Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I thought they said previously that the bunker had room for 1200.

Yep - that hasn't changed. Luna was the last of her clan, so only 12 clans remain and each of them get 100 people each to go live in the bunker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah. For some reason I thought there were 5 clans. :) Got mixed up with something else obviously. Dunno how I could forget especially after last week's episode

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I wonder what they'll do with Amory and Nylah, is that her name, Clarke's Grounder pal. Neither of them are SkyKru, I can't see them getting a spot over someone who is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Further wondering leads me to think that Clarke's night blood will yet play into things, combined with the 11th hour cure for Raven. Not sure what exactly, but maybe Clarke will play martyr and venture out from the bunker, maybe Raven whipping up some more night blood and give the grounders a fighting chance...

pixelburp wrote: »
    Further wondering leads me to think that Clarke's night blood will yet play into things, combined with the 11th hour cure for Raven. Not sure what exactly, but maybe Clarke will play martyr and venture out from the bunker, maybe Raven whipping up some more night blood and give the grounders a fighting chance...

The promo for next week shows Clarke and some others in the radiation suits. I assume they are going to get Raven. Where that leads to I don't know. It seems unlikely they made Clarke a night blood just for that bit where they almost made her commander.
    Didn't Murphy or Amory mention there was a bunker on Science Island too? That might come into play if they go for Raven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Would it have really mattered if they made every one nitebloods . They established earlier in the season that the black rain is but a prelude to a prima fiya blast wave that will melt you to slag niteblood or not .

Would it have really mattered if they made every one nitebloods . They established earlier in the season that the black rain is but a prelude to a prima fiya blast wave that will melt you to slag niteblood or not .

You could maybe squeeze a load more people into the bunker for the initial "death wave" and then send the nightblood's out once it had settled a bit. You wouldn't have to sustain them all for the 5 years inside. Luna got sick when the rest of her people did so it's not like it protects you completely anyway.

Have a horrible feeling Clarke is going to die in the finale, either that or be left roaming the earth by herself for 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Really great episode there - it actually felt strong enough to be a Season Finale (but I'm glad we get more next week).

I love the idea of Clarke, Bellamy, Raven, Murphy, Emori, Monty, Harper and Echo heading up to the ark and then having equally compelling stuff happening in the bunker with Octavia, Indra, Kane, Abby, Jaha, Miller, Jackson and Niylah, and it would be great to see some of that play out for a couple of episodes next season before the (presumed and probable) time jump. It's a pretty even split of main and well established recurring characters in both locations, so should leave to good stuff even with the two groups split up like that for I imagine a very large chunk of Season 5.

So that's what the rocket was set up for...
    Gonna be a very uncomfortable trip with everyone in there plus the oxygenator thing.
    Though thought Clarke said she knew of a way to save everyone. Guess she just meant the ones with her.
    She'd better tell Kane to give away their spots.
    And I really want Jaha gone. Unfortunately he's there to mess things up again in the future.
    Of course, this could've all been avoided if Octavia had simply said "Right I won so all my people stay but 50 from other clans can join us."
    Raven needs to tell Abby how to cure herself anyway.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Of course, this could've all been avoided if Octavia had simply said "Right I won so all my people stay but 50 from other clans can join us."

This is the only thing that bothers me about this whole plot line. Given the Grounders were expecting to die unless their individual Champion won even getting 50 spots would have been a pleasant surprise.

I still have a feeling not everyone goes up in that rocket next week. Pretty much everything that was introduced earlier in the season and then written off has come back eventually, Clarke's list, the rocket, the bunker, so I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke's nightblood resistance does kicks in and there's some sort of complication that requires someone staying behind. She can hide in the Island bunker for a few months until the death wave passes and then wander around aimlessly for 4 and a half years.

I've had a feeling Clarke might actually die for a few weeks now but I'm not sure they'd actually kill off one of their leads..... or would they?

Assuming they make it into space I'm not sure how much of that we'll see, or the bunker for that matter. They may skip 5 years and show us that stuff in flashback like how they did in S1 with flashbacks to the Ark.

Unfortunately I have a family wedding next week so it's probably going to be Monday at the earliest before I can watch the finale. I AM RAGING! :mad:

P.S. What happened to Miller's boyfriend Brian? I know they fell out after Bellamy chose to rescue the people from the other Ark station earlier in the season but he hasn't been seen since. He was a semi regular character for the best part of a season and then he just vanished.

I've had a feeling Clarke might actually die for a few weeks now but I'm not sure they'd actually kill off one of their leads..... or would they?

P.S. What happened to Miller's boyfriend Brian? I know they fell out after Bellamy chose to rescue the people from the other Ark station earlier in the season but he hasn't been seen since. He was a semi regular character for the best part of a season and then he just vanished.

Well they killed off Finn and himself Clarke & Bellamy were pretty much the 3 main leads for the first season and a half, so it's not unthinkable that they'd do it again, but I think she's safe.

Yeah, I was wondering about Brian as well. Did he get killed at some point? Or should we assume he's still around somewhere? Every other recurring character is accounted for (well apart from Wyck, but I don't think he'll ever get mentioned again - wasn't he fired for posting racist tweets or something?). Maybe it's a scheduling thing and Jonathan Whitesell isn't available for filming, but they should at least mention where Brian is now, even if Miller is with Jackson now.

Yeah Wick was fired from the show but I'm pretty sure there was a brief mention of him at some point to explain why he and Raven weren't an item or something like that. I'm pretty sure Brian has never been mentioned since that last episode he was in.

I'm hoping they don't kill Clarke off but as you say they've killed leads before. I know it's an ensemble cast but there are certain characters the show just wouldn't work as well without, in my opinion, Clarke being one of them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well looks like Checkov's rocket will finally fire eh, but that potential ending now feels curiously underwhelming, not to mention a bit ... I dunno, mean, even by this shows standards. Bar a probable sacrifice to save the day, seems that all the cast will survive despite their hand wringing, while those genuinely innocent are going to die. Yeesh.

Still, very pacy episode all the same.

Well looks like Checkov's rocket will finally fire eh, but that potential ending now feels curiously underwhelming, not to mention a bit ... I dunno, mean, even by this shows standards. Bar a probable sacrifice to save the day, seems that all the cast will survive despite their hand wringing, while those genuinely innocent are going to die. Yeesh.

Still, very pacy episode all the same.

Well, the fact the "teens" are now heading for space means a few more people should get to live in the bunker. Although I'm fairly sure Harper wasn't on Clarke's list. So it's maybe only 4 extra spots. Speaking of the list, did anyone else think it was a bit cowardly of Kane and Co. to resort to Clarke's list in the end?

Was trying to think, Harper wasn't on the list due to a heriditary condition?

I don't think they use Clarke's list out of cowardice but more because they had to choose quickly and the list had some thought put into it. Just hope Clarke had all the children on the list.

I don't remember why Harper wasn't on it but I'm sure Clarke was saying something about prioritising young fertile women and stuff like that. I'd say she put serious thought into it.

Cowardice maybe isn't the right word. I just think it was a big deal that they had to resort to her list in the end. She was forced into it and took a lot of flack for it but in the end they had to use it.

Well, the fact the "teens" are now heading for space means a few more people should get to live in the bunker. Although I'm fairly sure Harper wasn't on Clarke's list. So it's maybe only 4 extra spots. Speaking of the list, did anyone else think it was a bit cowardly of Kane and Co. to resort to Clarke's list in the end?

Well I think less cowardly and more desperation; the raffle had been ruined by the brief rebellion, so they needed something and fast as time had run out. Clarke's list was presumably as brutally pragmatic as could be, so in the circumstances it was that or death for everyone.

With the scooby gang off to space, I still hold to my theory that season 5 will feature a timejump by approx 5 years. A whole season underground would be a bit limiting bar the endless grounder infighting, the same time onboard the station equally so. Seems like a perfect opportunity for a soft reboot of sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I don't remember why Harper wasn't on it but I'm sure Clarke was saying something about prioritising young fertile women and stuff like that. I'd say she put serious thought into it.

Cowardice maybe isn't the right word. I just think it was a big deal that they had to resort to her list in the end. She was forced into it and took a lot of flack for it but in the end they had to use it.

they missed an opportunity for a Dr Strangelove reference :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Well I think less cowardly and more desperation; the raffle had been ruined by the brief rebellion, so they needed something and fast as time had run out. Clarke's list was presumably as brutally pragmatic as could be, so in the circumstances it was that or death for everyone.

With the scooby gang off to space, I still hold to my theory that season 5 will feature a timejump by approx 5 years. A whole season underground would be a bit limiting bar the endless grounder infighting, the same time onboard the station equally so. Seems like a perfect opportunity for a soft reboot of sorts.

It's lucky for them someone brought the list in the first place. It became redundant once Arkadia blew up.

I think next year will be in the vein of S1. Time jump to when they're re inhabiting the earth and we'll see various flashbacks to what went on in the bunker/space/wherever else there may be characters.

• Advertisement

Just watching the trailer for the finale again and I noticed something. It's not really a spoiler but I'll put it in tags just in case.

There's a shot of
    Clarke standing up with a radio in her hand and she's dressed in sort of normal/grounder clothes, not the hazmat suits they've been wearing. She's also outside and the jeep thingy is behind her. Science Island is an island, so they can't have taken the jeep there, I assume. So is she back on the main land and is she 5 years later?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Any reason why Jaha was on the list? What skills would he bring to the table to to be automatically saved- definitely not leadership.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Any reason why Jaha was on the list? What skills would he bring to the table to to be automatically saved- definitely not leadership.

I think he was added as he was an engineer

So in 5 years they think all plant and animal life will be back?

Acually trying to think of the last time I saw an animal that wasn't a horse or what did Octavia's grounder friend have?

There was a giant gorilla at one point too. I actually saw a suggestion that the gorilla sneaks onto the rocket with them and S5 is like Alien with a giant mutated gorilla.

I assume they'll still use whatever system they're using in the bunker to grow food once they're able to go outside again. At least until the earth can actually support life properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time jump and a reboot ahead for next season.

Time jump and a reboot ahead for next season.

How do you figure a reboot? Felt like the fate of everyone was kept intentionally vague, as is the tradition with TV shows, in case of contract disputes hehe.

Surprising last moment which certainly raises many questions, not least what this 'Elegius'
    corporation are, why they'd need a prisoner transport or where they've been hiding all this time. It'll take some balancing to avoid them being Mount Weather pt 2...

Loved this finale - the back end of this season has been The 100 at its very best and I think this might be its strongest season finale yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Good finale but the show has really lost any appetite to kill any of the main group of characters. And Clarke now looks like an extra from Mad Max.

• Advertisement

And where did Maddie come from? At first I thought was her kid, but since we know she hasn't been that way inclined for a while, that's not the case. Also older than 6 years.

This prison transport is making it like Lost in how they just add to the cast even though there aren't meant to be any more people around. I'm guessing some or all of the 7 are on board and that's how the ship knew Earth was okay to visit.

Surprised we didn't see more of the bunker, but I guess it's better that we don't just get the usual fighting between clans.

Advertisement