Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I have a terrible feeling that they are going to give the flame , somehow, to Clarke. She's been pretty useless this season so it may be a way to make her relevant again. Also she can reconnect with her lesbian girlfriend!
    I do hope they complete the ALIE storyline this season and come up with a better big bad for next season. Maybe trap ALIE in space.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I have a terrible feeling that they are going to give the flame , somehow, to Clarke. She's been pretty useless this season so it may be a way to make her relevant again. Also she can reconnect with her lesbian girlfriend!
    I do hope they complete the ALIE storyline this season and come up with a better big bad for next season. Maybe trap ALIE in space.

It's not impossible that someone from the Ark would have the weird black blood. If the first commander had it, and she was from pre bombed earth it's possible someone else has it too. We've seen all the main people bleed red though so unless they have some ridiculous workaround planned Clarke would die if she put the chip in her.

I wonder what would happen if they put it in someone with the right blood who had already been chipped by ALIE2? Ontari is a bit of a nutter but maybe one would overcome the other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

It's not impossible that someone from the Ark would have the weird black blood. If the first commander had it, and she was from pre bombed earth it's possible someone else has it too. We've seen all the main people bleed red though so unless they have some ridiculous workaround planned Clarke would die if she put the chip in her.

I wonder what would happen if they put it in someone with the right blood who had already been chipped by ALIE2? Ontari is a bit of a nutter but maybe one would overcome the other?

Didn't Becca inject herself with something before she escaped the space station so she could survive on earth. I think she brought a case with her that had vials of the stuff she used on herself. Could these vials have been used to give certain people nightblood and all the people that got it throughout the years were descended from these people. If Clarke or somebody else was to take the flame, could they not just do a blood transfusion with Ontari or Luna or somehow find one of the original vials that gives nightblood. Didn't Clarke mention when Luna was captured that if she takes the flame after being chipped that ALI 1.0 would know everything version two knew along with all the commanders memories and the kill code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

Didn't Becca inject herself with something before she escaped the space station so she could survive on earth. I think she brought a case with her that had vials of the stuff she used on herself. Could these vials have been used to give certain people nightblood and all the people that got it throughout the years were descended from these people. If Clarke or somebody else was to take the flame, could they not just do a blood transfusion with Ontari or Luna or somehow find one of the original vials that gives nightblood. Didn't Clarke mention when Luna was captured that if she takes the flame after being chipped that ALI 1.0 would know everything version two knew along with all the commanders memories and the kill code.

Yes, gene therapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Becca made herself a nightblood so I'm expecting Clarke to become one and use the AI.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I had just presumed that ever since she received the Flame, the show was simply killing time before the 'surprise' of Clarke taking it herself. I suspected Luna would be a bust ever since she was mentioned (I'm glad she was, her little commune seemed at peace and happy until Clarke & pals showed up).

Between her shadowing of Lexa and influencing the politics of Polis, not to mention her already somewhat-feared reputation as Wanheda, it seemed like the show was grooming her even before this plotline came into focus. So I'd say she will become Heda, having to herself implement her clumsy 'Blood must not have blood' mantra & navigate the scheming of the Ice Nation (remember them?).

Now that the season is in its home stretch things have become a little more pacy and tense, but overall season 3 has been a bit of a dud. Bad character writing and clumsy plotting to induce stakes and tension has undercut a lot of the maturity and smarts The 100 often demonstrated: chief example here being Bellamys about-turn & siding with Pike, all because of a blink-and-you'll-miss-her girlfriend getting iced. The casual slaughter of 300 peacekeepers has always felt like a massacre too far as well - even by this shows standards of massacre. Mount Weather was a Hobson's Choice, now it feels like the writers couldn't think of any other way to have Bellamy 'go bad' & Clarke's pleading to turn the other cheek rang hollow and idiotic tbh.

^ I don't think Bellamy siding with Pike was solely about the girlfriend dying. It was a culmination of things. I agree with everything else you say though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

^ I don't think Bellamy siding with Pike was solely about the girlfriend dying. It was a culmination of things. I agree with everything else you say though.

Oh it was a culmination all right I don't deny that, and it's not like his ... shall we say 'fighting spirit' hasn't been prominent throughout the series so far, but I think it's also fair to say that the above moment was a definite trigger.

Primarily though, it was just how badly executed his fall to the Pike Side was. Gina (had to Google her name) existed for the sole purpose to walk on screen, let us know that hey, Bellamy has a girlfriend now & he's super happy everyone, before being killed in a needlessly brutal fashion barely 10 minutes screentime later. It has never been less than a harsh world, but Season 3's opening episodes felt like a lazy, crude attempt to inject tension and division into the status quo.

Now THAT was a classic episode of The 100.

I take it next week is the last one?

p.s. pretty sharp scalpel Abby had that it could cut right into Clarke's chest plate without even the slightest bit of force.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only got a chance to sit down and watch this week's episode now. Was on the edge of my seat for the entire final act - I have a horrible suspicion that a couple of my favourites might not make it through next week's season finale. Is it too much to hope that Jaha will be killed and the rest of them make it out alive?

• Advertisement

I have a weird feeling they're going to kill Clarke.

There's a few "spare" characters involved that could be killed off. Brian, is it? Miller's boyfriend, he was shot but they will get serous backlash if they kill a second gay
    character, Harper, Pike, Indra.

Jasper's actions this week explain why they had Monty and Harper hook up. Slightly lazy writing there again.

I agree that one of the gay couple, Monty's new beau and Pike are definitely the top picks for dying. I was surprised Ontari bought the dust but I can imagine they won't kill off Indra since she is the only named grounder character left. The backlash for Lexa's death was after they had finishied shooting so that won't have any effect on who is written off.

I'm not putting spoiler tags in this so if you haven't watched it yet don't read on.

I giggled through quite a lot of that City of Light stuff. Not sure it was supposed to be funny. Lexa slo-mo jumping down the steps to save Clarke, the kid on the bike etc. etc.

Decent enough finale otherwise. Glad to be rid of the AI stuff. Have to say I was pretty shocked with Octavia actually killing Pike. She seemed to regret cutting his leg earlier and it seemed like she was trying to get someone else to do the job for her. She's gone full rogue now!

The set up for next season is a weird one. How do they stop random power plants all over the world from exploding? Off the top of my head rebuilding Mt Weather is the only thing I can think of. Unless they're not planning on having a S5 and everyone just dies next year :D

Now that there's no Commander either I assume there'll be Grounder power struggles to go through next season too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I enjoyed it, but I'm also glad the AI stuff is over and done with. Wouldn't be too worried about the power plants being a big deal just yet since they're 6 months away from now and it's only been 6 months since they left the ark (that's including a time jump between season 2 and 3).

Were the steps where Lexa showed up and fought them lads in the City of Light the same steps that we always see in Central City in The Flash? Pretty sure iZombie filmed a couple of scenes there this year too.

Were the steps where Lexa showed up and fought them lads in the City of Light the same steps that we always see in Central City in The Flash? Pretty sure iZombie filmed a couple of scenes there this year too.

Probably. Most of The CW shows film in or around Vancouver. I was wondering how they got the budget to shut down a central part of the city but maybe they got a 3 for 1 deal on it, all the shows filmed there on the same day :D

Also, I laughed last week when Abby was able to stick her scalpel right into Clarke's chest without much effort, this week she full on cracked a chest with a tiny scalpel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Was an ok episode, was very dragged out though. I was just watching like, stop making out and listening to ALIE, pull the switch. Yes the world will be screwed in 6 months but ALIE can't fix it so turn her off, everything about her is bad. Not surprised at Pike but it kind of ruined the yay moment, after defeating ALIE.

They need to find a new night blood to help run simulations with Raven but a bone marrow transplant would work as it would make Clarke produce night blood on her own.

Next season has some potential but I'm not sure if its enough to keep me interested because the pacing was rather slow this season.

Yeah was not a bad episode but definitely the worst of the three season finales so far. They need to get back to more, pardon the pun, grounded storylines. I don't watch the 100 to watch a cheap rip-off of the matrix. I was a bit surprised at the lack of deaths in the finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Probably. Most of The CW shows film in or around Vancouver. I was wondering how they got the budget to shut down a central part of the city but maybe they got a 3 for 1 deal on it, all the shows filmed there on the same day :D

Also, I laughed last week when Abby was able to stick her scalpel right into Clarke's chest without much effort, this week she full on cracked a chest with a tiny scalpel!!

I'd say the town brings in a lot of custom, they'd be willing to do that?

After cutting open with a scalpel, it looked like there was a rib spreader, as i saw her cranking some device?

But thank fcuk that ALIE is over, i'd forgotten who it was til the end on the spaceship.

Wasn't expecting Octavia killing Pike & walking off, making it the last few scenes in the show? Definitely the worst ending of the last few seasons:(

I'm going to go against the grain and say that I actually found the finale pretty decent tbh, and when you consider the previous ones consisted of Clarke pulling a lever to cause a massacre, it was a nice counterpoint that she pulled a lever to save everyone's life. All the cast got to live (sorta) and in the long run, the emotional fallout that'll develop for all those people under Allie's influence could be more interesting than yet another story of mass murder. Constant murder-as-plot-resolution got very old, very fast with other shows like Game of Thrones so the change of pace in The 100 was appreciated. Mind you, I don't know how Jaha can possibly come back from all this tbh: I genuinely thought he was going to die, and as the chief human architect of all the misery, it's kinda all his fault.

Octavia killing Pike felt right too, and made for a good full stop on series 3. Just when it looked like the show was forgiving him for basically crippling the first half of the seasons narrative with his intransigence, he was offed methodically and without ceremony. He deserved it frankly, and certainly didn't deserve any form of 'showy' or dramatic death. He was shown the same unfeeling justice he met out to Lincoln and that seemed correct. We watched the actual heroes break free of the chip's control, and that freedom was earned, but Pike did everything on his own initiative.

My only quibble is that Polis has developed into a bit of a question mark and narrative wound: there's a massive power vacuum and no obvious Grounder leader. Add to that Polis' own emotional fallout from being under Allie's spell. In fact, aside from Emori, there's no named Grounder characters left on the show - that's a bit nuts! I genuinely thought Clarke was going to take the flame and become Heda & the natural bridge between Arcadia and the Grounders. I guess not - at least not yet.

I guess the nuclear reactors storyline is Season 4's path, presumably with Arcadia once more struggling to work with the Grounders, as Clarke preach doom on the horizon and her prophesies falling on deaf ears.

Overall, a very shaky, if not plain clumsy and badly written first half gave way to a more entertaining finish to Season 3, the show re-discovering the complexities and smarts it had previously exploded alongside Bellamy's cypher-girlfriend.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Mind you, I don't know how Jaha can possibly come back from all this tbh: I genuinely thought he was going to die, and as the chief human architect of all the misery, it's kinda all his fault.

In fact, aside from Emori, there's no named Grounder characters left on the show - that's a bit nuts! I genuinely thought Clarke was going to take the flame and become Heda & the natural bridge between Arcadia and the Grounders. I guess not - at least not yet.

Jaha has been a spare part since he built his own rocket and landed on Earth. He had no real purpose after they left the Ark and I can't see what they're going to do with him next season to make him relevant. The first half of this season where him and Murphy were off doing their thing was incredibly boring to watch. Even Murphy isn't that great a character. His constant sarcasm and eye rolling is annoying and I don't know how they are going to work him back into the plot, he's responsible for all of Raven's issues, right? He shot her?

Indra is still alive, so more than one named Grounder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Pike certainly had to go, as he was given the same justice he gave to Lincoln & thought Jaha was a goner as well:(

I suppose you normally got a cliff-hanger on the previous season finale's, this one you were expecting the same?

I suppose you normally got a cliff-hanger on the previous season finale's, this one you were expecting the same?

Yeah, I thought my download had cut off at the end when Octavia was walking away. It wasn't that much of a shock, she's had one foot out the Ark door most of the season. Her killing Pike wasn't that much of a shock either.

I suppose most of the episodes end on a cliffhanger so not really having one in the finale is a bit different. They did wrap up quite a lot and they set up quite a lot for next season, so job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Was I the only one convinced Jasper was about to commit suicide? That whole scene was very strange, especially that smile on his face and the way they shot it definitely seemed like what they were building towards.

I enjoyed the season as a whole but probably not as much as the second half of season one and season two. The season got a lot stronger when the originals from the 100 were back together. A lot of the AI stuff went over my head, I've never been particularly into sci-fi so it didn't particularly hold my interest but it did get a lot more exciting towards the end of the season then I thought it would. The whole Bellamy murdering 300 people was a massive misstep and it ruined his character for me. He switched to following Pike far too quickly and his attempts to justify it later in the season just didn't ring true to me. I'm quite annoyed that they did it because it was pretty similar to what they did to Finn last year.

I've been assured there's a Part 2 to this Panel on it's way - will post it here once it appears..

Anyone want to watch those videos for me and sum up any important news?

Anyone want to watch those videos for me and sum up any important news?

Describes what happened in panel
    http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/the-100-season-4-preview-cw-comic-con-panel-2016-1201820703/

Surprisingly insightful panel to be fair - some of the panels, although entertaining, don't often offer much information.

Good to hear about the casting that
    Roan is to become a main cast member, Indra has a deal in place for x amount of episodes so will be back, and that we're going to see Luna again

My favourite parts though were the alternate storylines that could have been with
    Kane being Octavia's father
    and
    Jasper killing himself after coming out of the city of light as an alternate Season 3 final scene

From what they said and hinted at about Season 4, it sounds promising, especially that the City of Light and ALIE are definitely done with.

And here we have Part 3 - the fan questions...

• Advertisement

Good to hear about the casting that
    Roan is to become a main cast member, Indra has a deal in place for x amount of episodes so will be back, and that we're going to see Luna again

I thought
    Roan was dead? Was he not seriously stabbed or beheaded or something when he was pretending to bring Clarke back as a prisoner?

Advertisement