Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook password

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick one lads and ladies ,
    Last night when logging into hot mail/outlook I was asked to change my password due to suspicious activity involving my account ,begin 3am I input my password then changed it as advised by MS ,(I had the same account and password for 15 years) ,now I'm beginning to think it was a bogey idea anybody have similar issues with sign in before ,
    Genuine Microsoft or scam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Depends, were you asked to click a link and then enter the new password?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

davo2001 wrote: »
    Depends, were you asked to click a link and then enter the new password?

No just came up on the actual sign in ,it was like I was signed in but then been asked to change my password due to suspicious activity with my account

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Could be legitimate, however just in case login to your Hotmail on www.hotmail.com and further change the password to something different to be on the safe side

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

And do it on a separate device like your phone! If the new password works on a independent device, then it's extremely unlikely that the prompt was illegitimate..

Advertisement