Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When Jasper can get speared through back and it sticks out the front of his chest in the very first episode and live with no issues it's going to take a hell of a lot to kill off a main character.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

When Jasper can get speared through back and it sticks out the front of his chest in the very first episode and live with no issues it's going to take a hell of a lot to kill off a main character.

God I had completely forgotten about that. Goes to show how much the characters have developed, I remember being a bit sad when that happened as I had already begun to think he would probably end up being my favourite character. In fairness he probably is one my favourites now if only because he seems to have regained some semblance of a sense of humour. It's not like any of the characters are particularly likeable.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

FunLover18 wrote: »
    God I had completely forgotten about that. Goes to show how much the characters have developed, I remember being a bit sad when that happened as I had already begun to think he would probably end up being my favourite character. In fairness he probably is one my favourites now if only because he seems to have regained some semblance of a sense of humour. It's not like any of the characters are particularly likeable.

I can't stand Jasper at the moment. Every time he threatens to off himself I'm hoping he'll just get on with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah Jaspers arc has nosedived into an inescapable pit at this stage. His death wish persona just as grating as his morose one and really should be given the death he's craving. He adds nothing to the story or character dynamic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well there goes Plan B...

• Advertisement

Didn't see that coming.

I still think the other part of the ship they went to get the generator from will come into play again.

p.s. the promo for the next episode says March 15th, so no episode next week.

I forgot to add "getting blown up" to the list of things Octavia has survived.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah it all felt a bit Mount Weather part 2, hope snatched away by the lone actions of an unchallenged intruder.

One thought occurs though that of all the main cast, the writers have really made Raven suffer the most throughout, haven't they? Every physical and mental anguish possible has befallen her it seems, at this stage death would be charitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So do you think they'll have it patched up in time? :)

It's so easy to forget how young the main characters are meant to be. Octavia is only 17, I think.
    I guess that's why they killed off the really young characters. While a 30 year old gets away with being 17 for a long time, they'd have trouble finding someone to play 12 or 13 for a long period.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    It's so easy to forget how young the main characters are meant to be. Octavia is only 17, I think.
    I guess that's why they killed off the really young characters. While a 30 year old gets away with being 17 for a long time, they'd have trouble finding someone to play 12 or 13 for a long period.

Bar Bellamy everyone who was sent down in the original 100 were under 18, and given how little time has passed on the show, is it even a year, most of them are probably still only around the 18/19 mark. Were there ever any very young characters? Charlotte is the only one I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Renewed for a fifth season

What a weird feeling having all my fave shows renewed this year. There's only a handful of them but still, weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

F**k Yeah!!! :D:D:D:D

Kind of kills the anticipation a bit for the current story line though. Although I suppose it's possible that only a few survive the radiation and S5 is all about them living in an enclosed space.

Yeah I like good news but when the world is pretty much about to end and you know it's been renewed, it means it obvioulsly isn't ending. Of course we knew it wouldn't.
    It's like hearing someone has been cast on another series, like Alycia Debnam Carey being cast in Fear the Walking Dead meant her time was limited. Or someone who is seemingly killed or dying in a season finale cliffhanger being announced as promoted to sries regualr.

Kind of kills the anticipation a bit for the current story line though. Although I suppose it's possible that only a few survive the radiation and S5 is all about them living in an enclosed space.

Was about to post the same thing; it's a bit of a drama killer knowing now that while some will no doubt perish, the radiation will be beaten. Takes some of the tension away.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Was about to post the same thing; it's a bit of a drama killer knowing now that while some will no doubt perish, the radiation will be beaten. Takes some of the tension away.

In a perfect world, news of a show's renewal would not be revealed to the public until the end of the season, the same with casting of people in a different show than the one they are currently starring.

You'd wonder how they write a season when they don't know whether it'll be renewed or not. Especially these mid season shows that have finished filming before it even airs.

The CW sem to give shows that last longer than a season the chance to wrap things up even if not doing well in ratings, like Nikita.

I don't know why, because some crazy stuff has happened on this show, but I find the idea of them firing a rocket into space, cooking up magic blood, and flying the rocket back down to be beyond ridiculous.

• Advertisement

It does feel like there written themselves into a slight corner, the convenience of having a usable rocket and super-science genetics lab being more than a little contrived yet the only way around this particular problem.

Seems also like they're just ignoring the issue of all that irradiated water and plants that'll be inedible, but I guess one crisis at a time with this show!

I only noticed last week that the opening shot of the credits is the location they are going into the credits. Last week was the bunker and this week was Arkadia, including the destroyed Ark

Two things.

1 - All they need to do to survive is make lots of clothes out of whatever their underwear is made of. Not a single bum or boob was in need of washing after the rain.

2 - That house they're in survived the first nuclear war and however many years of fallout in tip top shape. Maybe they should move in there.

Haha yeah those boxers are indestructible. Never noticed how ripped even the ladies are in this; Harper & Octavua obviously work out. Ahem. So, the drama.

The AV club in their most recent review made a interesting note about how The 100 defaults to making evvvvvverything life and death, that it kinda neutralises the subtly or effect of these things. They're somewhat right IMO: this week's episode was a cracking one, great pace n all, but once more everything became yet another knife edge

The AV club in their most recent review made a interesting note about how The 100 defaults to making evvvvvverything life and death, that it kinda neutralises the subtly or effect of these things. They're somewhat right IMO: this week's episode was a cracking one, great pace n all, but once more everything became yet another knife edge

It does seem a little less subtle than it used to. Every week there's a moral dilemma driven by life and death situations but it feels like there's very little character work going on. Season 1 and 2 did that so well, it felt almost completely character driven whereas now it feels like nearly everything is structured around cliffhangers.

That said I did like the stuff with Bellamy trying to save those two randomers. I thought his relationship with Octavia was always one of the most interesting parts of the earlier seasons.

Isn't that whole bone marrow transfusion to survive thing what the mountain men were doing and they were the bad guys for it?
    Convenient that the other grounder showed up to become the guinea pig.

And poor guy having Octavia force herself on him.

Even leaving the ethical issues aside the bone marrow idea doesn't make any sense to me. They've implied they would need to inject themselves with it to survive but there's no way they could get that much bone marrow from yer woman to inject everybody.

Unless they're planning on replicating her bone marrow somehow.

Maybe the plan is to inject one person, wait till it works then take their bone narrow as well and so on. But don't it like that, one at a time would take too long, especially with only the one radiation tank. The whole thing makes no sense

So The 100 came back after the week off and I think we got the first vaguely hopeful ending to an episode in a long time. Abby''s rash decision in the lab was utterly bone headed and kinda came out of nowhere, but otherwise was a solid and fairly tense episode. Wish jasper would make good on his fatalism and top himself, he's quantifiably the weakest character at this point, serving no purpose.

• Advertisement

Next episode isn't until April 26th

Advertisement