Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah definitely agree that that looked like a proposal! Wasn't sure if this is an indication Lexa is sick and she wants to identify her successor. She did nearly lose in a stickfight to a little kid. The Mt weather stuff was a bit ridiculous- they should have had better security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For someone who's living like a grounder and sleeping rough every night, Octavia looks really well kept.

Great episode again. Improved by a lack of Jaha. Though wasn't Lincoln's friend in Mount Weather as well?

And probably wasn't a great idea to have the farm station in there anyway. Giving the ones who clearly hate the grounders access to missiles? 63 farm station survivors before this week and 34 apparently killed in Mount Weather.

Had to laugh at the 100's form of swearing with "Go float yourself!", which was actually said fast enough to mishear it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the 100's form of swearing with "Go float yourself!", which was actually said fast enough to mishear it.

They used to say it a lot in the early episodes, didn't they? Haven't heard it for a whole though, made me smile.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ghostchips

Anyone cop that in the last scene with Queen Nia of Ice Nation, the people who were present looked an awful lot like the clan delegates who has been in the tower with Lexa earlier on in the day? It looks like Lexa's in big trouble if that's the case....
    It struck me as odd in last week's episode that Roan said he had paid off the guards so that Clarke could kill Lexa. All seemed very easy. Made me wonder if the Commander really had as much power and loyalty as she/we thought. This week only confirmed my fears. Pity, as she's a great character portrayed brilliantly by Alycia Debnam Carey. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

ghostchips wrote: »
    Anyone cop that in the last scene with Queen Nia of Ice Nation, the people who were present looked an awful lot like the clan delegates who has been in the tower with Lexa earlier on in the day? It looks like Lexa's in big trouble if that's the case....
    It struck me as odd in last week's episode that Roan said he had paid off the guards so that Clarke could kill Lexa. All seemed very easy. Made me wonder if the Commander really had as much power and loyalty as she/we thought. This week only confirmed my fears. Pity, as she's a great character portrayed brilliantly by Alycia Debnam Carey. Hope I'm wrong.

Yeah ,it was them alright.

• Advertisement

It was the ice nation delegates though, not all the delegates from all the clans, right?

No, from the 12 clans afaik :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

girlfriend character was awful just there to look loving and be killed

girlfriend character was awful just there to look loving and be killed

Pretty much. I did think it seemed a bit odd to give one of the main characters a love interest off screen and then have her be quite bland too. I don't even know that it will have any believable impact on Bellamy either as we hardly knew her and they had like 2 scenes together. Did we even know her name until just before she was killed?

I wonder is it a deliberate decision to keep Bellamy and Clarke apart on screen too. Some fans of the show were/are pretty obsessed with them and seemed in the first season to be completely ignoring all the great stuff that was going on in the show, even the actual character development stuff going on with Bellamy and Clarke themselves.

Last season they were apart for the first half of the season and then almost as soon as Clarke got out of Mt Weather they sent Bellamy in as a spy and then Clarke leaves. This season they find her almost imidiately and then she decides to stay in Polis almost driving a wedge between herself and Bellamy.

Perhaps it's just necessary for good story telling. If you want multiple strands going on at once you need compelling characters leading each strand. That's why Jaha and all that nonsense doesn't work for me. The characters involved there are useless.

It's a shame though as I really enjoyed the dynamic Clarke and Bellamy had going on, in a completely non romantic way, and how they had gone from hating one another to being almost dependant on one another. Now they barely share any screen time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Really sticks it to the shippers doesn't it? All the 12 year olds crying into their pillows. And Richard Dower. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Kirby wrote: »
    Really sticks it to the shippers doesn't it? All the 12 year olds crying into their pillows. And Richard Dower. :P

lol. Whatever happened to that guy...

lol. Whatever happened to that guy...

Permanent ban for racking up too many smaller bans.

I don't remember him being that bad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He was obnoxious at times but this place was better with him in it. He had news about new shows and I always appreciated that even if I didn't watch them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For a second I thought you were on about Richard Harmon from the show. Never thought I'd say this about Murphy, but he's the only one keeping me any way interested in the Jaha storyline.

Well that and having Erica Cerra (ah, Jo) onscreen.

Kirby wrote: »
    no it doesn't? they are both single now

no it doesn't? they are both single now

Think they were referring to my post about keeping them apart on screen so much?

Think they were referring to my post about keeping them apart on screen so much?
    ah but the key to shipping is keeping characters apart

I can't post the link but a new 2 min sneak peek of Lexa v Roan fight scene has been released. Looks great, quite Game of Thrones-esque

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

I just don't get why everyone loves Lexa. She keeps making crap decisions - did she not cop that maybe letting the Mountain Men live might damage the alliance of the 12 clans? No wonder she's in trouble with the Ice Nation. I don't get why Clarke trusts her. Won't she just betray her again? I don't like ADC's acting either. She's too blank. You can't see any emotion in her.
    I really don't like the show's attitude to race either. Bellamy is Clarke's co-leader but he keeps getting pushed out of the way in favour of Lexa. People keep going on about Clarke being Wanheda... but didn't Monty and Bellamy play a part in the massacre too?
    I also hate how orange they make ADC and Eliza Taylor for the grounder scenes. It makes me so uncomfortable. If you wanted them to be so dark, why did you cast white actresses? Being a person of color isn't something you can take on and off.
    I really don't like how they keep pushing Clarke into romances. She literally killed her first boyfriend three months ago. The last person she kissed back stabbed her for no good reason. She needs to get her head on straight before she commits to someone.
    Also: please leave Raven alone. Give the girl a break! I don't get why they keep hurting her.
    I used to love this show but I'm beginning to see its faults. I love the Blake stuff but that's about it. The stuff the show runners and the fandom say make me uncomfortable. I really hope season 3 picks up soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was an absolutely amazing 42 minutes of television. On a par, if not better, than the very best episodes of Game Of Thrones. I can't wait for next week.

• Advertisement

That was an absolutely amazing 42 minutes of television. On a par, if not better, than the very best episodes of Game Of Thrones. I can't wait for next week.

And here was me thinking Ooooh, this has gone a bit too GOT for my liking.

I don't know how to feel about Bellamy's political swing there. I can't think it's just about Gina, because a) that's pretty much copying Finn's meltdown and b) she was on screen for all of about 2 minutes. I can't believe they'd short change his character like that.
    I can buy it if it's supposed to feed into his guilt about killing all the people in Mt Weather last year. That was kind of Lexa and co's fault for abandoning their plan and then he feels responsible again for the Farm Station deaths, coupled with Clarke just kind of just running off to deal with her guilt and he was left alone to try and deal with it. Then they all risk their lives again for Clarke and she stays in Polis instead of coming home.
    I kept hoping when they were setting off with the guns that Bellamy was undercover or something, still could be the case, but I'm not so sure. I find it hard to believe he'd just go out there and mow people down with a machine gun for no reason?

Pike winning the election was fairly obvious from the minute they decided last week to have one and just assumed they'd pass it from Abby to Kane. Idiots.

Were Lexa and Roan in on killing the Queen together or was it a spur of the moment decision from Lexa? He seemed pretty okay with Clarke doing it earlier so I can see him making the same deal with Lexa.

Nice to see yet another former Australian soap star pop up as the one with the weird blood. I thought they'd run out of them there for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Jeez, you're easy pleased lol. This show and that episode are just above the car crash that was Under the Dome, to say that it's on par with Game of Thrones is absurd imo.

Jasper, still really annoying and a waste of screen time. Somebody kill him and get it over with.

The 'stand off' between Lincoln and the hit squad was embarrassing, Lincoln's two 'friends' weren't long in backing down then everyone else appeared as soon as the call was made over the p.a. system.

The way yer man just suggested Pike should be in the ballot paper was as clumsy as you could get, the ensuing chant was laughable.

No Jaha again, good, enough said.

Liamalone wrote: »
    Jeez, you're easy pleased lol. This show and that episode are just above the car crash that was Under the Dome, to say that it's on par with Game of Thrones is absurd imo.

Jasper, still really annoying and a waste of screen time. Somebody kill him and get it over with.

The 'stand off' between Lincoln and the hit squad was embarrassing, Lincoln's two 'friends' weren't long in backing down then everyone else appeared as soon as the call was made over the p.a. system.

The way yer man just suggested Pike should be in the ballot paper was as clumsy as you could get, the ensuing chant was laughable.

No Jaha again, good, enough said.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinions but I'm surprised it took 3 seasons for this thread to get a regular "this show is ****, but I feel the need to watch and tell everyone it's ****" poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Obviously you're entitled to your opinions but I'm surprised it took 3 seasons for this thread to get a regular "this show is ****, but I feel the need to watch and tell everyone it's ****" poster.

Obviously I am :)

Liamalone wrote: »

Generally when I've invested 3 seasons in a show, yeah I am easily pleased when they do a great episode.

If I don't like a show, I tend to give up after a few episodes if not half way through the first episode, so it's safe to assume that the majority of my posts on boards will be positive in nature. I know, it's increasingly popular to post about how s**t everything is and how everyone who likes said s**t is an idiot, but that's just not how I choose to waste my energy.

Oh, the internet... :rolleyes:

And yes, if I bother to post a comment on YouTube, it will be a positive one commending someone on a good job - I guess I'm just weird because I like liking stuff, alright? Now get off my back!!!! ;)

Who was playing the Queen of the Ice Nation? It was only when she was dead I thought she looked familiar, can't think of who she is though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I didn't think the latest episode was that good to be honest. The Grounder or Ark politics is just not that interesting to me. Lexa's fight was not bad but really the rest of the episode was a bit boring. It is pity they got rid of the Mt weather since there was an opportunity for a rogue element of the Arkers to take it over and threaten the grounders. Only consistent good part of the season has been the introduction of Roan, he's a very interesting character.

I didn't think the latest episode was that good to be honest. The Grounder or Ark politics is just not that interesting to me. Lexa's fight was not bad but really the rest of the episode was a bit boring. It is pity they got rid of the Mt weather since there was an opportunity for a rogue element of the Arkers to take it over and threaten the grounders. Only consistent good part of the season has been the introduction of Roan, he's a very interesting character.

But they've taken over Arkadia and threatened the Grounders. Would it make any difference if they were in Mt Weather while doing it?

Another good episode.

Jaha stuff is still a pain in the hole but at least he's been incorporated into the main cast again. Not real happy about Raven being dragged into it but maybe she'll make it more interesting. At the moment I'm thinking when they take the tablets their consciousness is somehow uploaded into Jaha's backpack thingy so they all continue to exist in the "city of light" after they die but really they're still dead. Maybe I'm way off the mark there.

LOVED the Bellamy and Clarke scene. So glad they gave Bellamy a proper reason to change so drastically and Clarke needed that telling off, she really did. I was worried they were going to have it just be about Whatshername dying in the explosion but thankfully the writers are better than that. It's been building up in Bellamy for a while, he keeps making these difficult decisions that eat at him and in the end people still end up dead and then Clarke just runs off and leaves him to deal with it on his own and apparently she still expected him to be running things while she's off sexing up half the forest!

If I were Lexa I'd demand Pike, the way they did with Finn, and then I'd demand they put Kane back in charge and then I'd leave them alone. Simples.

• Advertisement

Michael Beach is a great actor, but Pyke is such a dick, coming in and s**ting all over everything Clarke, Octavia and Kane have achieved with the Grounders, and I really feel like nobody is safe right now. He also turned Bellamy into a dick as well, which is not cool. But as you say TICKLE_ME_ELMO, it did lead to that great scene between Bellamy and Clarke and at least we know Bellamy's reasoning... I'm still not happy he seems to have gone over to the darkside though...

I am however happy to see that Miller is working with the good guys - his loyalty was always to Bellamy in Season 1 and because he was locked up in Mt Weather for all of Season 2, it was hard to call which side he'd come down on. I'm hoping Harper and Monroe also fall in line with the good guys. Then of course, there's Monty & Jasper - I wonder if Monty will take his mother's side or stick with Clarke? Unfortunately, I see Jasper going down the same route as Bellamy, since they're in similar situations, having lost their significant others...

I'm sure the City of Light thing is certainly going somewhere, but I just have no idea where... Right now it seems really vague and I'm struggling with the concept - so they eat the chip and then see whatsherface? How does that work? I think we'll begin understanding it better now that Raven is involved in that storyline, or perhaps we'll get some answers from whoever Murphy is being brought to...

Advertisement