Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Im starting to get a Battlestar Galactica/Caprica vibe from The 100. The city of light looks like some VR city and some people are seeing an AI in a red dress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I'd say the people who have died and have taken the tablet have a VR version of themselves uploaded to the city of light to trick the other followers that this is some sort of eternal life. They had to get Raven involved sine she really has had no storyline this season apart from suffering with her injury., which is also the storyline she had last year.
    Bellamy has become a dick now. I can't see how the grounders could let him live, or any of the others that massacred their people. The arkers may have the weapons but don't how a large army.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Im starting to get a Battlestar Galactica/Caprica vibe from The 100. The city of light looks like some VR city and some people are seeing an AI in a red dress.

Thought the same whole range of similarities

A few here

AI only some people can see her.

ALIE = number six CYLON (both beautiful women in red dresses)

Chip with infinity sign = Soldiers of the One infinity sign in Caprica

Both AI that had destroyed humanity with nukes

City of light = V-world

Little is known about A.L.I.E., other than that she was developed to be an intelligent hologram. She was involved with the nuclear war and the end of the world, viewing her actions as saving the world rather than destroying it

http://the100.wikia.com/wiki/A.L.I.E.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Who was playing the Queen of the Ice Nation? It was only when she was dead I thought she looked familiar, can't think of who she is though?

You may remember her from Desperate Housewives/Dallas - Brenda Strong

Someone in a red dress, convincing people to do their bidding, reminds me of Melisandre in GOT, although it would be weird to have an AI there ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I get the comparisons but this ALIE wan is no Six. Tricia Helfer simply oozed sex appeal and used that to control Baltar. ALIE just seems irritating.

And how will she control people? Raven is the only one who can be seduced by her and that's because of her leg. What will they use to convince the hundreds of other ark people? None of them have bum legs. It just doesn't make any sense to be honest. I'm glad Pike, Abby and Kane all gave Jaha the "This guy is nutz" look. Anybody with an ounce of sense would come to the same conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least Lexa pointed out that the people who voted for Pike are just as bad as Pike.

I think the tablets Raven and co take contain nanobots connected to a central server and also able to repair wounds, which is what is happening with Raven's leg. Though why the grounders recognise the symbol, I don't know.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Kirby wrote: »
    I get the comparisons but this ALIE wan is no Six. Tricia Helfer simply oozed sex appeal and used that to control Baltar. ALIE just seems irritating.

And how will she control people? Raven is the only one who can be seduced by her and that's because of her leg. What will they use to convince the hundreds of other ark people? None of them have bum legs. It just doesn't make any sense to be honest. I'm glad Pike, Abby and Kane all gave Jaha the "This guy is nutz" look. Anybody with an ounce of sense would come to the same conclusion.

They're going to suck Jasper in too. It's not just physical pain they're after.

I'm hoping Jasper has hit rock bottom and will now become useful to someone. I don't want to see Jaha having a religious uprising, though it seems that's the way it's going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

CastorTroy wrote: »
    At least Lexa pointed out that the people who voted for Pike are just as bad as Pike.

I think the tablets Raven and co take contain nanobots connected to a central server and also able to repair wounds, which is what is happening with Raven's leg. Though why the grounders recognise the symbol, I don't know.

My theory is that it just blocked her pain receptors rather then actually fixing her leg .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That's essentially the same thing.

People with knee injuries are still capable of doing physical activites. It's the pain that stops them. If you don't feel the pain, you can walk and run fine...... even if you have a peculiar gait.

So obviously if the pill stops working, the pain comes back coz her leg isn't fixed. But while its doing its job, she can go back to going on runs or whatever it is she missed so much. :p

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    That's essentially the same thing.

People with knee injuries are still capable of doing physical activites. It's the pain that stops them. If you don't feel the pain, you can walk and run fine...... even if you have a peculiar gait.

So obviously if the pill stops working, the pain comes back coz her leg isn't fixed. But while its doing its job, she can go back to going on runs or whatever it is she missed so much. :p

That's basically how painkillers work. You take a strong enough one you can't feel the pain and think your leg, or whatever, is fine and end up doing more damage.

Also, did anyone else get Keyser Soze vibes with Raven at the end?

tumblr_mk18kcNmMZ1s76u1ho1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The City of Light has gotten more interesting now that there's more characters involved in that storyline. Still not entirely sure where they're headed with it, but it's taking form anyway.

RIP Monroe. She was one of the original 100 - biggest death of the season so far in my opinion, although it's unlikely she'll ever be mentioned again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Finally caught up with the show. Despite some supidness... Have to say it is a great season so far. Love Roan, love the way I hate pike and find myself cursing him when I see him on screen, but he is a brilliant bad guy.

Jaba, though, urgh, not mad on the protrayal of his messiah coverting priest type, but that is what I love about The 100, it is not predictable. It get you yelling at the tv, it get you hooked in.

I like Lexia. However, I don't find that "blood will not have blood" line to be credible as that completely against her character, she should be more pissed off at the death of her army. Sadly I don't think she is going to survive much longer as I think she is alienating all her supporters.

I just love how how everyone is just basically backstabbing everyone whenever they get the chance :Pac:. and out for themselves only. It got to be the most deliciously evil backstabbing show I have ever seen. Desperate Housewives has nothing on these guys.

Long live the backstabbing. To be honest, I honestly can't think of one person who hasn't backstabbed somebody at some point on the show...

If they take Bellamy's new attitude in the direction they seem to be, direct conflict with Octavia, I'm totally on board. Their relationship has always been my favourite on the show and it looks like it's about to be seriously tested.

I don't know how I feel about the Clarke/Lexa stuff. On the one hand it's quite interesting from a political point of view but at the same time they seem to have been having the same conversation for the lat 5 episodes.

I did not see the City Of Light stuff being tied in to the Grounders too. It dragged on so long with just Jaha that I never thought it could be even vaguely interesting.

Just to be clear... there were 13 space stations and they blew one of them up as a way to force the other 12 to join together to form the Ark? How many clans are there again? 12 and Skaikru make 13? I'm not sure where they're going with that... are some of the Grounders descendants of the 13th station? Or did they just find the wreckage at some point?

How Australian does Lexa sound when she's angry :D

If they take Bellamy's new attitude in the direction they seem to be, direct conflict with Octavia, I'm totally on board. Their relationship has always been my favourite on the show and it looks like it's about to be seriously tested.

I don't know how I feel about the Clarke/Lexa stuff. On the one hand it's quite interesting from a political point of view but at the same time they seem to have been having the same conversation for the lat 5 episodes.

I did not see the City Of Light stuff being tied in to the Grounders too. It dragged on so long with just Jaha that I never thought it could be even vaguely interesting.

Just to be clear... there were 13 space stations and they blew one of them up as a way to force the other 12 to join together to form the Ark? How many clans are there again? 12 and Skaikru make 13? I'm not sure where they're going with that... are some of the Grounders descendants of the 13th station? Or did they just find the wreckage at some point?
    I think it was only a small pod that was dropped from Polaris so doubt the grounders are them. I do think whoever was in the pod messed with the grounders. When Murphy is being beaten (again) there is a painting behind Titus of what looks like a woman leaving the pod. Lexa also said the previous commanders talk to her, could the second AI have created her own city of light?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Even though we only had 3 of the main cast this week (Clarke, Octavia & Murphy), I thought that was a solid episode in regards to furthering the backstory of the AI and setting up what's gonna fall out over the next few episodes.
    I saw the death coming, since Alycia Debnam-Carey is a main cast member in Fear The Walking Dead, but it was certainly well executed.

Even though we only had 3 of the main cast this week (Clarke, Octavia & Murphy), I thought that was a solid episode in regards to furthering the backstory of the AI and setting up what's gonna fall out over the next few episodes.
    I saw the death coming, since Alycia Debnam-Carey is a main cast member in Fear The Walking Dead, but it was certainly well executed.

I thought that she wouldn't appear in this series at all because of that other show but then when she featured so much I thought maybe she was juggling the two or something. Obviously not. I can just imagine certain sections of the internet losing their minds over that whole episode :D

I have to say I was really starting to find the Clarke in Polis story line a bit boring. It was almost the same scene over and over. Grounders call for vengeance, Clarke persuades Lexa to say no, Grounders are angry, lather, rinse, repeat. No idea what's going to happen now but I have to say they've done an incredible job of connecting all the different stories together.

In real life Bob Morley (Bellamy) has an infinity sign tattooed on his wrist. I wonder if they're going to use that for this new commander story? The spirit of Lexa chooses Bellamy to take over, Titus would love that :D

It's a pretty brave move to cut out 80% of the cast for a whole episode but it worked. I suppose with the flashbacks and the reveal about the connection between them all and then Lexa biting it they had to give enough time to all of that. I liked Lexa but I wasn't really feeling the whole Clarke/Lexa thing so I wasn't super sad that she died but Clarke should really stop having sex with people. NO GOOD CAN COME OF IT!

I thought that she wouldn't appear in this series at all because of that other show but then when she featured so much I thought maybe she was juggling the two or something. Obviously not. I can just imagine certain sections of the internet losing their minds over that whole episode :D

I have to say I was really starting to find the Clarke in Polis story line a bit boring. It was almost the same scene over and over. Grounders call for vengeance, Clarke persuades Lexa to say no, Grounders are angry, lather, rinse, repeat. No idea what's going to happen now but I have to say they've done an incredible job of connecting all the different stories together.

In real life Bob Morley (Bellamy) has an infinity sign tattooed on his wrist. I wonder if they're going to use that for this new commander story? The spirit of Lexa chooses Bellamy to take over, Titus would love that :D

It's a pretty brave move to cut out 80% of the cast for a whole episode but it worked. I suppose with the flashbacks and the reveal about the connection between them all and then Lexa biting it they had to give enough time to all of that. I liked Lexa but I wasn't really feeling the whole Clarke/Lexa thing so I wasn't super sad that she died but Clarke should really stop having sex with people. NO GOOD CAN COME OF IT!

It depends on which characters they focus on when they cut out the rest of the cast for an episode. At least with Clarke, Octavia and Murphy, you've got three of your strongest cast members (for me those 3 plus Kane and Lincoln make up my top 5 favourite characters), but if they'd only had say Jaha, Monty and Jasper in the episode it'd be a pretty awful move.

I know that because of the filming schedules for The 100 and Fear The Walking Dead, Debnam-Carey was free to film the first half of the season of The 100, and because of increased episode order for Season 2 of Fear, I figured they'd probably kill her off next week at the latest.

Again have to give it up for the supporting cast - I was never a huge Lexa fan, but the actress did a great job. Neil Sandilands as Titus has been great all season, and I really warmed to Erica Cerra in the Polaris flashbacks - I'd like to see more of that story, it may make me enjoy Ali a bit more in the current timeline. I'm also happy to see Indra seemingly back on form by the end of the episode - I hope they keep Adina Porter on contract as long as possible, maybe even bump her up to main cast, because Indra's interactions with Octavia and Kane are always great.

It depends on which characters they focus on when they cut out the rest of the cast for an episode. At least with Clarke, Octavia and Murphy, you've got three of your strongest cast members (for me those 3 plus Kane and Lincoln make up my top 5 favourite characters), but if they'd only had say Jaha, Monty and Jasper in the episode it'd be a pretty awful move.

Again have to give it up for the supporting cast - I was never a huge Lexa fan, but the actress did a great job. Neil Sandilands as Titus has been great all season, and I really warmed to Erica Cerra in the Polaris flashbacks - I'd like to see more of that story, it may make me enjoy Ali a bit more in the current timeline. I'm also happy to see Indra seemingly back on form by the end of the episode - I hope they keep Adina Porter on contract as long as possible, maybe even bump her up to main cast, because Indra's interactions with Octavia and Kane are always great.

Clarke was probably my favourite character is S1+2 but, as I've said, I have found her stuff in this series a little boring and repetitive. I suppose purely in story telling terms it makes sense for her to be hiding out in Polis, reluctant to take the weight of the world on her shoulders again. I don't doubt she had feelings for Lexa but I think a big part of the draw of Polis was it was she didn't have to be in charge, she ultimately didn't have to make the big decisions. It made sense but it was kind of boring for me. Point being that I wouldn't have thought I'd have been that invested in an entire episode set in Polis and mainly featuring Clarke and Lexa. And yet... I did.

Just to get this AI stuff clear in my head... ALI was the original program that they made which "escaped" into the world and had no feeling for human life and basically ended the world. The one that landed in Polis (in the chip) was the 2nd version of the program, the improved version with a capacity for empathy, and it's the one that has been passed down through Grounder commanders. It obviously was an improved version given that Lexa was able to feel/show love, compassion, empathy etc.

So essentially what we have is ALI 1 with Jaha slowly taking over Arkadia and she was looking for ALI 2 (Becca?) which is essentially the Treekru Grounder commander. So we are probably looking at a showdown between them?

• Advertisement

Clarke was probably my favourite character is S1+2 but, as I've said, I have found her stuff in this series a little boring and repetitive. I suppose purely in story telling terms it makes sense for her to be hiding out in Polis, reluctant to take the weight of the world on her shoulders again. I don't doubt she had feelings for Lexa but I think a big part of the draw of Polis was it was she didn't have to be in charge, she ultimately didn't have to make the big decisions. It made sense but it was kind of boring for me. Point being that I wouldn't have thought I'd have been that invested in an entire episode set in Polis and mainly featuring Clarke and Lexa. And yet... I did.

Just to get this AI stuff clear in my head... ALI was the original program that they made which "escaped" into the world and had no feeling for human life and basically ended the world. The one that landed in Polis (in the chip) was the 2nd version of the program, the improved version with a capacity for empathy, and it's the one that has been passed down through Grounder commanders. It obviously was an improved version given that Lexa was able to feel/show love, compassion, empathy etc.

So essentially what we have is ALI 1 with Jaha slowly taking over Arkadia and she was looking for ALI 2 (Becca?) which is essentially the Treekru Grounder commander. So we are probably looking at a showdown between them?

To be honest, I'm not entirely clear on the whole AI deal myself, but that sounds about right anyway. If they give another episode with flashbacks, I think it'll become a lot clearer.

To be honest, I'm not entirely clear on the whole AI deal myself, but that sounds about right anyway. If they give another episode with flashbacks, I think it'll become a lot clearer.

Well I think it's clear that the one with Jaha is the bad one and the one that was in Lexa is the improved version. What any of it means beyond that I do not know.

Does anyone know what the ratings have been like for S3? I haven't really looked. I checked Spoiler TV's predictor thing and they have The 100 in green which means looking good.

Well I think it's clear that the one with Jaha is the bad one and the one that was in Lexa is the improved version. What any of it means beyond that I do not know.

Does anyone know what the ratings have been like for S3? I haven't really looked. I checked Spoiler TV's predictor thing and they have The 100 in green which means looking good.

Pretty solid and up from last season - being predicted as a likely renewal by the people who predict these things, and head of The CW Mark Pedowitz, is genuinely a fan of the show (and not in a "I'm the head of the network, so I love all the shows" kinda way, he actually really enjoys it), so it'll probably get renewed.

Pretty solid and up from last season - being predicted as a likely renewal by the people who predict these things, and head of The CW Mark Pedowitz, is genuinely a fan of the show (and not in a "I'm the head of the network, so I love all the shows" kinda way, he actually really enjoys it), so it'll probably get renewed.

Good to know. I don't expect it to run forever but I'd hope they'd either get enough time to finish it up themselves or at least get enough notice that they could do a proper ending. The way they've been dealing with The 100, as a mid season show, the season is in the can long before the renewals/cancellations happen. I want a proper ending, whether it's next season or 4 years down the line.

Good to know. I don't expect it to run forever but I'd hope they'd either get enough time to finish it up themselves or at least get enough notice that they could do a proper ending. The way they've been dealing with The 100, as a mid season show, the season is in the can long before the renewals/cancellations happen. I want a proper ending, whether it's next season or 4 years down the line.

I have found that since Pedowitz took over the CW, if a show has a decent fan following (as The 100 does) that even if it has to be cancelled, he'll order a shorter final season and air it during the summer months if necessary. As long as that lad is in charge of the The CW, it's the network I have the most faith in - doubly so since he's the guy that is moving The CW away from the teen girl demographic to trying to produce quality comic book/sci-fi & fantasy programmes. Any articles I've read, where he's quoted about the future of certain shows or the future of the network, he just comes across as someone who actually gives a sh*t about programming and isn't just another corporate knobhead.

I have found that since Pedowitz took over the CW, if a show has a decent fan following (as The 100 does) that even if it has to be cancelled, he'll order a shorter final season and air it during the summer months if necessary. As long as that lad is in charge of the The CW, it's the network I have the most faith in - doubly so since he's the guy that is moving The CW away from the teen girl demographic to trying to produce quality comic book/sci-fi & fantasy programmes. Any articles I've read, where he's quoted about the future of certain shows or the future of the network, he just comes across as someone who actually gives a sh*t about programming and isn't just another corporate knobhead.

Yes, the quality of programming has certainly improved and they're even winning at the big awards shows these days. I never thought I'd see the day where The CW was even nominated at a "proper" awards show never mind winning things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

A quite excellent episode. The writers were brave to kill off a popular character but the AI backstory was the highlight for me. I presume Titus will blame the death on the sky people aa she did die of a gunshot wound. I do feel some sympathy for fans of the clexa relationship as there really too few shows with gay relationships and i would bet we won't see any new lesbian relationship in clarkes future.

A quite excellent episode. The writers were brave to kill off a popular character but the AI backstory was the highlight for me. I presume Titus will blame the death on the sky people aa she did die of a gunshot wound. I do feel some sympathy for fans of the clexa relationship as there really too few shows with gay relationships and i would bet we won't see any new lesbian relationship in clarkes future.

Would take a brave women to be in a relationship with Clarke. They don't have the best life expectancy.

Would take a brave women to be in a relationship with Clarke. They don't have the best life expectancy.

Two dead and yer one in the trading post took a hiding too.Commander of death indeed.

• Advertisement

Clarke should really stop having sex with people. NO GOOD CAN COME OF IT!

I think I'd be willing to risk it. :pac:

But yeah, I wasn't sure what was going to happen with Lexa due to Fear the Walking Dead. Annoying thing is that show is nowhere near The 100 in quality and neither is her character.

Murphy is reminding me of Stan in the episode of South Park where he was trying to point out how fake psychics work. He seems to be only logical person in the whole place and suffers for it. I like him which is a big change from season 1.

The whole AI thing was interesting. Even though the Jaha thing is approaching BSG levels, I think version 2.0 could be used well. Now that we know about it, will we start to see a projection that the commander talks to?
    The questions now are how is the commander chosen and who will it be. It seemed to imply previously that the commander is chosen by destiny. If it wasn't for the implant scar at the back of the neck, I thought it could be the AI chooses.

On a side note, anyone else wonder where they get their clothes from? Like how do Lexa, Octavia, etc get such nicely fitting jeans?

Advertisement