Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ I would count Jasper as a minor character. He isn't in every episode, he isn't one of the people who drives the story.

The way I see it Bellamy and Clarke are the main characters. Octavia, Kane, Abby, Jaha and various others through the different seasons (Pike, Lexa, Lincoln, Rohan, Mt. Weather baddies) are close to main but not quite, the rest are minor characters. That's how I see it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭The Moleman

^ I would count Jasper as a minor character. He isn't in every episode, he isn't one of the people who drives the story.

The way I see it Bellamy and Clarke are the main characters. Octavia, Kane, Abby, Jaha and various others through the different seasons (Pike, Lexa, Lincoln, Rohan, Mt. Weather baddies) are close to main but not quite, the rest are minor characters. That's how I see it anyway.

A character doesn't need to be in every episode to be a main character.

Abby, Jasper, Kane, etc. all main characters because of their presence in the story and their the impact on it and they are listed as main cast members in the opening credits.

After that there are supporting characters like Miller, Echo, Indra, etc.

Minor are guys like Miller's father and the various other background characters who appear frequently but have no impact of the story.

Was anyone else annoyed at the fact that Jaha stirred up all that trouble in the second last episode and not only does he get to stay in the Bunker but he because guardian to the son of the guy he used to instigate the little rebellion. I like the character and didn't want him kicked out, but it was disappointing that the writers didn't put a bit of effort into a better explanation for why he gets to stay.

Jaha found the bunker, did he not? As much as I hate him it seems a reasonable thing that he gets to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jaha is a dick, but they'd be stupid to underestimate his value. He's clever and doesn't hesitate to make cutthroat decisions, or let emotions get in the way. It makes sense that they'd want to keep him around, even if they don't like him very much.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think Jaha has survived one season too many though; he effectively started the whole debacle with Ally, and acted as her primary zealot / chief priest too. I was honestly expecting some repercussions over this - particularly from The Grounders who would surely have had a more immediate, murdery response, but nope; he was a bit of a pariah for one episode, maybe two, then everything got back to 'normal'. It felt like one of the more egregious examples of The 100 keeping it's 'main' cast safe.

• Advertisement

I hated Jaha even in S1 but he at least served a purpose. Should have let him die on the Ark to save everyone else.

Jaha found the bunker, did he not? As much as I hate him it seems a reasonable thing that he gets to stay.

Maybe that is good reason to let him stay but after causing all the fuss the first place it should cost him his place.

Also after being so righteous about his people deserving the entire bunker, we should get an explanation for why he choosing to stay in place of one of the people he said were so deserving.
    Jaha is a dick, but they'd be stupid to underestimate his value. He's clever and doesn't hesitate to make cutthroat decisions, or let emotions get in the way. It makes sense that they'd want to keep him around, even if they don't like him very much.

He let his emotions get in the way this time. :)

The thing is that with the exception of Kane and Abby, everyone hates him and he has caused major problems since they came to the ground. The background Arcadian characters are petty and prone to turning on their various leaders, yet he hasn't faced any hassle at all.
    pixelburp wrote: »
    I think Jaha has survived one season too many though; he effectively started the whole debacle with Ally, and acted as her primary zealot / chief priest too. I was honestly expecting some repercussions over this - particularly from The Grounders who would surely have had a more immediate, murdery response, but nope; he was a bit of a pariah for one episode, maybe two, then everything got back to 'normal'. It felt like one of the more egregious examples of The 100 keeping it's 'main' cast safe.

This is what I've been trying to say (thanks for doing it for me ;))

Jaha has never faced repercussions for anything he has done like Clarke, Bellamy, Abby, etc. a

I don't want the character out of the show but I want him to be treated properly and not there to be there and cause the occasional hiccup.

The main cast are safer than the supporting and minors, but they've killed a few of the main characters over the four seasons.
    I hated Jaha even in S1 but he at least served a purpose. Should have let him die on the Ark to save everyone else.

Everyone has served a purpose except Jasper :P

Hate is a strong word. Jaha is a character that I enjoy not liking very much and you never quiet know what he is going to do. I just want the writers tp pay a little more attention why he gets to walk about unscathed.

Hate is a strong word. Jaha is a character that I enjoy not liking very much and you never quiet know what he is going to do. I just want the writers tp pay a little more attention why he gets to walk about unscathed.

Nah, I just find him pointless. It's like they're constantly trying to force him into the plot and I find myself tuning out when it goes to him. Especially in S2, was it, when he and Murphy were on their quest to find the City of Light. I've never found him strong enough as a character to care about him as a villain or otherwise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Nah, I just find him pointless. It's like they're constantly trying to force him into the plot and I find myself tuning out when it goes to him. Especially in S2, was it, when he and Murphy were on their quest to find the City of Light. I've never found him strong enough as a character to care about him as a villain or otherwise.

Ah yes the journey to the City of Light; a vast trek across ruins and desert, taking the lives of all his posse... ... until this season when Skykrew & pals started making breezy trips to and from the mansion without hassle, that had also conveniently relocated itself to a quiet forest ringed island

Ah yes the journey to the City of Light; a vast trek across ruins and desert, taking the lives of all his posse... ... until this season when Skykrew & pals started making breezy trips to and from the mansion without hassle, that had also conveniently relocated itself to a quiet forest ringed island

Ha! In the finale they had what, 20 something hours? which was just enough time to get there and back. I suppose the fact that they had wheels and knew exactly where they were going knocked a day or two off their travel time. I suppose in S2 the episodes were taking place over the space of a few hours, or a day at most, but still, Abby and co needed a boat to get there at the start of S4.

• Advertisement

Jaha was searching because he didn't know the way which is why he ended up in a desert. He then found someone who lead him to the island, and the the islands was surrounded by a forest in Season 2.

New season doesn't start until April 24th. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

New season doesn't start until April 24th. :(

Ah balls, I was hoping for an early March return... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Looks good.

Ooohhh, exciting!

Was the dialogue always that clunky? Some of the lines from that trailer sounded ... well, hoary at least. Family looks out for each other - who knew!!

Anyway, looks like that ship seen at the end of Season 4 was just a shuttle, and there's a fully on cruiser or something in orbit now; that's verrrry interesting; the prison ship & hardass female captain reminds me a mix between the Astral Queen from BSG (prison ship that goes independent), and Admiral Cain from that same show.

Also, also: feels like the trailer is hinting that there might be something alien in the ship; certainly something wriggling under someone's skin, and I think I saw tentacles thrashing about during another passing moment.

Maybe the dialogue just sounds clunky because it's cut out of context to fit the trailer?

It appears like those on the Ark aren't receiving Clarke's transmissions, Bellamy mentions her being dead.

It looks like they're all reunited quite quickly, or I'm hoping they are and it's not scenes from episode 10 or something in the trailer.

Maybe the dialogue just sounds clunky because it's cut out of context to fit the trailer?

It appears like those on the Ark aren't receiving Clarke's transmissions, Bellamy mentions her being dead.

It looks like they're all reunited quite quickly, or I'm hoping they are and it's not scenes from episode 10 or something in the trailer.

Yeah possibly; I'm also just a little burned-out from that kind of trite dialogue after a whole season's worth of it in The Gifted; that show started out great, but after 10+ episodes of "...we're a family, we stick together...", "...this isn't just war, this is survival...", my eyes just naturally twitch when I now hear variations of it :D

Yeah possibly; I'm also just a little burned-out from that kind of trite dialogue after a whole season's worth of it in The Gifted; that show started out great, but after 10+ episodes of "...we're a family, we stick together...", "...this isn't just war, this is survival...", my eyes just naturally twitch when I now hear variations of it :D

Well there's the old saying "show don't tell". I know sometimes a TV show that has a lot going on doesn't always have time to be subtle but there are quite a few that over egg the pudding with dialogue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

What an odd promo. Completely out of sync with anything they've done for the show before.

It's a good promo to entice newbs to binge-watch on Netflix or whatnot; if that came on in the cinema before a film or you stumbled across it online, it would definitely pique ones interest...

Well, that was really weird. Not even conceptually similar to the actual show.
    It's a good promo to entice newbs to binge-watch on Netflix or whatnot; if that came on in the cinema before a film or you stumbled across it online, it would definitely pique ones interest...

Were that true, maybe a more useful promotion for newcomers would be to suggest viewers give it 5/6 episodes first before the proper show kicks in. 'Cos that first half of season 1 ... ;):D

Were that true, maybe a more useful promotion for newcomers would be to suggest viewers give it 5/6 episodes first before the proper show kicks in. 'Cos that first half of season 1 ... ;):D

:D That's fair...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Back tonight in the States

So happy this is back - easily the show I most look forward to every season for the past few years. Solid premiere and now I'm pumped for the rest of the season.

Bit of a boring 1st episode, I think, but it did set up the rest of the season I suppose so can't complain too much. I hope they get the groups reunited pretty quick though because the main issue I've had with other seasons is the splitting of time per episode between the various threads, especially when some of the threads were beyond boring i.e. Jaha and everything Jaha related.

Apparently Rothenberg is getting a load of abuse over
    Bellamy and Echo being romantically involved. Like they expected him to just sit in space for 6 years twiddling his thumbs.

I'd forgotten how annoying the "fandom" that comes with this show are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A bit Meh really.

Advertisement