Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lobster restaurant Dublin

Options
  • 16-05-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Myself and my significant other are looking to try lobster for the first time dining out. Have read reports about the lobster pot restaurant in Ballsbridge but doesn't really float my boat so I'm hoping somebody might suggest some alternatives.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Hearing really good things about Rock Lobster in Donnybrook but haven't had the chance to go there myself!

http://rocklobster.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 34 peble

Love lobster if its cooked right ,have to try this place in Donnybrook that you suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

YumCha wrote: »
    Hearing really good things about Rock Lobster in Donnybrook but haven't had the chance to go there myself!

http://rocklobster.ie/

Yes, I read a review of that place in the Times Weekend supplement a few weeks back and added it to the "must try" list. The review was quite positive.

Try Wrights of Howth. Haven't been there myself, but I hear it is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

For lobster head to Howth. If it is your first time to try this magnificent delicacy do it by the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I can vouch for Rock Lobster, I've been there a couple of times. Food is excellent, service is great and the prices are extremely reasonable.

They also do the best burger I've ever had in Dublin, and I take my burgers very seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Lord Edward Seafood restaurant near Christchurch.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭GastroBoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Rock Lobster is a great restaurant. The steaks are fantastic. Aged for up to 55 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

GastroBoy wrote: »

I was just about to mention that deal. Two lobster rolls with sides & drink at lunch for €26 is good value.

I'd definitely recommend Rock Lobster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

They always have Irish lobster, fresh and live, but as you said, it's far more expensive.

For a first timer, tbh, I'd be recommending the cheaper Canadian option. A fresh Irish lobster is a very expensive dish to realise that you don't actually like.

Try the imported lobster and if you like it, order native the next time. If you don't like it, you're only down 20 quid instead of 50 or 60.

Yes, obviously it's far preferable to go for the local option, but in a blind taste test, very few people are going to be able to taste the difference, tbh. It's more of an ethical choice than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

The Cliff Townhouse are doing a Lobster themed month of June, you just know that that will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

I can also say that Rock Lobster is well worth a visit!!

I like some lobster but I wouldn't eat a whole one, my OH got a lovely Canadian one when we went, super sweet and tasty.

I just had lobster on toast with a poached egg for my starter and it blew my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Emilymurp

Rock Lobster is great! Well worth a visit.

Advertisement