Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Great to see Zach McGowan in the show.He is fantastic as Vane in Black Sails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I thought that episode was a mish mash of nonsense.

Jasper acting a twat throughout, pure telegraphed that he was going to balls up the rules of engagement on their wee sail out. Octavia slabbering on to Hollyoaks dude about how he'll never be one of 'them' when she has went from being one of 'them' to whatever she thinks she is now, wtf?

Plenty of other stupid crap going on, just seems to have continued from the previous series. Not good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The 100 is a mish mash of teen scifi concepts so has always been a bit uneven. The murphy and jaha storyline is good but the ice nation just seem too similar to the grounders. The use of music was a bit jarring and monty angsting in every scene was a bit repetitive but im hoping it improves next week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

****. I didn't realise this was back already. Must have got my dates mixed up. This thread has stopped popping up in my notifications too.

Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow now.

Right... bit of a mixed bag.

I could be wrong but it feels a little like there may be some outside interference? The first scene back at the Ark was two hunky guys half naked and sweating. I immediately thought "this is more like The CW I remember!" which although enjoyable is the exact opposite of what made the show good.
    Also Billy Popstar randomly being there to play a song. Was that to ensure all the tween girls tuned in to the premiere?

I guess it will take a few episodes to set things in motion. The end of S1 pretty much set up the Mount Weather arc for S2 but other than Clarke leaving and the OH SO BORING Jaha/Murphy thing at the end of S2 there wasn't much ground work done for S3.

What happened between Lincoln and Octavia? I can't remember. I have a vague memory of her pretty much disowning the Ark people and deciding she was a straight up Grounder now but why is she so pissed at Lincoln?

Also why/how does Clarke have red hair?

Also... just let Jasper die. Save everyone a lot of time and effort.

• Advertisement

Right... bit of a mixed bag.

I could be wrong but it feels a little like there may be some outside interference? The first scene back at the Ark was two hunky guys half naked and sweating. I immediately thought "this is more like The CW I remember!" which although enjoyable is the exact opposite of what made the show good.
    Also Billy Popstar randomly being there to play a song. Was that to ensure all the tween girls tuned in to the premiere?

I guess it will take a few episodes to set things in motion. The end of S1 pretty much set up the Mount Weather arc for S2 but other than Clarke leaving and the OH SO BORING Jaha/Murphy thing at the end of S2 there wasn't much ground work done for S3.

What happened between Lincoln and Octavia? I can't remember. I have a vague memory of her pretty much disowning the Ark people and deciding she was a straight up Grounder now but why is she so pissed at Lincoln?

Also why/how does Clarke have red hair?

Also... just let Jasper die. Save everyone a lot of time and effort.

Shr died her hair because there's a bounty on her.

Yeah that makes sense. I think she was the only blonde on the show. The grounders have much darker features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I enjoyed it but a very tame episode full of cliches.

What made the show great was the fact that it went dark places that were wholly unexpected. I can't remember how many times in the previous season it totally surprised me with the direction it took.

This premiere felt very safe and by the numbers, which is a little disappointing.

Also, that sex scene was outrageously awkward and unnecessary.

Some of the dialogue was a bit clunky too. Particularly the line about removing contraceptive coils. I guess we'll be seeing babies at some point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Any guesses how the jeep was fuelled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Such a good return, so much happening since we last saw them.

Bellamy has a girlfriend now - did anyone catch her name?

And Miller's Boyfriend was on Farm Station. Had it been metioned in season 1 or 2 that Miller is gay? I don't think so, but I like the way they don't make a huge deal out of people's sexuality on the show - that no one is defined by their sexual preference.
    when will they show a gay sex scene?

when will they show a gay sex scene?

They have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

They have.

by gay I mean man and man?

Much better episode this week, although putting yer one's name up at the start kind of ruined the ending a bit.

These new Farm Station people are obviously going to be trouble, as is Abby opening up Mt Weather without even consulting the Grounder leaders.

I can only assume Indra didn't know that the bounty hunter that had Clarke was working for Lexa? Otherwise why bother running around with the Ark people trying to protect her? Maybe Lexa was just taking all possible options available to get her.

Why, oh why, do they keep bringing Jasper with them on missions when he's a liability? Granted he didn't do anything this week but they were all clearly worried that he would. Leave him at home to rot, I say.

p.s. Still HATE the Jaha nonsense. Who effing cares about it.

p.p.s. Did Clarke's wig fall off in the water, or were we supposed to believe the water washed the dye out?

p.p.p.s SPIT IN THAT BITCHES FACE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The City of Light stuff is really confusing so far and Jaha has always been my least favourite character so that stuff is a bit meh, but everything else is great. Loving all the new recurring characters this season.

I had assumed the "dye" in Clarke's hair was blood and dirt, which would explain why it washed away as easily. I'm not complaining anyway - wasn't a fan of the red-head Clarke look.

I had assumed the "dye" in Clarke's hair was blood and dirt, which would explain why it washed away as easily. I'm not complaining anyway - wasn't a fan of the red-head Clarke look.

Yeah, I'm glad it's gone, I just wondered where she'd have gotten a wig from :D It had a bit of a purple hue to it so I thought it was dye, but then again... where would she have gotten dye from? She was just living life as a dirty bitch since we saw her last.

Did they say last week how long has passed since the end of S2? I can't remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, I'm glad it's gone, I just wondered where she'd have gotten a wig from :D It had a bit of a purple hue to it so I thought it was dye, but then again... where would she have gotten dye from? She was just living life as a dirty bitch since we saw her last.

Did they say last week how long has passed since the end of S2? I can't remember.

Well Murphy was locked in the lighthouse for 84 days, so it's been about 3 months since they end of season 2.

Well Murphy was locked in the lighthouse for 84 days, so it's been about 3 months since they end of season 2.

Ah yes, I knew there was some mention of time, couldn't remember it though.

Really enjoyable second episode. Jaha side of thr story is getting very strange. Is the city of light supposed to be like the matrix. Thought the acting and dialogue was also much better this episode apart from Clarke shouting about being the commander of death
    That was just funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The real star of the show Clarke's chest needs to be more to the forefront of the show this season for me.

Yeah there was no reason at all to bring Jasper back to the mountain. Unless it was Abby trying to get him to confront his feelings.
    Good to see Lexa back... for storyline purposes, of course.
    Vane is clearly as tough in the future as he is in the past.
    Just noticed in the opening credits that it shows a oil drilling platform which I don't think it showed before. Wonder if it means we'll be taken there soon.

Anyone else wonder how everyone is now fluent in English?
    And the farm station does strike me as ones who are going to cause trouble with the grounders. Though I don't believe the story of Monty's father's death.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Anyone else wonder how everyone is now fluent in English?

In season 1, Lincoln told Octavia that Grounder Warriors all speak English, it's the regular villagers don't necessarily speak English, but that isn't to say that they can't. It's probably safe to assume, that traders also speak English, which would make sense. All the characters our guys interact with are either Warriors or Traders, so why wouldn't they speak English?

Must've forgotten that part. I just seem to remember them having to overcome the language barrier at one point. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up with other shows.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Must've forgotten that part. I just seem to remember them having to overcome the language barrier at one point. Or maybe I'm getting mixed up with other shows.

As far as I remember they could always speak English, just some of them chose not to.

If you think about it too much it doesn't really make sense that a new language would evolve if all the different tribes speak English anyway. A bit like how everyone on The Ark developed an American accent despite being made up of space stations from different countries.

The thick plottens!

Episodes are infinitely better when they completely ignore Jaha and Murphy and that whole thing.

Great twist having the assassin inside the mountain instead of in the city. Poor Bellamy, Whatshername got shanked and then exploded and then Clarke decided to stay at the big gay wedding instead of coming home.

Who was the Mountain Man that was still alive? Is he the guy Clarke sent back to the Mountain with a message and only half a tank of air?

Oh yes, it's all going to get pretty epic from here on in - we've a war to look forward to.
    We didn't really know Gina, so I'm not too cut up about her death, but for a few minutes there I thought Raven and/or Sinclair were screwed, so I'm just glad they got out of there.
    Kane is such a legend. I hated him in Season 1, he completely redeemed himself in Season 2, and now I reckon he's my favourite character....
    Who was the Mountain Man that was still alive? Is he the guy Clarke sent back to the Mountain with a message and only half a tank of air?

Yeah that's the one. Emerson is his name. Himself and Cage were the only two who weren't killed when Mt. Weather was flooded, since it was only the two of them and Dante who had finished their bone marrow treatment if I remember correctly.

I wonder if Cage is still alive out there somewhere - last we saw of him was when Lincoln chopped off his hand and injected him with the Reaper Drug. It's probably safe to assume he didn't last long in that condition, but it'd be interesting to see him pop up again at some point.

Just to clarify.... was Lexa bowing to Clarke at the end her giving control over to Clarke? Like Lexa has to continue being the public face of the coalition but really Clarke is in charge? Or was it just her swearing she wouldn't betray Clarke again?

Just to clarify.... was Lexa bowing to Clarke at the end her giving control over to Clarke? Like Lexa has to continue being the public face of the coalition but really Clarke is in charge? Or was it just her swearing she wouldn't betray Clarke again?

I read it as a sign of faith, that Clarke could trust her.

• Advertisement

I read it as a sign of faith, that Clarke could trust her.

I thought she was proposing for a second ;)

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Advertisement