Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due an upgrade. So what should be my next phone?

Options
  • 16-05-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

So I'm on Three, with a Samsung Galaxy S2, €40 a month, all you can eat data, 300 odd units and so on. My bills rarely go higher than €40 and I use a lot of data. A woman from Three called me today and said I'm due an upgrade. I already knew this and told her that my S2 is working fine (which it is, recently upgraded to Jelly Bean and it's flying) and that I am not in any rush to move to a new phone. I said that I am more than likely going to upgrade to the S4 but I am waiting to see what else might come out this year. She said that if I did wish to upgrade to the S4 today that my monthly bill would stay the same, I would have to sign up to a new 24 month contract and pay a one-off fee upfront of €89. I said that I expected a free upgrade to the S4, I was then put on hold for a moment and (as I expected) when she returned she said that they could upgrade me to the S4 today for free. I said thanks but I'll hold off for a few months and see what's coming down the tracks.

So there you have it. Like I said I will probably go with the S4 but there are other phones out there. The HTC One looks (and sounds) awesome but the inability to increase storage puts me off. There will be a new Galaxy Note from Samsung later this year and I'm waiting to see what it's like. That's the one phone that might stop me from getting the S4. I'm curious too to see what Apple do with the new iPhone (also due out later this year) but it would have to be amazing for me to even consider leaving Android. The Windows phones do not interest me at all.

So, what do youse think? Are there any other phones out there or due soon that I should be looking at?

Advertisement