followed by malpractice! ;)

Advertisement