Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Who are is the new group? Where did they come from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Keplar240B wrote: »
    Who are is the new group? Where did they come from?

The ship is part of the eligius corporation that transported prisoners to the Asteroid Mining Penal Colony. They left earth before the first nuclear apocalypse. So basically they are all criminals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

When's it back on E4?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

When's it back on E4?

May 5th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A strong start to season 5, that time jump was a good idea; in effect it's a total narrative blank slate, not to mention a good excuse to finally have its cast play closer to their actual age instead of 'teenagers' (eg Eliza Tailor being 28), so it came off more like a pilot than anything else. And with the bunker looking to be in Grounder-fuelled chaos, good to see how the more things change on this show ...

• Advertisement

I've been waiting since season 1 for
    Jaha to die, thank god it finally happened.

Interesting doing an entire episode in the bunker, felt it dragged a bit in places but probably the best way of setting the pieces in place for it all to continue in the present now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

As Octavia is my favourite character, I thoroughly enjoyed that episode.

As Octavia is my favourite character, I thoroughly enjoyed that episode.

I do find she becomes more and more interesting as the show progresses. She's probably had the most growth as a character over the series and she's slowly made her way from supporting character to a very important lead. This whole bunker plot wouldn't have held attention without her there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Cool. They usually leave it late with this show to renew.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I am a teensy, tiny bit sick of folks on this show declaring variations of "we have to protect our people" before ensuring a bunch of extras in the background get brutally cut down :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally caught up. Thought it would be a chore to get through the 3 episodes, but was easy to watch one after the other.

I was wondering why Raven had left the console even though she knew someone was trying to access it.

Anyone else think Indra's daughter looks like Ruth Negga?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

pixelburp wrote: »
    I am a teensy, tiny bit sick of folks on this show declaring variations of "we have to protect our people" before ensuring a bunch of extras in the background get brutally cut down :D

The default position of rushing to wipe out any other group is getting a bit old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just caught up on a few episodes of the new series, tis a bit crap say the least.

I've only caught up on the first 3/4 episodes of Season 5, and tbh I've begun to tire of the show a little; am I the only one? This thread generally has its usual contributors but you've all fallen silent lol.

You can really tell The 100's a CW show because it's so wedded to its tonal / thematic template, the saminess and repetition has really started to stick out, to the series' detriment. The prison ship is kinda cool - and once more evokes BSG - but as usual they're a faction of assh*oles, once more Skykru is a hot mess, we get the requisite speeches about surviving / protecting your own etc. etc.

I still enjoy it overall, but it has become a much less essential in Pixeburps Big List of Shows to Watch :)

Personally, I think it's the best season since season 2 and it's still one of my favourite shows on TV.

I'm struggling with it a bit. Watched the first 2 eps and then actually forgot about it for ages. Caught up on All 4 there as far as they've aired but I can't say it's gripping me at all. That said I think this happened most seasons for me and by the end of them I'm back on board 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's OK but I think it needs to re-invent itself a little better. Current season is entertaining but it has lost a lot of what made it great and it's getting stale.

Deadly to see Ivana Milicevic in it though. She was great in Banshee.

Looks like the season's on a break; all caught up and to be fair the pace remains punchy, but even the show knows the cycle is getting stale, with Monty voicing what some have said here. It's just a continuous loop of war, survival, war. Octavia's rise to power was interesting but she's so doggedly unyielding I kinda want her to get bumped off. She reminds me a little of Stannis from Game of Thrones: so stubborn and harsh the character has nowhere to go. In fact she's kinda the season villain, and far more bloodthirsty than the ostensibly criminal Diyoza, herself getting some layers that might make her Kane v2: starting off the villain only to morph into a reluctant leader.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Looks like the season's on a break

It’s back next week and I think that was the last of the breaks.

• Advertisement

I'm hoping we get to see Vincent unleashed at some point.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm hoping we get to see Vincent unleashed at some point.

Yeah, he's kind of Chekhov's Serial Killer at this stage; anytime he has appeared in an episode I've wondered if this might be the point he gets loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They should put this show out of it's misery already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I have to agree the plot has gotten very stupid this season. I still find it watchable but they have really made certain characters like Octavia very unlikeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

I’m still enjoying it. They do something new every season and I found it keeps it fresh.

I don’t think Octavia is supposed to be likeable this season. The main issue is that the 1 flashback episode they did wasn’t really enough to communicate why she is the way she is now. You have to remember 5 years have passed.

I think that flashback episode did a good job establishing the harsh decisions needed to keep the bunker together and avoid catastrophe, and indeed why Octavia was the right person to act as the unifying figure - but I had honestly thought perhaps she'd be playing a role, with some lingering sense of her humanity and empathy parcelled away for the greater good. Nope, she's just a psycho now, Bellamy's pleading over his sister just ring a bit hollow.

The episode this week is called The Dark Year so it looks like we will finally find out what the hell happened. I think this is also what caused Abby to become a addict.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

This show is ridiculous they keep letting the same numptys who make just plain awful decisions when in charge lead again and again . When Octavia burned the crops to force everyone to see things her way , the collective would have en mass just murdered her .

Also having forced the deaths of 400 (roughly one third ) of the bunker people during her reign how come there is not a faction dedicated to killing her as soon as they are out ? Surely somebody who lost a loved one would be hunting her down once they are out .

The episode this week is called The Dark Year so it looks like we will finally find out what the hell happened. I think this is also what caused Abby to become a addict.

Saw that name and got mixed up with the Year of Hell episodes of Voyager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Oh right, I thought they’d pretty much explained that but I guess there’s something deeper there.

Advertisement