Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet postponing my Fatpipe fibre launch

• 16-05-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

I contacted Magnet Sales one month ago, and was gladly promised the fibre connection at the end of may.. Received the equipment and the normal BB connection, that is suffering from congestion at the night time (getting around 3mb/s in after 8pm,13 mb/s before that).

They tried to investigate it, but then just gave up and told that it is an congestion issue, that shouldnt exist.. Ok, it was fine for me, because there was only couple of weeks when i would be upgraded to the fibre.. NOT..Also the BB was down several days because of configuration error of their side, where they first tried to blame my internal wiring and asking me to hire an electrician..

Received an email today,that unfortunatly im not going the get upgraded, since the launch has been delayed, and they cannot give me def. answer for installation date.

Im furious at this point, i already cancelled UPC that was only able to deliver 25 mb/s BB here, and now im stuck in 13mb/s at best BB.

They told me that i can cancel for free if i want, but im still annoyed!

This has been taken so much my time returning modems, calls with tech.support/sales etc, and now they just simply tell me that i cant upgrade at the moment..

:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭PhilMcGee

That doesnt give me any confidence with Magnet at all.
    Im currently trying to figure out who to get fiber from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

PhilMcGee wrote: »

Hi I wonder if you get fibre could you let me know how you find it works!?😊

Thks
    Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

PhilMcGee wrote: »

Are they all not in the same boat? Its EIRCOM that screwed up, not magnet... Vodafone will have the same problem, i am guessing... Eircom screwed the pooch... anyway, it was still silly moving from a working UPC connection... UPC broadband in the hand is worth 2 Eircom connections in the bush...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

lotas wrote: »
    UPC broadband in the hand is worth 2 Eircom connections in the bush...

:P

Advertisement