Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get good tickets

• 16-05-2013 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, just wanted to know if anyone has had experience camping outside Ticketmaster for tickets as opposed to trying to get them online. I'm going to be in Dublin anyway so it is worth waiting all night for Ticketmaster to open, or will I probably get the same tickets on the website? (Tickets are for 1D in Croker and are for my younger sister and to be honest I want to get the best tickets possible for her). Last time I was at a gig in Croker I didn't have a problem getting tics online but One Direction seem to be another story altogether!

Any advice?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

internet is really the only way to go now unless you know of someone who works in a shop

• Registered Users Posts: 36 El Chucko

danniemcq wrote: »
    internet is really the only way to go now unless you know of someone who works in a shop

Agree. Used to know somebody on the 'inside' and even they couldn't guarantee tickets. Their sales monitors at work showed sales at a rate of knots due to Internet buyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jessica Sheehan

Ticketmaster crashes for every 1D gig but they have the same problem in the outlets too so you'd be best to do it yourself at home i'd say. That's what we're doing anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 craicmonster

Cheers guys, think I'll chance getting them online :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 briergirl

Has anyone used needaticket.ie recentely? Ive bought 1D tickets off them before I had a chance to google them. Worried now!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

briergirl wrote: »
    Has anyone used needaticket.ie recentely? Ive bought 1D tickets off them before I had a chance to google them. Worried now!!!

So you should be, heard some horror stories about that crowd

Oh no I hope I dont have any problems I have 3 under 12's who will be devasted!!!

Oh no I hope I dont have any problems I have 3 under 12's who will be devasted!!!

Chances are you won't get the tickets till the day of the gig, day before if you're VERY lucky.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i think you'd rather someone told ya

Read some of these threads

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055044491

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055563507

There are more but they're the first 2 that came up

This is post No 103 from that last thread, also about 1D tickets for when they played The O2
    skaface wrote: »
    we bought 2 tickets to one direction in the o2 dublin for the 24th of january. we bought them on the 1st of october for 80 euro each, including a 10 euro charge, when they were only 35 to buy. the website seemed fairly decent so i bought them. we were told that they would be sent out a week before the concert. we emailed them a few times to say when they would be sent out because it was my daughters birthday a week ago. we got a reply saying "the tickets will be sent out a week before the concert" we then replied saying if there was any way possible that they could be sent sooner due to the birthday to which we got no reply. we eventually got through to the office in dublin to a gearóid yesterday who said that his resources would be in contact with him today or tomorrow. we rang them this evening and were told that none of their contacts could get tickets. he offered the full refund and a 25% golden handshake, which is not good enough as we now have no tickets for the concert. we have train tickets to dublin and a hotel booked as we were sure we were getting the tickets as they were advertised on the website, if they didn't have tickets they shouldn't have advertised them. i would not recomend them to anyone. our daughter is devastated.:mad:

Thanks for the heads up. I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves. Feel sick to the stomach now!!!

• Advertisement

Oh no gutted I bought on behalf of someone also!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Thanks for the heads up. I will call them tomorrow and see what they have to say for themselves. Feel sick to the stomach now!!!

Really hope it works out for you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I thought 1D was a section of croke park there :pac:

Advertisement