Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AUDI WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi everyone this is taken from audi waterfords facebook page:

We are attempting to Break the World Record for the longest parade of Audi’s in convoy in the world.

The current record is held in Germany and is 282 Audi’s that travelled successfully for 3 kms, maintaining no more that a 2 car length gap between each Audi.

We have a 9km route picked out around close to the dealership and on Sunday 16th will intend to break this.

We have chosen 4 charities one to represent each of the “4 rings of Audi” and all monies raised will be divided 4 ways between each charity.

The four charities are

Temple Street Children’s Hospital
    Respect
    Waterford Hospice Movement
    Solas Centre – Cancer Respite for the South East.

You can register you and your Audi for an application form by phoning 01-2916373 or rsvp@audievent.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I heard about this all right - anyone know the route?

Normally you just see one or two Audis up the ar$e of another vehicle on the motorway - shoud be fun to see up to three hundred of them all jockeying for "the lead". :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,347 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Are audi offering insurance against any accidents while taking part?
    Im sure my insurers would immediately invalidate my policy if I told them I was taking part regardless of how slow the drive is.
    What if I lost concentration and hit the guy in front?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

i,m thinking there gonna head out on the motorway or else head out the direction of the six cross roads? haha totally agree with ya the ego's will be out in full swing that day should be good though am doin it meself as there supporting some very good charities

mickdw wrote: »
    Im sure my insurers would immediately invalidate my policy if I told them I was taking part regardless of how slow the drive is.
    to be fair your would wanna be blind or stupid as all cars are to be two cars length apart

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 somecreep

You taking the piss?

• Advertisement

somecreep wrote: »
    You taking the piss?

Well what speed would it be run at? It did say maximum 2 car lengths so anything over that is a failure so surely everyone will be driving very much inside that limit. Add in a few dickheads messing and you are looking for trouble.
    Im only looking at it from audis viewpoint. Say for whatever reason someone tipped the back of car in front or a clown braketested them. Audi could get dragged into claims.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

He actually has a fair point. Insurance policies would most likely not cover an accident if one were to happen as it is an organised event by audi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Who gives a shiney ****e

to be honest lads if anything like that were to happen audi would more than likely look after everything but in fairness as i said ya would wanna be stupid to end up in a crash, if it were the case then every morning people driving up the m9 would be rear ending eachother and there insurance companies would'nt pay out, i'm also sure they would have checked all this out with regards insurance before running such and event as they aint gonna risk there business by not organising an event properly or without insurance and what ever else is needed in place

if it were the case then every morning people driving up the m9 would be rear ending eachother and there insurance companies would'nt pay out.

That is wrong. If people crashed on the M9 on the way to work or w/e they'd be fine. Insurance policies do not cover you for taking part in organised events. It may seem as if the chances of crashing are small but it's a risk nonetheless. I hope things go well and there's no accident but it was a very vaild point from the other poster about insurance.

I hope it goes well for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Then youd be stupid and a bad driver

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Then youd be stupid and a bad driver

For gods sake. I was putting the question out there as it immediately occurred to me that for audi to invite people to take part in an event on the public roads, an event that encourages drivers to drive close to the guy in front is leaving them open to claims.
    Even if a careless or blind driver hits the guy in front, he would have a great case to argue against the normal rule of being responsible due to hitting from behind. He would argue that he was required to drive too close to the car in front as part of this audi event and as such he would attempt to pass his liability on to audi. Given that his normal car insurance would be invalidated by such an event, I cannot see audi escaping without bring sued should such an accident occur.
    Even the stupidest of drivers have good solicitors.
    I hope this clears up my position on this. When I first commented in this thread, people thought I was making crazy statement but surely now most can see that there is a liability there and no doubt audi have themselves well covered.
    There are other issues involved with holding such an event on a public road but tbh some are not getting the gist of what im saying here so I will leave it at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Wils110

Worried about crashing ha,you see the 964 ferraris doing it in silver stone wonder what their nerves where like

Wils110 wrote: »
    Worried about crashing ha,you see the 964 ferraris doing it in silver stone wonder what their nerves where like

No scumbags in €500 audi mid convoy there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

nice to see they are giving something to charity but at the end of the day its just a pr stunt to try & offload a few of their very overpriced motors left lying on their forecourts...

so how many on this forum are taking part on the 16th june??

I was thinking about going but only if I get to be in the middle of the convoy. Is that ok?

Not an Audi tho ;)

Yawns wrote: »
    I was thinking about going but only if I get to be in the middle of the convoy. Is that ok?
    ya should register the details are here www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=385648818220355&set=oa.364054957028358&type=1&theater

hey folks the world record attempt is taking place in waterford on 15th of sept registration starts 10.00am and leaving audi waterford at 11.30am, see audi waterfords facebook for all details on how to register

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Can i go in my BMW :D

• Advertisement

sadly no even though its a german car it just aint good enough hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Hoffmans wrote: »
    nice to see they are giving something to charity but at the end of the day its just a pr stunt to try & offload a few of their very overpriced motors left lying on their forecourts...

Beh, they are attempting a world record, I'm sure theres gonna be lots of nice old audi,s and it should be a good sight to see, and not to mention its all for a good cause, oh and in these hard economic times they might be advertising some of their cars, oh and its a world record attempt here in waterford as said already.

Advertisement