Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good dermatologist preferably in North County Dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2013 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello, looking for a good dermatologist in the North County Dublin area preferably, I have been referred by my doctor but given a 6-9 months of waiting list minimum to see one I am not sure I can wait that long, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hi - As far as I know you can only get to see a consultant dermatologist by referral from a GP. If you are a public patient - you will probably just be referred to the same dermatologist.

You could try asking in the Long Term Illness forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Hotchkiss

Thanks for your reply I have been a few times to my GP to finally be referred to a dermatologist the letter took about 5 weeks to get to me and just says 6-9 months waiting list and after that they will send me another letter telling me how the situation is for an appointment that's why I was wondering for a good dermatologist of course I know private because 6-9 its just an awful long time to wait when one has an actual problem its just mad.! I'll try my luck in the long term illness forum thanks again The Hill Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

We had our daughter needing to see one, not urgently, and going private quickly was even a challenge, they we're booked solid and the most expensive private consultant I had come across, €250 for initial private consult. :eek: In the end we just waited on the public appointment. Best of luck getting sorted.

Thank you eddiem74 its actually for my daughter too she breaks into this rashes all over her body for not apparent reason as her diet its still pretty simple she is 16 months old and will last for maybe two weeks and then it will clear some doctors have said it's eczema that's why I have been referred eventually to a dermatologist and others said she is allergic to something which I am going to have bloods done for that other than that she has no other symptoms she eats well, sleeps well, happy child, very active its just the rush well she does gets itchy when starts drying, its difficult to find a good doctor and a good dermatologist too, long waiting lists for everything and expensive too, sometimes I don't know what the best thing to do is, anyway I'll looking forward what the blood test for allergies will say and I'll keep looking for a dermatologist on the mint time, sorry for the long text..!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

There are no Dermatologists practicing in North County Dublin unfortunately.
    The public clinic in Temple street is very good though once you actually get seen (waiting list is quite long).
    Going private is the only way to bypass the wait unfortunately and the fee's are quite steep, 200-250 each time seems to be the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Dr Gillian Murphy http://www.materprivate.ie/consultant/dr-gillian-murphy/

I haven't attend her myself but she was highly recommended to me by a friend. I'm not sure if she sees children though.

Pipmae wrote: »
    Dr Gillian Murphy http://www.materprivate.ie/consultant/dr-gillian-murphy/

I haven't attend her myself but she was highly recommended to me by a friend. I'm not sure if she sees children though.

Thank you Pipmae, you wouldn't know by any chance if you need a referral from GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

Hotchkiss wrote: »
    Thank you Pipmae, you wouldn't know by any chance if you need a referral from GP?
    I don't know. Personally I'd phone the number and ask. Her secretary is Breda.

Pipmae wrote: »
    I don't know. Personally I'd phone the number and ask. Her secretary is Breda.

Great, thanks a lot Pipmae I'll definitely will

Advertisement