Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 14), May 17-18, 2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Fancy us to do a proper number on Bray tomorrow evening. Their record against us in general is shocking and I think we have given them some proper hidings over the last few years in TX.

Since when is the Flansiro called City Calling? Any why?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

gimmick wrote: »

Since when is the Flansiro called City Calling? Any why?

Change in sponsorship.

Can see Rovers punishing us tomorrow. Going to struggle to make KO, stupid RTE.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Lyons and Lopes suspended for Bohs... Balls.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Does that mean Scully upfront?:cool:

dfx- wrote: »
    Does that mean Scully upfront?:cool:

More than likely. :(

I'm hoping he does a Shola Ameobi. Plays generally shít against everyone else and unleashes a deadly attack against local rivals.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Sean Mc Cafferry is available and rumours are Seanie Connor is home from the Far East after his money dispute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sean Mc Cafferry is available and rumours are Seanie Connor is home from the Far East after his money dispute

Someone with a bit of integrity please. Who can get all stakeholders in the club moving in the same direction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pete Mahon tbh

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Pete Mahon tbh

Wouldn't be opposed to that appointment. Hopefully the board consider all applications on their merit rather than having someone in their head already.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Massive game for the Harps tomorrow. Another win combined with the one at Longford would definitely make up for poor form beforehand.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't be opposed to that appointment. Hopefully the board consider all applications on their merit rather than having someone in their head already.

Johnny Mac another out of work who would jump at it.

Johnny Mac another out of work who would jump at it.

I'd rather not go with another failed manager from the LOI merrygoround. Mahon is the only one I'd be happy with. Give somebody new a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

If Doc does alright in the interim I'd give him a go. From a proper Shels family too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Nothing less than a 4-0 victory for Bohs again will be acceptable tomorrow night. :o

Ah, bohsboy, how's things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As our chant goes:

Things can only get better,
    Can only get, can only get with Mathews Out!

Don't think we'll get anything tomorrow, but the joy around the club since todays announcement will hopefully get the club back on track both on and off the field!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Won't be easy for us tonight. Have to remember we robbed Bray few weeks ago.

Still though should win but not by many. I be happy with scrappy 1-0 once it's 3 points.

draw tonight :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Hopefully make up for the loss last time. Itll be very close though. Cant wait to go tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

draw tonight :(

Hope your right. Philly is due a goal at this stage.

• Advertisement

Looking forward to my first time out in Tallaght tonight... Not looking forward to the game. Nerves are bloody shredded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

Rovers could hit double figures tonight but I'll put my money on 7-0. Rovers are far superior in every department and will prove it tonight.

Don't forget this goalfest is on RTE. Bohs will be so embarrassed being hammered like that on live TV. Begging for mercy so they will.

Roll on 19:05 :pac:

Rovers could hit double figures tonight but I'll put my money on 7-0. Rovers are far superior in every department and will prove it tonight.

Don't forget this goalfest is on RTE. Bohs will be so embarrassed being hammered like that on live TV. Begging for mercy so they will.

....where's the sarcastic rolly eyes? oh wait....you're serious. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

It'll be 1-1 or 7-0 tonight I assume. Depends on if we try to pass sideways or forward.

Ledwith out, Sully out, and powell a doubt. Id hope McCormick goes right back and Ricer stays in the middle, he's been easily our player of the season so far and perfect for these sort of games. SO'C played excellent at left back last week, would be interesting to see if Croly fancies him this week to fill in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

bohsboy wrote: »
    ....where's the sarcastic rolly eyes? oh wait....you're serious. :)

Dead serious. straight for the jugular tonight. Anything less than 5-0 and I'll be calling for Croly's head.

If I were you, I'd start a self imposed exile from this forum right now.

Ebbs wrote: »
    It'll be 1-1 or 7-0 tonight I assume. Depends on if we try to pass sideways or forward.

SO'C played excellent at left back last week, would be interesting to see if Croly fancies him this week to fill in.

Do you remember what happened with the last experiment of a 'winger' going to left back...:eek:

Rovers need an early goal to see what Callaghan does. The longer it goes, the better for them. A couple of early goals, it could be 3 or 4. No early goals or first goal conceded, it's uphill all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

dfx- wrote: »
    Do you remember what happened with the last experiment of a 'winger' going to left back...:eek:

Rovers need an early goal to see what Callaghan does. The longer it goes, the better for them. A couple of early goals, it could be 3 or 4. No early goals or first goal conceded, it's uphill all the way.

True, funny how it was in the same fixture too. Soccy and Brennan similar types of players/attitudes too.

When we score first we dont look like conceding at all, very solid. The problem is we dont play with urgency so when another team scores first we have no plan b. A can see their being a few tired legs with the fixture build up too, maybe a few fresh legs will be brought in.

Dead serious. straight for the jugular tonight. Anything less than 5-0 and I'll be calling for Croly's head.

Hilarious. Read my sig and beware setting yourself up for a fall. These games are unpredictable, experience will teach you that. Again, its the underdogs in every one of these games that always over performs.

Anyway, hope you've lumped everything you've got on the 7-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Limerick take the lead Shane Tracy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Have the Shels fans not been told that Matthews is gone? Seems they're still protesting by staying away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

I see the standard of refereeing hasnt improved in the last two seasons, Neil Doyle you are a super gonk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Terrible Penalty decision. Hit his face. Bohs very unlucky.

An absolutely woeful first half at Tolka Park. I can see now why Shels fans are p!ssed off this season. One of the worst games I've been at in a long while.

monkey9 wrote: »
    An absolutely woeful first half at Tolka Park. I can see now why Shels fans are p!ssed off this season. One of the worst games I've been at in a long while.

The entertainment value of the first half has been a testament to our performance so far. We've stopped you playing football and probably looked the slightly more dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Very enjoyable match in Tallaght. Deserved point for Bohs.

• Advertisement

What a laughing stock the Shams are!! Haha!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

monkey9 wrote: »
    What a laughing stock the Shams are!! Haha!!

Very helpful to other clubs, there silly decision to get rid of Stephen Kenny has made Dundalk a top 4/5 side again in the space of 6 months

Enjoying this half a lot more. A Shels red card was of course inevitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh John Mulroy you beast. The pass for Waters' 2nd was sublime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

~Big result for us tonight away to Drogs, especially after throwing away a 2 nil lead.

• Advertisement

Now my good man, I really suggest as you begin your enforced exile that you might put the above down to alcohol or some other mind inducing drug.

You're obviously a bandwagon blow in as any seasoned fan will know Bohs - Sham is the coupon buster, the one you can never predict as you foolishly did.

Secondly, the Neil Doyle saga. This guy sold programmes when I frequented the RDS and I understand was prominent in the starting of the 400 Club. Very nice bloke by the way, but this day was always going to happen. An absolute howler of a decision. His Rovers links will now be dragged up and I think he's seriously damaged his reffing career.

Lastly, Rovers are putrid. I knew when the crybaby was starting that we'd a great chance. Gutted we didn't win it, absolutely gutted we really have to be picking up points against such inferior opposition. Scully, Mulcahy and surprisingly Delaney were immense as were the kids. Not surprising though, playing against them would spur anyone on.

Disappointing night in all honesty.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TM3ryRcA9Ew

Not the night that we were hoping for, but with a ridiculous amount of players unavailable and a serious mess made by Mathews to fix, a honeymoon period wasn't gonna be easy. Bray and UCD getting results doesn't make it easy for us.

Inconsistent as hell.

Really are awful in final third.

Fair play to Bray though not bad side,

Just back from the Belfield Bowl. Good point for UCD, although in the end we could have won it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

NIMAN wrote: »
    ~Big result for us tonight away to Drogs, especially after throwing away a 2 nil lead.
    Went to this game tonight. Drogs will be kicking themselves. Should have been out of sight after the first half. Missed at least three gilt edged chances.

Patterson is one moans fcuker but he's a great centre forward. Played the lone striker role to perfection tonight. Won every flick on and scored two goals. (Missed a sitter for his hatrick). Derry's winner was a work of art. Lovely build up play before Patterson rifled it into the top corner. Enjoyable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Can Bohs fans not celebrate without invading the pitch?

More of the same at the Cross. Another disjointed display and Bray did well to get the win. Couple of cracking finishes from "Marty" Waters.

Bray's first win in Cork since 1987.

Hard to see where Tommy Dunne goes from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

Bohemian F.C. 1 - 1 Neil Doyle.

Gary Dempsey on twitter not happy man.

Rightly so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

A Bray player went in recklessly on Danny Murphy twice, only getting carded once, and fell down numerous times at the slightest of touches. He was booed by the home fans, as any other player in his situation would be.

On the match, we had enough chances in the first half to win it. We must've had eight corners in the first and four or five in the second. Had a few cleared off the line, too. Shocking defending for their goals, but full credit to Bray - they had four or five clear cut chances and they finished three of them. If you can't convert your chances, you won't win matches, so well done to them. They seemed to bring a decent amount compared to what they usually have - about 30 or so in the away end. They had plenty to cheer about, anyway.

Edit: Maybe I was a bit hasty re Gary Dempsey. Seems it came from the main stand, and not just normal booing. A few City fans on our forum say they saw/heard it happen, too, so there should be an investigation into it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement