Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 14), May 17-18, 2013

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Meanwhile, down in the basement. Wexford Youths had a comfortable 1-0 win against the worst Waterford side I have seen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

750599.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    A Bray player went in recklessly on Danny Murphy twice, only getting carded once, and fell down numerous times at the slightest of touches. He was booed by the home fans, as any other player in his situation would be. But, because his skin colour happens to be a bit different than most of the other players, it MUST be racism.

On the match, we had enough chances in the first half to win it. We must've had eight corners in the first and four or five in the second. Had a few cleared off the line, too. Shocking defending for their goals, but full credit to Bray - they had four or five clear cut chances and they finished three of them. If you can't convert your chances, you won't win matches, so well done to them. They seemed to bring a decent amount compared to what they usually have - about 30 or so in the away end. They had plenty to cheer about, anyway.

Edit: Maybe I was a bit hasty re Gary Dempsey. Seems it came from the main stand, and not just normal booing.

No reason for me not to believe him.

Whoever said these remarks need to be found and punished.

It's the inconsistency in these performances that's worrying.

City fans will say we be doing much better had we not dropped many points in closing minutes, but half the games we won we were lucky too. UCD, Bray(away) and Bohs spring to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Paz-CCFC

No reason for me not to believe him.

Whoever said these remarks need to be found and punished.

Yeah, I agree. See my last edit.
    It's the inconsistency in these performances that's worrying.

City fans will say we be doing much better had we not dropped many points in closing minutes, but half the games we won we were lucky too. UCD, Bray(away) and Bohs spring to mind.

UCD and Bray were lucky ones. Bohs at home wasn't, we deserved that and should've won by more. Bohs away was a bit lucky, but then Limerick at home was unlucky with the red card and McNulty's moment of madness. Obviously, four wins isn't good enough.

What's interesting (in a depressing way) is that, for all of our wins, we've had to come from behind to win 2-1. In every game that we've gone 1-0 up, we've drawn them.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Nice way to equalise, definitely deserved at least the point.

Disaster getting home, problem with the Luas, huge group of Bohs fans walking up to Belgard station from Tallaght as a result.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

huge group of Bohs fans .
    :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Once we scored it was over, Leech played well for them nice to see him playing. Easy enough in the end, stupid stupid tackle for the red card. Happened right in front of me and he knew he was gone, no intent but you cant raise your foot if you dont know where the other player is.

17 arrests after the game apparently.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Once we scored it was over, Leech played well for them nice to see him playing. Easy enough in the end, stupid stupid tackle for the red card. Happened right in front of me and he knew he was gone, no intent but you cant raise your foot if you dont know where the other player is.

17 arrests after the game apparently.

:eek::eek:

After a Shels - Pats match?

Madworld wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

After a Shels - Pats match?

Garda told me that, pats fans said 2 shels fans were arrested. i was in the ground till about 11pm so seen nothing. I did see lars1916 tho :D And des who i heard declined the shels manager job on unknown grounds his half time unveiling had to be cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Thought City played some good football tonight but poor defending and not taking chances when on top let them
    down.They seemed to run out of steam after an hour

I heard the Bray striker getting booed didn't hear anything else.It needs to be dealt
    with swiftly though.Was sat a few rows behind the City dugout and Dunne was
    getting a good bit of abuse as well as Behan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Paz-CCFC wrote: »
    A Bray player went in recklessly on Danny Murphy twice, only getting carded once, and fell down numerous times at the slightest of touches. He was booed by the home fans, as any other player in his situation would be.

On the match, we had enough chances in the first half to win it. We must've had eight corners in the first and four or five in the second. Had a few cleared off the line, too. Shocking defending for their goals, but full credit to Bray - they had four or five clear cut chances and they finished three of them. If you can't convert your chances, you won't win matches, so well done to them. They seemed to bring a decent amount compared to what they usually have - about 30 or so in the away end. They had plenty to cheer about, anyway.

Edit: Maybe I was a bit hasty re Gary Dempsey. Seems it came from the main stand, and not just normal booing. A few City fans on our forum say they saw/heard it happen, too, so there should be an investigation into it.

Actually the second time was clearly a slip, the one he was booked for. But the ref was woeful for both sides without a doubt, how many advantages could ye have had in the first half?

Second half at least Bray looked like scoring. Defended doggedly and the finishes were sweet. Full credit to Mulroy, delighted he came back.

Re Dempsey, I was down that end when one can only assume when the abuse came(when Izzy was bundled over and hurt shoulder). I didn't hear anything specific thankfully, but I did think I hope nothing stupid is said. There were 3 young lads in behind the goal giving abuse to what seemed like Dempsey, wonder was it actually directed at Izzy? Its a strong claim to make, can't see why it wouldn't be true. If it is, there should be strong repercussions. Which would be sad, cos Turners Cross is fine and the Cork folk were grand around us, even when Bray scored (main stand, closer to home fans than away fans).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

TBL, you officially had a bohsboy-about-belgrade moment there.

I'd love to know how Croly thought that 11 he picked would win. He clearly doesn't rate Bohs as he did the same by dropping Finn and Kilduff for Dalymount, but it'd be interesting to hear from him. Of all games to drop Rice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Pighead wrote: »
    Went to this game tonight. Drogs will be kicking themselves. Should have been out of sight after the first half. Missed at least three gilt edged chances.

Patterson is one moans fcuker but he's a great centre forward. Played the lone striker role to perfection tonight. Won every flick on and scored two goals. (Missed a sitter for his hatrick). Derry's winner was a work of art. Lovely build up play before Patterson rifled it into the top corner. Enjoyable game.

Couldn't have summed him up better myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Heard there was messing going on outside alright. Didn't see anything though.

dfx- wrote: »
    but it'd be interesting to hear from him. Of all games to drop Rice.

You need a media pass for that.

We went joint top tonight, dundalk 7-0 will do it cheers.

EDIT

Dave Mulcahy is a legend. #beast we miss you :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Whatever the result, this sums tonight up

254311.jpg

was so proud to see Kev leading the team out tonight, on a par with seeing the lights on in Tolka that night we played our first game after being relegated.

Love Shels, loved seeing a club legend in the dugout leading us to the light at the end of the tunnel.

SPA won at Tolka, fairplay to them, we got a victory tonight too, rid of a cancer that was killing us.

Proud to see it.

Whatever the result, this sums tonight up

254311.jpg

was so proud to see Kev leading the team out tonight, on a par with seeing the lights on in Tolka that night we played our first game after being relegated.

Love Shels, loved seeing a club legend in the dugout leading us to the light at the end of the tunnel.

SPA won at Tolka, fairplay to them, we got a victory tonight too, rid of a cancer that was killing us.

Proud to see it.

Your "52 years" banner made of wallpaper was ****ing embarassing right after we scored the 2nd goal.(considering what bohs did tonight its in the gutter)

your team used to win ****......giggle....enjoying your demise....yes ...yes i am...i wish your club to die.

Same thing your club tried to do to us.

Enjoy your relgation battle... *****

/not bitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Your "52 years" banner made of wallpaper was ****ing embarassing right after we scored the 2nd goal.(considering what bohs did tonight its in the gutter)

your team used to win ****......giggle....enjoying your demise....yes ...yes i am...i wish your club to die.

/not bitter

And then i had 2 pints and it all went white..

/not bitter
    And your club has won what since we got demoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

CSF wrote: »
    And your club has won what since we got demoted?

Since 2006 both clubs have won the same trophies. Kind of funny seeing as this is one of worst spells in history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Last night was the worst performance I have ever seen. Utter crap. Embarrassing. So much dead wood in that side. The likes of Colin Healy, Denis Behan, Mark McNulty and other do called senior pros can do one. Tommy has a huge job on his hands to turn this around but I can only see him going. And god help us with the muppet board we have. They will appoint someone who is their mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I could say something, containing the words 'embarrassing' and 'away support', but I better keep quiet...

:confused:

Okay...in fairness...not the whole lot of the away support, but a certain element, maybe 30-40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Happy with the draw in this case. We were on top for large parts of the second half but just couldn't find that finishing touch. Could maybe have been a different story had Chris Lyons not been suspended but that's a moot point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭Drogmal

Losing that game after coming back to 2 all last night hurt a lot more than the setanta final defeat. Great finish from Patterson for the winner but fcuk me we missed some amount of chances last night, definitely deserved a point if not all 3.

Who was the derry fan playing sub keeper for us at HT last night? :D

That_Guy wrote: »
    Happy with the draw in this case. We were on top for large parts of the second half but just couldn't find that finishing touch. Could maybe have been a different story had Chris Lyons not been suspended but that's a moot point.

May have been a different story if we didn't have a 400 club member refereeing a game for his club against their biggest rivals. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

May have been a different story if we didn't have a 400 club member refereeing a game for his club against their biggest rivals. :cool:

Why is he allowed to referee Shamrock Rovers games? Especially in a big derby. Someone posted up the stats about his red/yellow cards given to Shams players but he shouldn't be allowed to ref their games end of.

That penalty call last night was farcical. He's down to ref the league cup game for Bohs on Monday but hopefully he'll be given the night off to reflect on his performance on MNS instead. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That_Guy wrote: »
    Why is he allowed to referee Shamrock Rovers games? Especially in a big derby. Someone posted up the stats about his red/yellow cards given to Shams players but he shouldn't be allowed to ref their games end of.

That penalty call last night was farcical. He's down to ref the league cup game for Bohs on Monday but hopefully he'll be given the night off to reflect on his performance on MNS instead. ;)

It's a joke that he does their games. Apparently he wasn't meant to do last night's match, but was called up because the ref who was meant to be doing it (can't remember his name) did the second half of our match on tuesday against Shams after Connolly was injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭drumlover22

monkey9 wrote: »
    It's a joke that he does their games. Apparently he wasn't meant to do last night's match, but was called up because the ref who was meant to be doing it (can't remember his name) did the second half of our match on tuesday against Shams after Connolly was injured.

Did Connolly not come on For Graham Kelly at half time in the Shams game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Has tonight's game been called off?
    Only in Ireland could a summer football match be called off for a waterlogged pitch! David/CCFC

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The Sligo Rovers game has been yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Feel bad for the Dundalk fans who made the trip. Passed their bus earlier seemed most of them will enjoy themselves none the less. Its been absolutely pouring down here all day was not surprised it was called off. Haven't seen rain like it in a long time.

You need a media pass for that.

No need at all. I heard him talk this afternoon. Become a Rovers member instead dreamers75, it's a much more worthy cause.

Still holding out and not getting one?

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

BASHIR wrote: »
    Feel bad for the Dundalk fans who made the trip. Passed their bus earlier seemed most of them will enjoy themselves none the less.

Of course they were enjoying themselves, they got to leave Dundalk for a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

21279_474907905912743_34055391_n.jpg

MontyBurns.jpg

Good to see Rice rested on Friday for last night against Dundalk in the League Cup.

Now he obviously needs more rest on Friday so that he's fresh for the LSC tie next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

Alternative (Cann) Premier Division table after the last round of games.

Y3xyEfY.png

The First Division table also.

A3kVlec.png

LOI Stats wrote: »
    Alternative (Cann) Premier Division table after the last round of games.

Y3xyEfY.png

The First Division table also.

A3kVlec.png
    IH?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

IH?

Games in hand I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭LOI Stats

Games in hand, yes. Apologies, there was a while there where there were games in hand every week. I took out "IH = Games in hand" from the bottom when nobody had any games in hand then and forgot to put it back.

• Advertisement

http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2013/05/23/club-statement-19

City fined for last week but whoever abused the Bray striker not identified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

FFS Sergio

F.J. wrote: »
    http://www.corkcityfc.ie/home/2013/05/23/club-statement-19

City fined for last week but whoever abused the Bray striker not identified.
    There was more than one, no?

I dunno.I was at the game and didn't hear any comments been passed.Going by what I saw on Twitter and here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

F.J. wrote: »
    I dunno.I was at the game and didn't hear any comments been passed.Going by what I saw on Twitter and here.

It says where the comments came from in the article linked. As I said, I saw a few lads in particular giving abuse that even Dempsey was responding too. Young enough lads, around late teens at a guess, was a bit away myself. Whether it was them I dunno, but just odd Dempsey responded.

I hope whoever said anything is barred for life. Its left a bad taste, hope it doesn't linger to the next fixture. People will have heard it so should identify whoever it is. No place for it, and was very different from every other Cork fan there.

Advertisement