Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Just watched the last episode there. Abby's meltdown was bizarre and incredibly selfish. She didn't even have the balls to inject Amarie, or however you spell it, but she was willing to wreck the gaff to stop Clarke going in the tank. She basically guaranteed Clarke will die by not letting Clarke die. Makes no sense.

I'm also confused about this bunker business. If that ends up being how they all survive then what was the point of all the lab stuff? Their need to keep characters separated is wearing a bit thin now. It occurred naturally in S1 and again in S2. S3 was somewhat of a reach but this season it just seems completely unnecessary.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Abbys action was a pretty blatant plot-mandated event. No rhyme nor reason but because the story needs crisis and resolution elongated, she decided to freak out. Totally out of nowhere and pretty sh*tty writing all told. A shame because I thought that episode was actually otherwise pretty decent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

And looks like the show is back after it's prolonged absence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Best episode since somewhere in Season 2, that has me desperately wanting to see next week's episode already...

Best episode since somewhere in Season 2, that has me desperately wanting to see next week's episode already...

I'm still pretty sick of the sad sacks at the Ark willing to just die especially this week as Bellamy said "now there's hope".
    I get Raven's reasoning for what she's doing and I was actually quite moved by her chat with Murphy before he left but the other morons just staying behind deserve a slow and painful death, as far as I'm concerned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm still pretty sick of the sad sacks at the Ark willing to just die especially this week as Bellamy said "now there's hope".
    I get Raven's reasoning for what she's doing and I was actually quite moved by her chat with Murphy before he left but the other morons just staying behind deserve a slow and painful death, as far as I'm concerned.

I can see where they're coming from though - sure they're overly whiny about it, but thinking about all the s*** they've gone through both before and since leaving the Ark, if I was in their situation I might have given up before now. Living in a bunker for 5 years with people who basically sentenced me to death not so long ago, would certainly be a final straw. Were I actually in such a predicament maybe I would be fighting to survive, but I can certainly see where Jasper, Harper and the rest of them are coming from.

I can see where they're coming from though - sure they're overly whiny about it, but thinking about all the s*** they've gone through both before and since leaving the Ark, if I was in their situation I might have given up before now. Living in a bunker for 5 years with people who basically sentenced me to death not so long ago, would certainly be a final straw. Were I actually in such a predicament maybe I would be fighting to survive, but I can certainly see where Jasper, Harper and the rest of them are coming from.

Maybe it's just being poorly executed. If you sit down and think about it there is a sensible argument for it but Jasper has just been whinging at everyone for about 3 years now, it's just a bit tired at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering at what point were they going to stop inviting people to join them. Like how many of Sky Kru then saying Tri Kru and Ice Nation can both join them.

Murphy was probably secretly disappointed they came back for him. "Damn it, you stopped me from living out my final days a happy man with these 2 women"

How many are in Jasper's group. Can't see them being too vital to the human race

I wonder what the set up for next season will be. The way I see it there's 3 options.

1 - the radiation doesn't come and everyone lives, which makes this entire season pointless.

2 - it's set entirely inside the bunker. I know it's a big bunker but could it really support a season worth of storyline?

3 - They skip 5 years and can leave the bunker again.

2 - it's set entirely inside the bunker. I know it's a big bunker but could it really support a season worth of storyline?

"Day 375 in the Big Brother Bunker..."
    They can kind of combine these 2 and show a summary of the bunker over the 5 years. Just do time jumps to either within a couple episodes or spread 5 years over a season.

But there has to be something about this winning team gets the bunker thing. It's obvious Skai Kru aren't going to be on their own. Maybe they win and invite others

• Advertisement

I wonder what the set up for next season will be. The way I see it there's 3 options.

1 - the radiation doesn't come and everyone lives, which makes this entire season pointless.

I think you're right with option 3. It gives the chance to soft reboot the whole dynamic and setting with relative ease. They kinda did it already last year when we fast forwarded to the new normal in Arcadia, so here they could reset the whole cast and their statuses at the drop of a hat.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But there has to be something about this winning team gets the bunker thing. It's obvious Skai Kru aren't going to be on their own. Maybe they win and invite others

Presumably Octavia is going to represent Sky Kru and I assume Indra for Tree, Rowan for Ice. I'd bet people will be making side deals all over the place. I can't see Octavia killing Indra and I'd say Rowan would be open to negotiations still. Don't kill Octavia, she won't kill you, last two standing, share the bunker.

Well that was a bloody good episode. Did not see that ending coming either.

Really enjoyed the Conclave - I expected both Roan and Octavia to survive, but in a way I'm glad that they let the conclave play out as it should and only one person walked away. Loved the twist at the end too.

Really enjoyed the Conclave - I expected both Roan and Octavia to survive, but in a way I'm glad that they let the conclave play out as it should and only one person walked away. Loved the twist at the end too.

I loved Luna just doing a 180 from pacifist to blood thirsty savage, or perhaps it was a 360.
    I was surprised by the twist, particularly that it was Clarke's idea. I kind of want next week to cover the same time frame as this week did but cover Clarke and Co coming to that decision.
    I'd also like to know did they send someone out to get Bellamy or was it pure chance that they ran into him outside? Were they going to leave him, Kane and Octavia to die?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the viewer numbers are downward season on season

921be84613e9504f4f6b5413b3d3af52.png

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

For the first time since probably season 2 I find myself still thinking about an episode a day later AND eagerly anticipating the next one.
    Only problem there is the promo pics for next week show they're going back to the sad sacks at the Ark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Octavia's speech at the end feels to me like that is the most she has spoken in one go since the first season.

Octavia's speech at the end feels to me like that is the most she has spoken in one go since the first season.

Yrah, usually it's just a series of annoyed grunts before storming out.

So, just thinking on the math here. IIRC, they said the radioactivity was due in 3 days, and we saw one nighttime during the Conclave. So that leaves approx 2 days, with 8 episodes left, right? That's some compressed schedule, unless they're doing some hops between different viewpoints.

Edit: nevermind, I confused the 100 as having 18 episodes, but it has only 13. That makes a bit more sense and I guess they'll end with the cloud arriving in the finale.

That was a great episode though, and didn't expect it to be such a bloodbath either. Not mad on the ending though, felt like Skycrew really have expended all remaining benefit of the doubt at this stage for the sake of the plot, they kinda deserve being left to rot.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    So, just thinking on the math here. IIRC, they said the radioactivity was due in 3 days, and we saw one nighttime during the Conclave. So that leaves approx 2 days, with 8 episodes left, right? That's some compressed schedule, unless they're doing some hops between different viewpoints.

That was a great episode though, and didn't expect it to be such a bloodbath either. Not mad on the ending though, felt like Skycrew really have expended all remaining benefit of the doubt at this stage for the sake of the plot, they kinda deserve being left to rot.

Initially I thought next week would cover the same time period as this past episode did, splitting where Clarke tells Bellamy he should go with Octavia and then she tries to bargain with Roan. I wanted to see the decision making process that led them to take the bunker, but now I'm not so sure we need to see it. Most of this season has been Clarke coming up with every increasing questionable ideas that fall through. It's not that surprising that she'd eventually take the decision that guarantees their survival. There's also the sad sacks back at Arkadia, there could be a whole episode covering the time period from their POV too, not that they'd be aware of anything that's happening in Polis. I also have a feeling Clarke's black blood will come into play again. Seeing Luna not bothered by the black rain during the conclave made me think we'll see Clarke running around outside again.

My love of this show was renewed this week and I've been looking at clips from previous seasons on Youtube. I didn't like last season as it aired but looking back on it now as a whole there was a lot of good character stuff. One bit that stuck out, in relation to this weeks twist, was when Bellamy allowed/helped Pike to massacre the grounder army outside Arkadia. When Clarke came back to talk to Bellamy she said they (her and Lexa) had sorted out the Ice Nation problem but now Bellamy had ruined it all with his actions. What Clarke has done here is almost the same. Although you can't blame her for not putting all their eggs in the Octavia basket she has essentially ruined the good work Octaiva, Kane and Bellamy were doing.

In a funny way it's almost like Bellamy and Clarke have slowly been trading places. Stealing the bunker is a total Season 1 Bellamy move.

Stealing the bunker is a total Season 1 Bellamy move.

I complete forget how much of an absolute dick Bellamy was in the beginning until you referred to him as "Season 1 Bellamy"... :D

I complete forget how much of an absolute dick Bellamy was in the beginning until you referred to him as "Season 1 Bellamy"... :D

The 100 has always felt like a show whose nominal lead character gets in the way of more interesting, complicated ones; Bellamy being a prime example. Maybe it's the calibre of actors, but Bellamy just seems like a richer, more interesting character than Clarke and her constant "why me?" demeanour. He's had arguably a more definitive trajectory, growing into the obvious next leader of skycrew. Same with Kane really: remember what a devious *sshat he was, compared with the positively zen, wise soul he is now?

Definitely think Clarke and her nightblood is a loose thread still in play. Presumably those in the bunker are fairly secure, unless the remaining clans decide to try and smoke them out ...

pixelburp wrote: »
    The 100 has always felt like a show whose nominal lead character gets in the way of more interesting, complicated ones; Bellamy being a prime example. Maybe it's the calibre of actors, but Bellamy just seems like a richer, more interesting character than Clarke and her constant "why me?" demeanour. He's had arguably a more definitive trajectory, growing into the obvious next leader of skycrew. Same with Kane really: remember what a devious *sshat he was, compared with the positively zen, wise soul he is now?

You could almost argue that Clarke/Abby and Bellamy/Kane have been having the exact same character progression throughout. Abby and Clarke were doing some very questionable things on Science Island and Abby only put a stop to it when she thought Clarke was in danger. Likewise Bellamy and Kane have gone from being the "bad guys" to being the voice of reason in many cases.
    I think the thing is though that Clarke was sort of thrust into the position of leader. Initially she was just trying to keep things clam in the original 100 camp but people were very willing to follow her. By the time the adults landed Clarke had already established some sort of communication with the Grounders and they were more willing to deal with her than with Kane or Abby. Bellamy has been lucky enough to have been given a slower learning curve when it comes to leadership. From relatively early in S1 he was also willing to follow Clarke and by S2 he's taking orders from her. But if you look at his arc in S3, when Clarke leaves, he takes massive steps backwards. Granted he learned from those mistakes but it took him most of the season to forgive Clarke for leaving and get back to helping her lead.
    I'm interested in where they're going with Clarke for next season. I have a horrible feeling they might kill her off :eek: but assuming she's still around it could be very interesting to see her forced to take a step back and reassess herself. Up until now it's been very easy to argue that her decisions have ultimately been right, even if they've been tough or resulted in deaths, but this one with the bunker just seems like a bad decision, and one that didn't really need to be made, unlike all her other massive decisions.

Still watching some older episodes and I'm surprised to find Finn isn't as annoying as I remember him being. I say "remember him" when really I completely forgot that he existed, poor chap :) He just seems kind of bland and pointless looking back at him now. He only really served as a counter to Bellamy's point of view, a purpose Clarke was already serving, and once Bellamy started to come around to Clarke's leadership style, which was like mid S1, Finn became completely redundant. His meltdown still seems way too rushed but looking at it now I think maybe they were going for what they've done with Jasper now, or even Octavia, except they've given almost 2 seasons to Jasper and Octavia's issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Aaaw dear. At least Jasper is dead. No doubt he'll be saved by some waffle.

I'm hoping Prime 'Fyaaaa' wipes most of them out and then the Death Wave culls the rest of them.

The Raven bit was ludicrous, absolutely ludicrous.

I'm a little confused by the logic of that whole episode.

Clarke quite reasonably states it'd be pointless to open the door and risk all of Skykru dying because none of the grounders would be able to run the place by themselves. Fine. However, quite early on Octavia tells them on the radio that she's managed to buy them time and that nobody upstairs knows that they stole the bunker yet. So..... why didn't they open the door there and then? I know ultimately Jaha was just about saving all of Skykru and screw everyone else so his logic stacks up but Clarke's didn't really. Unless Clarke was also thinking screw the Grounders, save ourselves.

Also, Jaha should be number one on the list to get booted out.

Also, also, I kind of hope Echo still gets to live in the bunker.

Well can't say I'm sorry to see Jasper go, but at the very least his scene with Monty was quite sweet and earnest all the same. I've hated on him before in this thread, but it always felt his character was basically irritating wise-ass which then becane morose buzzkill. He had been marked for death for some time IMO (heck in the first episode he got impaled)

Two episodes left then, what do we think? Jaha is another one overdue death, so I susoect he'll lose out, he should have died after causing the season 3 calamity. I do have this itching feeling episode 12 will be the "finale" for this story, and 13 will time jump to 5 years later so the season can end on the hatch being opened, with the cliffhanger being whatever surprise greets them outside...

I accidentally read a possible spoiler for the finale, which annoyed me, accidentally reading it, not the spoiler itself. I can't really see how it could play out though or what it would mean for next season either.
    I saw something else today about a certain cast member not being a regular cast member next season so who knows what that means for the character.
    Last week I kind of thought that Octavia might die. It felt like her story had come full circle, she had aligned the different parts of herself to do something incredible and ultimately good, she had honoured Lincoln properly with her actions and had kind of made up with Bellamy, or at least got to see that he had complete faith in her. This week though I'm thinking they won't kill her off as the Blake's relationship is one of the key relationships on the show.

One thing I'm confused about is what happened to the original inhabitants of this bunker? Has that been explained? Did they come out and become the Grounders? Do we even know the bunker worked?

• Advertisement

I thought they said previously that the bunker had room for 1200.

Glad Raven gets to live. At least until she gets to the bunker.

Advertisement