Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I actually enjoyed that episode, pity yer man got a hole in the head, but liked the way Skoda reacted - she's gonna have yer man that killed him's head on a pike, guaranteed.

No Jaha, always good. Really liking the Murph now, and his new girlfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Anyone else notice that the bad conclave girl is April from Home and Away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Yeah recognised her straight away

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Yeah, I recognised her from the first episode she was in. Figured she'd be back, and there she is. Is it wrong I kind of want her to get the flame? :D

I'm pretty gutted about Lincoln, mainly because it's going to destroy Octavia and Bellamy's relationship, not that he doesn't deserve it but still, sad times.

Loved Octavia's dig at Kane about spending 16 years under the floor. You tell him, Octavia. I really really hope she gets to gut Pike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭mightyreds

"Liamalone wrote: »
    she's gonna have yer man that killed him's head on a pike,

Not sure if intentional but I lolled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wow, that has to be the best episode of the entire season thus far. Incredible stuff! Dark and violent, with every decision directly tracable to the actions of the main characters. Just how I've come to love The 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I liked the episode but i think the writers are struggling with the amount of storylines theyve produced. A lot doesnt make sense. Like how they only have one priest know the flame process or why Murphy is stil left alive after all he witnessed! The arkers are probably glad they massacred that army now considering they would have been used by the new leader to destroy them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I liked the episode but i think the writers are struggling with the amount of storylines theyve produced. A lot doesnt make sense. Like how they only have one priest know the flame process or why Murphy is stil left alive after all he witnessed! The arkers are probably glad they massacred that army now considering they would have been used by the new leader to destroy them.

Because yer wan fancies him - did you not see the looks they were giving each other when she was taking that bath. Could've cut the sexual tension with a knife. Also he said he would've done what she did in her position (killing the competition - I'm sure she's realised he could be a valuable ally). Murphy has no loyalty to Arkadia at this point - she has no reason to kill him when she could learn from his knowledge of his people.

Because yer wan fancies him - did you not see the looks they were giving each other when she was taking that bath. Could've cut the sexual tension with a knife. Also he said he would've done what she did in her position (killing the competition - I'm sure she's realised he could be a valuable ally). Murphy has no loyalty to Arkadia at this point - she has no reason to kill him when she could learn from his knowledge of his people.

Yeah, Murphy's lack of interest in anything other than staying alive is clear for everyone to see.

I actually felt pretty bad for him in this episode. He stayed with Clarke instead of legging it when Roan led them to the tunnels and what did he get in return, abandoned by Clarke and then shafted by Titus.

I hope this is not the case. I know this is the CW but do not like it that so many of the characters need to be thrown together in relationships. Ontai is in it for what 2 episodes and fans are already shipping her!
    I do like the Murphy character - he is always pointing out how messed up the world is.

• Advertisement

I hope this is not the case. I know this is the CW but do not like it that so many of the characters need to be thrown together in relationships. Ontai is in it for what 2 episodes and fans are already shipping her!
    I do like the Murphy character - he is always pointing out how messed up the world is.

That's the problem I have with this show, although it's more with the fan base than the writing. People are obviously going to have romantic entanglements and personal relationships but some people are incapable of watching anything without reducing it to who is banging who.

I wouldn't take it that yer one is interested in Murphy in anything other than a physical way anyway.

Interesting stuff from Ricky Whittle. Not at all happy with Rothenberg.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a789681/ricky-whittle-the-100-boss-bullied-me/

Hard to know what to think there. When exactly was he cast on that other show? It's entirely possible that the stuff they had planned for Lincoln was cut because they had to find a way to write him out, right?

If it's true it sucks for him but I'm not sure how wise it is to be badmouthing people like that minutes after leaving a show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Interesting stuff from Ricky Whittle. Not at all happy with Rothenberg.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/news/a789681/ricky-whittle-the-100-boss-bullied-me/

Hard to know what to think there. When exactly was he cast on that other show? It's entirely possible that the stuff they had planned for Lincoln was cut because they had to find a way to write him out, right?

If it's true it sucks for him but I'm not sure how wise it is to be badmouthing people like that minutes after leaving a show.

I'd say there was definitely a clash of personalities between Rothenberg and Whittle from all I've heard, but I'd take what either side says with a pinch of salt. We don't know the entire situation, so it's not our place to judge either Whittle or Rothenberg.

I will say, from having worked in writer's rooms, there are plenty of reasons why a storyline might get cut or changed and it often has nothing personal to do with any actors.

It's also very easy for audiences to side with the actor when stories like this come out, because they're attached to the character they see on TV, as opposed to the mostly faceless showrunners and writers.

I love Ricky Whittle (back as far as when he was doing Dream Team and Hollyoaks) and I'm really excited to see American Gods, but I also love The 100 and where Jason Rothenberg has taken the show creatively from the early days.

It's tough keeping supporting actors happy on these shows. They're obviously going to be looking for a bit of security but if you're not a permanent cast member you kind of just have to take what you get or get another job, as he has done.

I did think he seemed a bit sidelined this season but then again a few of the characters have been, even some of the main ones go missing from time to time.

The American Gods news didn't come out until January so this whole season would have been in the can by then so it wasn't a case of them having to write him out, like it was with Lexa, so it does seem like he was just pushed into the background a little for whatever reason.

I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of Rothenberg and how front and centre he is at times. He's almost more well known than any of the cast are. I read an interesting article the other day about the new trend of show runners and writers interacting with fans and actively engaging with the audience and how networks are kind of pushing that a lot. I'm not sure I like it. It can be interesting to get some background on story lines and things like that but I think I prefer it to be separate from the actual show. Like Director commentary on DVD's, that kind of thing. Having it all out there as a show is airing kind of takes you out of the fictional universe, or it does for me anyway.

Poor Raven.

Is that it for
    Pike
    ? Slightly anticlimactic if it is.

I honestly didn't think they could top last week's episode, but wow that was something else. The stuff with the City of Light went from kinda intriguing to me being completely invested in that storyline now.

Loving the resistance group hiding out in the cave and Bellamy at least momentarily redeeming himself in helping take Pyke down.

And Murphy is giving Kane a run for his money as my favourite character after that episode.
    Poor Raven.

Is that it for
    Pike
    ? Slightly anticlimactic if it is.

I'd say there's more to come from that storyline yet, when they bring him to Ontari next week. With Murphy in her ear, you never know what she might decide for Pyke.

I'd say there's more to come from that storyline yet, when they bring him to Ontari next week. With Murphy in her ear, you never know what she might decide for Pyke.

Murphy doesn't really know Pike though, does he? He'd have known him as a teacher on the Ark, but he hasn't seen him since so I'm not sure he'd have a vested interest in him. I suppose it will depend on what he thinks he can get for himself out of it all.

I sometimes warm to Murphy and then I remember it was him that shot Raven which led to her being in the state she's in now so then I go back to hoping his luck runs out eventually.

What do we think the correct answer for Bellamy is to the question Kane asked him? Did he do it for Octavia or because it was the right thing to do? Does it really matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Just watched the latest 2 EPs. This show just gets better and better. For a CW show it is very graphic and violent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

What do we think the correct answer for Bellamy is to the question Kane asked him? Did he do it for Octavia or because it was the right thing to do? Does it really matter?

I don't he really knows himself yet, although he probably knew Pike couldn't carry on like that anymore.

A bit unfortunate for Lincoln, as someone said the show was already in the can before American Gods (what is that?) God only knows what happened, as we don't see Clarke in every ep, even though she's one of the main characters!

& what did the actor who plays Lexa say about it?
    , as Rothenburg seemed to change his story & apologized to the fans for traumatising them, especially when the two got jiggity-jiggity with each other :p

But talking about the show creator like that, i assume doesn't go down too well in those circles, but what i've seen in that show, anyone can die?

• Advertisement

& what did the actor who plays Lexa say about it?
    , as Rothenburg seemed to change his story & apologized to the fans for traumatising them, especially when the two got jiggity-jiggity with each other :p

But talking about the show creator like that, i assume doesn't go down too well in those circles, but what i've seen in that show, anyone can die?

I read an article the other day about this "bury your gays" trope and it actually made a lot of sense and I could see why some people would be upset by the way they killed Lexa off. However... social media is so full of people who just like to get annoyed about things and flood any discussion with such nonsense that any valid points get lost very quickly.

Rothenberg acknowledged this "bury your gays" thing and I think the fact they were trying to keep Lexa's death a secret may have led to some people feeling they had been lied to. I don't follow any of the cast/crew on twitter or read spoilers or many interviews or any of that so I can't say for sure but it did feel a little like they were using the obsession some of the fan base had with Lexa/Clarke to their advantage for a while, all the time knowing she was going to die. But can you really blame them for that?

I don't think the actress playing Lexa said anything about it. She was definitely cast on the other show ages ago, possible before S2 of The 100 even aired. They managed to get access to her for a limited time to wrap her story up this season but it was inevitable that she was on her way out, it was only a question of how. I suppose they didn't have to kill her or they could have done it without having her and Clarke hook up moments before.

I read a thing about fans being annoyed about Lincoln's death too because it meant that two of the "best couples" on the show are no more. That really annoyed me because as important as these relationships may be they're really not that important in the grand scheme of things. There are so many more important things going on and bigger stories being told. If you're watching the show solely for who is hooking up with who you're missing out on so much.

I'm not that upset about Lexa going since her storyline was really stretching believability (like her not seeking revenge on the arkers after already being weak with the mountain men) but Ontari just seems a much weaker replacement. The Murphy-Ontari relationship just seems too quick and too soap-operaish. I don't like the whole ALIE zombie thing. I preferred the show when it was about advanced civilization surviving in a barbaric uncivilized world. Now it has gone full horror-scifi.
    As for the whole "burying the gays" trope gay characters shouldn't be immune from being killed off in shows.

As for the whole "burying the gays" trope gay characters shouldn't be immune from being killed off in shows.

I agree with this in theory but if you look at the facts it is apparently an issue. Since Lexa's death episode there have been 2 or 3 other shows have killed off a gay character, that's in the space of what... about 2 weeks?

In an ideal world there's enough diversity in TV and film that a character being killed off is just a character being killed off, but as it stands now it is still hugely important to people from the gay community to see gay characters represented well on TV.

My problem with this whole issue surrounding Lexa is that The 100 is actually one of the better shows on TV at the moment for diversity, whether that's race or sexuality or even just looking at gender roles. All of that seems to be getting ignored now because people are mad about Lexa being killed off right after she and Clarke hooked up. Also the fact that there is another gay couple still doing fine on the show is being ignored entirely.

Personally I hated that whole Lexa/Clarke story line. I thought having her betray Clarke at Mt Weather should have been the nail in that relationship. Personally I find the romantic relationships the weakest parts of the show. Octavia and Lincoln, for example, was fine but Octavia's relationship with Indra and with Bellamy are both far more compelling and both impact on story and character development more. The strained relationship between Clarke and Bellamy from the earlier seasons was also far more interesting than Clarke/Finn or Clarke/Lexa. I would have just left Lexa gone after the Mt. Weather thing.

Yeah, I don't care about who's dating who either - it's the other more political relationships between the different characters is what I enjoy the most. The politics of this post apocalyptic world is much more compelling for me than anything else going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I don't think the actress playing Lexa said anything about it. She was definitely cast on the other show ages ago, possible before S2 of The 100 even aired. They managed to get access to her for a limited time to wrap her story up this season but it was inevitable that she was on her way out, it was only a question of how. I suppose they didn't have to kill her or they could have done it without having her and Clarke hook up moments before.

I read a thing about fans being annoyed about Lincoln's death too because it meant that two of the "best couples" on the show are no more. That really annoyed me because as important as these relationships may be they're really not that important in the grand scheme of things. There are so many more important things going on and bigger stories being told. If you're watching the show solely for who is hooking up with who you're missing out on so much.

I didn't realise the actress was leaving, let alone Lincoln too, that's how much i knew! As sometimes social media has too many spoilers, especially if you've missed an ep
    But i suppose that's the way the show is, as anyone can die at any moment, as it can allow for more characters to come in.

But the couples thing can slow it down, like Finn+Clarke, unless it's a dynamic couple, which don't rely on it going soft!
    Although the ALIE storyline is a bit daft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I agree with this in theory but if you look at the facts it is apparently an issue. Since Lexa's death episode there have been 2 or 3 other shows have killed off a gay character, that's in the space of what... about 2 weeks?

Curious what the other shows are. From the ones I watch, a gay character is a main character (Legends of Tomorrow)and another has a married gay couple (Arrow).
    And I'm pretty sure with Lexa's death, the ratio of straight to gay character deaths in this show is about 500:1?

Still think Murphy is my favourite character. Just pretty much a realist.

Guessing Abby no longer remembers Clarke

Hopefully Jasper will run into Monty and co as well to warn them.

For Bellamy, to use a wrestling reference, he's had more face/heel turns than Big Show.

^ I think it was The Vampire Diaries and The Walking Dead. I don't watch either so I'm not sure but I think that's what the article said. I can't link to it now but it was an AV Club article.

If you just look at The 100 you can't really get annoyed about deaths because they kill someone nearly every week. From episode 4 when the little kid killed Wells and then threw herself odd the cliff I accepted it was that kind of show. Don't get too attached to anyone, they're going to die.

Well with lincoln and (probably) Pike gone its not like there are many colored actors left on the show either. I think its unfortunately but the actors wanted to leave so what can you do? I dont think it is fair that the 100 that has gay characters gets so much flack for killing one of them while other shows have none at all. The litmus test is what they do with clarke. As she is bi-sexual we could see her end with Bellamy or some other guy and that would be like writing off another gay character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now if only people enjoyed the characters for their character and not the colour of their skin or sexuality. Though we do have to judge their beliefs since it's actually a factor of the show.

• Advertisement

Holy crap, Monty killed his mother - that took some balls. Another great episode and I was genuinely worried Raven was going to die. I did spend the last five minutes shouting at them to get the hell out of there - they seemed to spend far too long standing around chatting when ALIE and her city of lighters knew where to find them. I was sure they were about to be surrounded.

Advertisement