Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The questions now are how is the commander chosen and who will it be. It seemed to imply previously that the commander is chosen by destiny. If it wasn't for the implant scar at the back of the neck, I thought it could be the AI chooses.

The AI could still choose but need a little help getting into the body. Lexa seemed to be marking that little blonde kid out to take over so maybe it'll be him. I'm hoping for a curve ball though, along the lines of King Ralph :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There'll have to be some way to integrate Sky crew into it so maybe one of them. Though who would be willing to have it implanted knowing what it is? Kane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

On a side note, anyone else wonder where they get their clothes from? Like how do Lexa, Octavia, etc get such nicely fitting jeans?

There's just some things I don't think we should question. It was something I wondered about at one point either last season or in season 1, and then I thought it was just best not to let something like that niggle me. Despite the fact, it doesn't make much logical sense for them to all have proper fitted jeans, it looks good, so I ain't complaining... ;)

It's quite possible that not being able to go to the shops and buy ready made clothes made the Grounders a dab hand at sowing. Everyone is an expert tailor.

Looks like Bellamy has come to his senses at last, albeit a little late.

This week followed on from last week in keeping it centered on one location. Worked well this week too.

Nice to see Raven come to her senses when she realised she couldn't remember Finn. Interesting twist there, the AI can't actually control people. Was nice to see happy carefree Raven for a while though, even if it was technically a bad thing.

I assume Octavia and Clarke are still on their way back to the Arcadia.

No new episode until the end of March :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Pyke is such a great bad guy - the type of character you love to hate. I really hope Bellamy and Monty are back on the good side again - and sorry Monty, but your mom has to die. All I can hope is that, our guys can pull something off before Pyke tries to execute Kane - said it before, Kane is the best character, and I don't want to see him killed off.

My favourite thing about this season is that the main threat is internal. The Arkadians have mostly been a united front in season one and two, so to see them all have to turn on each other and choose sides is interesting.

My favourite thing about this season is that the main threat is internal. The Arkadians have mostly been a united front in season one and two, so to see them all have to turn on each other and choose sides is interesting.

Pike and the others from his station are now at the stage the original 100 were when they first landed. This whole season is in some ways a rehash of the first season, and I mean that in a good way. They even seemed to be pushing that fact when Bellamy kept repeating to Pike that he'd been here before, meaning when they wanted Finn to settle the score.

It's really quite clever. Kane and Abby and everyone else landed almost on top of the kids, they had their knowledge and experience from the start. Pike and co were off on their own for whatever amount of time it's been, 6 months? and basically had the same experience the kids had except imagine the kids only had Bellamy leading them and no Clarke to balance him out.

It's really frustrating to see them all be so stupid but at the same time it makes sense. Mostly.

Renewed for a 4th season :D

Renewed for a 4th season :D

Excellent news. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Glad that it has renewed but think the writing this season has been a clear step down from the last. I liked the Alie backstory last week but thought the struggle this week with Raven was pretty weak. I forgot that Lincoln was imprisoned- they have really sidelined him this last while. Also i think the Grounders would be crazy to just accept the death of pike and then make peace. Is that all their armies do - start a siege and then give up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I assume Octavia and Clarke are still on their way back to the Arcadia.

Just Octavia with Indra. Clarke was locked in the room when we last saw her.

Where was Abby this week? And have we seen that other one sided with Kane before? She looked familiar.

Didn't like how Monty was suddenly on Pyke's side anyway. Like first time we saw him with them he was already in the inner circle in his meetings. Obviously doing it for his mother.

I know she realised they were lying at the end but they should've at least confirmed one person helping since the bug was planted on him.

Hopefully Jasper becomes useful now since he helped Raven realise the truth. Maybe he'll help more in that storyline.

Just Octavia with Indra. Clarke was locked in the room when we last saw her.

Where was Abby this week? And have we seen that other one sided with Kane before? She looked familiar.

Lexa made Titus promise to stop trying to kill Clarke or whatever it was so I wonder did he let her and Murphy go or try to pin Lexa's death on them?

Abby is on an X number of episodes contract, I assume, they'll have wanted her for other episodes.

Are you talking about the girl that was with Kane and Miller? It's Harper. I always mixed her and Monroe up, kind of thought they were the same people. Monroe was the one that died in the fire at the village the other week, Harper is on #TeamKane.

Are you talking about the girl that was with Kane and Miller? It's Harper. I always mixed her and Monroe up, kind of thought they were the same people. Monroe was the one that died in the fire at the village the other week, Harper is on #TeamKane.

Harper & Monroe both had bit parts in Season 1 - slightly less to do than Miller (whose season 1 role wasn't that big either), but they were there and addressed by name whenever another speaking part was needed outside of our core group. Also when the grounder attacked the jump ship in the finale, they had a fair bit to do at that point.

In season 2 both their roles became bigger... Harper was in Mt Weather with Jasper, Monty and Miller and was always part of their secret meetings and helped them with their plans - it was herself and Monty who were locked up in cages to have their bone marrow used to cure the Mt Weather. Monroe, in season 2, was essentially Bellamy's #2 before he went undercover into Mt Weather and was usually by his side with a gun (she was a pretty good shot if I remember) and then later when they all teamed up with the grounders to attack Mt Weather, she'd always be there alongside the main characters, like Kane and Abby.

This season Monroe died a few episodes ago when they raided that village, and Harper has been there with Kane and Miller. Of the two, I've always thought Harper was a better developed character, and someone I would've liked to see doing a bit more, so I was glad she had a fair bit of responsibility in this episode and was quite prominent.

This season Monroe died a few episodes ago when they raided that village, and Harper has been there with Kane and Miller. Of the two, I've always thought Harper was a better developed character, and someone I would've liked to see doing a bit more, so I was glad she had a fair bit of responsibility in this episode and was quite prominent.

That probably means she's going to die soon :(

That probably means she's going to die soon :(

True. Unless they're just planning to make her role bigger when others get killed off - I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the main characters were killed before the season's end. If they were to expand the cast next season and make a couple of minor characters into main cast members, I'd like to see Harper, Sinclair, Miller and Indra become regulars.

True. Unless they're just planning to make her role bigger when others get killed off - I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the main characters were killed before the season's end. If they were to expand the cast next season and make a couple of minor characters into main cast members, I'd like to see Harper, Sinclair, Miller and Indra become regulars.

I hope to God they kill off Jaha.

I hope to God they kill off Jaha.

Yeah, he's certainly the weakest character, but I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Jaha, Abby and Kane were given a five-year contract or something when they took on the job (assuming the show lasted that long) since they're more established actors than the younger cast members.
    Hopefully that isn't the case, but I've heard of weird contracts like that in some US shows for better known actors before.

Apparently Isaiah Washington is a bit of a dick in real life (he was fired from Grey's Anatomy for making a homophobic comment on set) and he seems a right nut-job from some of the tweets of his that I've seen, but he's also won a lot of awards for his previous roles, so he must be considered popular. Personally, I didn't know who he was before The 100 - plenty of other main cast members and recurring characters I did know from other shows, which is half the reason I started watching in the first place.

Apparently Isaiah Washington is a bit of a dick in real life (he was fired from Grey's Anatomy for making a homophobic comment on set) and he seems a right nut-job from some of the tweets of his that I've seen, but he's also won a lot of awards for his previous roles, so he must be considered popular. Personally, I didn't know who he was before The 100 - plenty of other main cast members and recurring characters I did know from other shows, which is half the reason I started watching in the first place.

I remember him on Grey's, didn't like his character on it either.

I did wonder when they had been keeping him mostly on his own was it because he was still a dick and nobody liked him. Why cast him though?

I started watching because Neighbours/Home&Away faces were all up in it :D

I remember him on Grey's, didn't like his character on it either.

I did wonder when they had been keeping him mostly on his own was it because he was still a dick and nobody liked him. Why cast him though?

I started watching because Neighbours/Home&Away faces were all up in it :D

I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't a part of it - none of them like him so they keep him on his own as much as possible, because they can't get rid of him due to a contract he's on or something.

Yeah I knew Clarke from Neighbours, Bellamy from Home & Away, Lincoln from Hollyoaks + Dream Team, Kane from LOST, Abby from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies (the 90s ones - she played April O'Neill), Sinclair from Battlestar Galactica, Anya from Dollhouse + Neighbours, and then in season 2 Indra from True Blood and Nyko from Supernatural. It's rare to recognise that many cast members in a new show from other things.

I see Adina Porter is an the pilot for a new show on ABC. It hasn't been picked up yet, very few have. That's the problem with "guest" roles on TV shows, sometimes it's out of your hands whether an actor stays or not.

Speaking of... where is Wick?

• Advertisement

I see Adina Porter is an the pilot for a new show on ABC. It hasn't been picked up yet, very few have. That's the problem with "guest" roles on TV shows, sometimes it's out of your hands whether an actor stays or not.

Steve Talley unfortunately wasn't available for this season, which is a shame because Wick is a great character. He was mentioned in conversation between Raven and Abby in episode 1 or 2 and we found out that Wick and Raven broke up, but presumably he's still floating around Arkadia somewhere, so fingers crossed they can get him for a couple of episodes in Season 4.

Steve Talley unfortunately wasn't available for this season, which is a shame because Wick is a great character. He was mentioned in conversation between Raven and Abby in episode 1 or 2 and we found out that Wick and Raven broke up, but presumably he's still floating around Arkadia somewhere, so fingers crossed they can get him for a couple of episodes in Season 4.

They weren't really clear in that conversation if he was alive or not. I thin the last time we saw him was when they blew up the generator thing?

They weren't really clear in that conversation if he was alive or not. I thin the last time we saw him was when they blew up the generator thing?

He definitely survived the generator, but I do think they purposely left it ambiguous in that conversation, in case at some point they can get him back, that he's still alive, but if they can't they can possibly tell a story of how he died during that 3 month gap we missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Actor said some seriously racist stuff on Twitter and very deservedly got fired. If only they could do the same to Rothenberg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Really? What did she say.

Kirby wrote: »
    Really? What did she say.

He. We're talking about Wick here.

I just looked it up there and apparently there was a twitter account that was him and it made some "jokes" about the KKK and some other stuff. People don't seem to be 100% sure it was actually him but apparently a fair few of the cast and crew were following him and long story short when asked about Wick coming back this series Rothenberg gave a hard No.

Ah ok. I hadn't heard that - in an article before Season 3 started, it just said he wasn't available for Season 3, but I didn't realise he was fired or that there'd been any controversy. Fair enough then, if that's the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This show has quite a turnover of actors its a pity they couldn't bring back Wicks character for one episode to die horribly- or perhaps be shot by one of those pesky stray bullets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well that's a bit of a balls, they killed off two good characters in one episode. I expect that Pike is going to die a horrible death... :(

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Well that's a bit of a balls, they killed off two good characters in one episode. I expect that Pike is going to die a horrible death... :(

As soon as they announced Ricky Whittle for American Gods, I knew Lincoln's days were numbered - pretty brutal headshot for network television though.

Great episode though - pretty tense from beginning to end.

Advertisement