Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision Final : Which pub in Cork ?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone knows what would be a good pub (ie good ambiance, preferably with an international mix - don't want to end up surrounded by Jedward fans) to watch the Eurovision Final this Saturday night, in Cork ?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Why would u want to even watch that rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Lutecia wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone knows what would be a good pub (ie good ambiance, preferably with an international mix - don't want to end up surrounded by Jedward fans) to watch the Eurovision Final this Saturday night, in Cork ?

Cheers

Well Chambers showed it before, I'd say give them a ring to check (number in link).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The Old Oak gets a fairly international crowd, don't know if they'd be into (or showing) the Eurovision though. Or, you could try any hostel bar (like An Brú on McCurtain St.), but again I don't know if they'll be showing it. As Gamayun said, maybe best to phone ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

TBH, doubt anywhere in town would have it on unless it was the likes of The Cork Arms, or some dump like that.
    Why would u want to even watch that rubbish.

Why do you care?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Gamayun wrote: »
    Well Chambers showed it before, I'd say give them a ring to check (number in link).

Yup, best advice is to check the gay bars!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

The likes of soho will definitely show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Why do you care?[/QUOTE]

I dont

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

ofcork wrote: »

Friend if mine rang up to ask, they said they have a DJ coming in at ten so will turn it off then, Counihans look like they will be showing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

But but but after ten is the on my bit worth watching... The voting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rf1980

ofcork wrote: »
    for all the tvs they have in Soho they were showing Sky Sports News reruns. Fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Think the Roundy had a Eurovision party.

The Bierhaus as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Yup, best advice is to check the gay bars!

Agree with that. All of my friends (and myself, for that matter) claim to have zero interest in The Eurovision and yet over a million people watch it every year. This implies that Eurovision-watching is a guilty pleasure and that people prefer to watch it (furtively!) in the security and anonymity of their own homes.

In general, only gay men have the self-confidence to come "out" as lovers of The Eurovision and watch it in public without caring what others think of them. You've got to admire their balls really ......

I'll get my coat.

Meh. My friends and I have had many the eurovision party over the years. And they are great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

next year checkout the high b bar it was a blast there,,,,,bbc1 mr G.N. taking the piss all night,,,great craic,,free pints also for being last

Advertisement