Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom salesman tells me its ok to break vodafone contract, now hit with termination

Options
  • 16-05-2013 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I switched from Vodafone to Eircom about two months ago, due to the sales guy at the door informing me i wasnt locked into Vodafone as they had broken their contract by raising some charge without notifying its customers. lo and behold i now have a termination charge of 144.41c bill from Vodafone, who informed me that the door stepper was acting fraudulently. has anybody else had this experience and advice on what i can do about it, is the vodafone guy correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I switched from Vodafone to Eircom about two months ago, due to the sales guy at the door informing me i wasnt locked into Vodafone as they had broken their contract by raising some charge without notifying its customers. lo and behold i now have a termination charge of 144.41c bill from Vodafone, who informed me that the door stepper was acting fraudulently. has anybody else had this experience and advice on what i can do about it, is the vodafone guy correct?

Hi Terence Rattigan,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I was speaking to a manager in customer care and they said that that all agents should advise ant potential customers looking to possibly move back to eircom to check the contract status with their current provider. 

If the agent did state what you outlined on the post that is incorrect.

I have sent you a PM with the process to escalate the issue.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 6 straaachan

Same thing happened to me with a bigger termination charge. When I made the complaint, they(Eircom) accepted responsibility on the phone and said that I wasn't the only customer that this had happened to. A week later the Eircom complaints department are now refusing to accept any responsibility and refuse to deal with the €400 charge on my Vodafone account which only exists because the eircom salesperson told me no termination charge would arise.
    Luckily I have learned the hard way to record all phone calls I have with the likes of Eircom and so Comreg will have an easy case to make on my behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

straaachan wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me with a bigger termination charge. When I made the complaint, they(Eircom) accepted responsibility on the phone and said that I wasn't the only customer that this had happened to. A week later the Eircom complaints department are now refusing to accept any responsibility and refuse to deal with the €400 charge on my Vodafone account which only exists because the eircom salesperson told me no termination charge would arise.
    Luckily I have learned the hard way to record all phone calls I have with the likes of Eircom and so Comreg will have an easy case to make on my behalf.

Hi straaachan

I'm very sorry to hear of this. Should you require any further information on this issue or case please feel free to contact the complaints department.
    I do hope this issue is resolved for you soon.

Best wishes

Al

Advertisement