Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silvervixen's Feedback Thread.

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭

there you go!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I thought it might be better for a mod to start it rather than me but anyway! :p:p

I think there should be a sub-forum for all the 'moving to London' threads.

Right now, on the front page, there are 8 separate threads asking where to live.

The FAQ thread is being totally ignored and people are just starting their own threads asking the same questions.

/mini-rant over

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

This weekend will involve me making some time to do something with them - my current plan is to merge 'em into a megathread, have the FAQ as a non-discussion sticky linking to useful info and threads, and have any future questions go in the megathread.

I understand lots of folks have questions about moving, but I'm getting a tad irked at the number of times the same question is being asked...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Fysh wrote: »
    This weekend will involve me making some time to do something with them - my current plan is to merge 'em into a megathread, have the FAQ as a non-discussion sticky linking to useful info and threads, and have any future questions go in the megathread.

I understand lots of folks have questions about moving, but I'm getting a tad irked at the number of times the same question is being asked...

Thank you! I don't mean to be a nagging nelly, but I just feel they've taken over and ruined the flow of the forum.

I'm happy to give people advice on moving over - we were all in that position once upon a time. The constant repetitiveness is a bit wearisome though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

i agree, a subforum would be best. they're also popping up in the living abroad forum. how can anyone looking for info on london go searching for the living abroad forum and miss the london one?!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

i agree, a subforum would be best. they're also popping up in the living abroad forum. how can anyone looking for info on london go searching for the living abroad forum and miss the london one?!!

Oh, don't remind me that I should be modding that more effectively as well, I'd like to have at least a bit of the weekend left... *cringe*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Fysh wrote: »
    Oh, don't remind me that I should be modding that more effectively as well, I'd like to have at least a bit of the weekend left... *cringe*

oops!! sorry about that! but slightly contradicted myself anyway. if they won't look for a thread that's already there, then there's no hope of them looking for a more relevant forum either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't think the forum is busy enough to justify a sub forum. Just get the mods to mod better and lock down threads that are similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Lump wrote: »
    I don't think the forum is busy enough to justify a sub forum. Just get the mods to mod better and lock down threads that are similar.

I agree. Maybe just create a sticky "Where should I live on my budget?"

I agree. Maybe just create a sticky "Where should I live on my budget?"

All the stickies in the world don't make people read them or spend any time whatosever checking if their question has been asked before by someone else before starting a new thread to ask it again. Which means that, as Lump says, the Modly Broom needs to be more active. (Sadly, Using The Modly Broom is nowhere near as much fun as Clenching The Fist Of Modly Powah!! :()

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

There is a sticky, I say just automatically combine all "Where should I live in London" threads into one massive thread, people will soon learn.

• Advertisement

Rightyho, I've collated all the outstanding useful info from the 27 pages of the FAQ thread and pruned those pages into the new Moving To London Megathread. I'll update the FAQ in the next couple of days once I've had time to make it coherent and internally-consistent. I'm going to keep it as a closed thread going forward; if anyone spots any useful info in the Megathread that I haven't added, feel free to give me a shout via PM to bring it to my attention.

Hopefully this should resolve the issue. However, since we've got the thread open, are there any other issues with the forum that anyone would like to raise?

Advertisement