Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Kitchen & Bathroom

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi Guys,

Just hoping to pick a few brains, been keeping an eye on these forums for the last few months. I'm a first time buyer - and am doing up the kitchen and bathroom of a small semi d. Just wondering if Ikea - are the most reasonable for kitchens at the minute? Like I said, first time buyer so budget isn't huge - hence why I thought of ikea, plus they have a 25 yr warranty. Also need to gut the bathroom - thinking b&q for this - just because i can get everything there and get them to fit it/tile/plumb etc. I'm guessing buying separately and getting people in would work out cheaper - but afraid that if several visits have to be done - for tiling etc. that it might be as effective just to get a team from the stores in.

am i mad?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 classic tiler

crovert wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just hoping to pick a few brains, been keeping an eye on these forums for the last few months. I'm a first time buyer - and am doing up the kitchen and bathroom of a small semi d. Just wondering if Ikea - are the most reasonable for kitchens at the minute? Like I said, first time buyer so budget isn't huge - hence why I thought of ikea, plus they have a 25 yr warranty. Also need to gut the bathroom - thinking b&q for this - just because i can get everything there and get them to fit it/tile/plumb etc. I'm guessing buying separately and getting people in would work out cheaper - but afraid that if several visits have to be done - for tiling etc. that it might be as effective just to get a team from the stores in.

am i mad?!

Like you said it's all down to cost. I've recently revamped my kitchen using ikea work tops etc and found them extremely cheap (€40 per 8ft length work top). My advice is visit way up both costs of B&Q supplying and fitting and buying from Plumbing Trade company and hiring a Handy man or separate tradesmen.

Advertisement