Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

Holy crap,
    Monty killed his mother - that took some balls.
    Another great episode and I was genuinely worried Raven was going to die. I did spend the last five minutes shouting at them to get the hell out of there - they seemed to spend far too long standing around chatting when ALIE and her city of lighters knew where to find them. I was sure they were about to be surrounded.

spoiler that!!!! bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

spoiler that!!!! bloody hell.

The episode has aired.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Poor Monty.... although, didn't the big ugly dude that was with Jaha and Murphy on the boat come back to life? Is she really dead?

Traumatic as it was for Monty it was a pretty great way of bringing Octavia back into the group. You can't just walk out on a guy when he does that for you.

I'm still not overly keen on the AI stuff, as someone else pointed out it used to be about an advanced civilization trying to survive in primitive conditions and now it's gone full on Sci Fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Poor Monty.... although, didn't the big ugly dude that was with Jaha and Murphy on the boat come back to life? Is she really dead?
    Traumatic as it was for Monty it was a pretty great way of bringing Octavia back into the group. You can't just walk out on a guy when he does that for you.
    I'm still not overly keen on the AI stuff, as someone else pointed out it used to be about an advanced civilization trying to survive in primitive conditions and now it's gone full on Sci Fi.

When wasn't it, its a post apocalyptic world set in the future, were at least arkadia/mount weather and the remnants-AI, are more advanced then the rest of the world and it started as a conflict between two different groups of survivors.

One with a strict yet more advanced start and the grounders with a harsh life in the remnants of society - who create a strict code of ethics to survive and who come into conflict with the other group. Who not only don't seem to care about their rules but don't even seem to try to understand them until too late (other then Kane). For instance - No guns or mount weather will bomb you, Blood must have blood to maintain order and fulfill vengeance without going to far - Finn for an entire village he murdered in cold blood, Pike the same- if anything they are being reasonable.

I do agree the AI thing is a bit ridiculous but it has always been scifi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I liked how they referenced the bond with Octavia as not just for being an arker but being part of the 100. Sure there were too many instances of characters apologising or past sins and Monty's stubbornness was a bit repetitive but still a good episode. The reintroduction of the gounder woman that Clarke had boned previously was a bit awkward. I thought Clarke knew her well but they barely talked.

• Advertisement

^Octavia is becoming one of my favourite characters. She lived under the floor for 16 years on the Ark so it's in no way surprising she doesn't feel like one of them. Monty was right though in telling her that she's part of The 100, they are a separate group even now with all the adults down. I like how it ended with pretty much all original characters back together again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise the one Clarke slept with was played by Richard Harmpn's sister.

Great episode. Lindsey Morgen was excellent

I had to look up who Richard Harmon was- Murphy.

Yes wonder if that is awkward for actors seeing their siblings making out with actors they work with full time. Jessica Harmon is on IZombie too.

Yeah I didn't realise at first that she was the FBI agent.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about The 100 anymore.

The pacing doesn't seem as tight this season, the story lines aren't grabbing me the way they did the first 2 seasons. The AI stuff really doesn't do it for me. S1 and S2 had relatively simple plot lines and the drama came from the human elements and although they're set in the future and there were some elements of SciFi (the Grounder blood transfusions, Reapers etc..) it was always the human stuff that drove it. The Grounder in S1 were the enemy but you could completely get on their side if you thought about their motivations, same with Mt. Weather in S2. This season though there's no shades of grey with ALLIE and the City of Light and all that nonsense. I find it hard to care about it all.

Individually some episodes are still really good but some of them are starting to feel a little like filler episodes to me, or like 2 episodes could have been trimmed and made into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That episode was really cool - it felt a bit like a 90's slasher flick (like Scream or I Know What You Did Last Summer) with Emerson taking them down one by one. Sinclair dying really got to me though - more than Lincoln or Lexa, because I think Alessandro Juliani is a fantastic supporting actor and his presence just really adds to a scene even if he's only hanging out in the background.

I still think the show is great and just as good, if not better than Season 2 - I'm actually enjoying the AI storyline though and it's interesting to find out more about how the world ended in the first place. There's still very much human conflict driving the stories forward. The first half of the season was Kane v Pyke, this whole episode was driven by Emerson wanting to seek revenge for what happened in Mt Weather, Murphy's story is all about him just trying to survive in this world and using his cunning to do so, and even the AI story arc itself has very much been humans making a choice to enter the city of light in order to escape their own pain - it only went a bit Invasion of the Body Snatchers last week, when the chips were forced upon those still in Arkadia.

Yeah... I don't know, it's just not capturing me the same way.

S1 and S2 I was counting down the days between episodes, I find with S3 I sometimes even forget that there's a new episode on a Friday morning. When it was off the air for a few weeks there I completely forgot it was due back on when it was.

I suppose it's just that the splitting locations and story lines worked better in S1+2 because I was equally invested in all the different strands. Being less interested in the AI stuff makes the jumping about slightly more annoying for me.

Also... it seems like they're inside a lot more. There's probably logistical/budget reasons for this but I enjoyed the more outdoor nature of S1 and even S2's Mt. Weather stuff seemed like it was in a real place rather than a set.

Ahhh, they're just tiny little things, I haven't given up on the show entirely :)

yeah got to agree that this season has been a big disappointment. Last season was building to a battle (okay a disappointing one,but still, this season just feels lacklustre and the new characters they've introduced are not as good as the ones they've gotten rid of. I was just thinking what could make the Pontus storyline suck even worse- and now they come up with this. I hate Zombie movies and tv shows and this is the direction we'll end up in.

At this rate, Clarke's mother could die later since Monty's was last week and Raven's kinda-dad this week.

Guessing Monty will do something to hinder their plan in order to try and save his mother.

Then we have Pyke and Kane on the way to Polis so they have to team up to fight Jaha. Though dunno how he got there first or how the Arkadians all travelled with no issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

I just want this AI storyline to conclude as quickly as possible. I find it incredibly boring and hope the show can get back to what made it entertaining.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just noticed in the opening credits that it shows a oil drilling platform which I don't think it showed before. Wonder if it means we'll be taken there soon.
    Well that answers that question.

And a crucifixion this week. This show must really leave the censors sweating. Wonder if they've ever gone too far for them.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    This show must really leave the censors sweating. Wonder if they've ever gone too far for them.

I thought Lincoln's execution was pretty brutal for network TV. If that passed I can see anything passing.

I remember when E4 started showing it it aired at 8pm and they would have repeats during the day too. I watched one once, episode 4 from s1, I think, and it was only about 30 minutes long. They had to cut so much of it to air it during the day. It seems to be on later now on E4 and there's no daytime repeats.

Even though I hate Pyke, I kinda love him again after those flashbacks. Love that we got the Oil Rig at the end, finally - that'll be interesting. Can't believe they got Kane in the City of Light...

If I'm not mistaken, that song Radioactive also featured (albeit the more upbeat OG version) very heavily in the pilot episode after the dropship first landed on Earth. Between that and getting back some of the deceased 100 for those classroom scenes, I really liked the throwback to where it all began in this episode.

I kind of laughed when the flashbacks said "6 months earlier". Everything we've seen has happened in the space of about 3-4 months?

The more characters take the disc and become Zombies the less interesting the show will become. I already don't like Luna for some unknown reason- maybe its because of the actresses hairstyle. Pike has always been a bit of a cliché so I'm really surprised they've kept him around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Pretty meh episode i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Even though I hate Pyke, I kinda love him again after those flashbacks. Love that we got the Oil Rig at the end, finally - that'll be interesting. Can't believe they got Kane in the City of Light...

If I'm not mistaken, that song Radioactive also featured (albeit the more upbeat OG version) very heavily in the pilot episode after the dropship first landed on Earth. Between that and getting back some of the deceased 100 for those classroom scenes, I really liked the throwback to where it all began in this episode.

Yeah, it was when the get out of the ship in the first episode.
    I kind of laughed when the flashbacks said "6 months earlier". Everything we've seen has happened in the space of about 3-4 months?

Was surprised myself, feels like a lot longer.

I don't even know what's going on anymore.

I would've liked if they had succeeded in defeating ALIE this episode only to have a new threat rise for the final 2 episodes of the season. It's certainly the first episode of this season (and probably since early season 1) that I wasn't particularly fond of. Hopefully just a blip.

What were we looking at in Space at end there? Is there another station still up there?

I'm genuinely confused by a lot if what is happening. That's why I don't like all this AI technology stuff. It gives them licence to be vague in their storytelling and I am fast losing interest. It would have been a nice twist to have her defeated in that episode, it would have been a little out of the blue and left the last few episodes open for all sorts of things. Reconciliations, deaths, revenge, rebuilding etc. Etc.

What were we looking at in Space at end there? Is there another station still up there?

Basically there's still a bit of the Ark left up in Space, where Jaha was at the start of Season 2 after everyone else crashed down to earth and before he escaped in a pod (it was a pod or something, right?). So they used the bit of the shuttle in Titus's shrine to transfer a backup of ALIE and the City from that backpack thing up to that last bit of the Ark in Space where they can't just destroy her by wrecking a backpack or hacking into the programme from Arkadia. I don't think it was portrayed or explained terribly well in the episode, I only barely just pieced together what was happening myself, but as that tactic goes for ALIE and Jaha it was a clever one. Presumably Luna can still stop her if she takes the Flame and one of the Chips, but apparently she ain't got time for that.

Overall I have enjoyed the AI storyline (but can understand why other might not), this episode however felt a bit disjointed and all over the place. And I love Harper as a character, I've been saying since mid-season 2 I'd like to see her have a bigger part to play, but the hookup with herself and Monty really felt shoehorned in there and hopefully they didn't do it just so they could kill her off and bring Monty down even more.

^ Yeah. I like Harper too but Raven's "finally" when she found them together didn't make sense. Have Harper and Monty ever even interacted directly before? I remember someone coming into someone around the fire in S1 but I'm pretty sure that was Jasper and I don't even know if it was Harper.

^ Yeah. I like Harper too but Raven's "finally" when she found them together didn't make sense. Have Harper and Monty ever even interacted directly before? I remember someone coming into someone around the fire in S1 but I'm pretty sure that was Jasper and I don't even know if it was Harper.

Harper was interested in Jasper at one point in Season 1, but nothing ever came of it. Harper and Monty were together a lot in Mt. Weather though - the were the first two to be locked up in the cages for their bone marrow before everyone else knew what was going on, so that would definitely form a bond of some sort. And there's also the time-gap between Season 2 and 3 I suppose where they could've been building towards something, but we've definitely never seen any chemistry between them on-screen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think you guys are misinterpreting that "finally!". I don't think she meant "Oh finally you two have stopped messing around and are together!".

I think she meant in a more "I've been waiting for you two to finish so I could tell you this important stuff." :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you guys are misinterpreting that "finally!". I don't think she meant "Oh finally you two have stopped messing around and are together!".

I think she meant in a more "I've been waiting for you two to finish so I could tell you this important stuff." :P

Possible. Or she'd been wandering around Arkadia for the last hour looking in every room trying to find them. Finally! I found you.

The idea of her waiting outside the room for them to finish is quite amusing.

Advertisement