Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Oh right, I thought they’d pretty much explained that but I guess there’s something deeper there.

Well I guess we know why everyone in the bunker is so dour now......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I still think Octavia's plan to burn the farm was monumentally stupid despite the difficult decisions she had make in the five years. Shaping up to be a good end to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that was the final year in the bunker?

I can see at least 1 of the 6 from the Ark dying in the next 2 episodes. Echo seems likely.
    Octavia is actually a possibility as well since not sure where her character can go now. But I guess that's been this series in general, not knowing where they'll go next and then doing something unexpected.

Wonder why, even though she's been in it from season 1 with her role growing each season, Adina Porter hasn't made it into the opening credits.

I'm actually finding Madi annoying now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »

I don’t think it was the final year. From what I understand, the farm couldn’t support them for the 6 years so they had to turn to another method of food for a year to let the farm grow enough for the other years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I don’t think it was the final year. From what I understand, the farm couldn’t support them for the 6 years so they had to turn to another method of food for a year to let the farm grow enough for the other years.

Yeah I took it was a blight and the farm needed a year to recover on the protein side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I think they said it was Year 3 of the bunker that it happened.

I think this episode kind of explains why Octavia burned the farm. In her mind, relying on what was grown was what led to cannibalism. Then with Monty saying about possibly taking a year, it pretty much drove her to it. Reflected in the "taking away their choice" remark in both times. Not saying it was right or smart but explains why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

I think a lot of it also had to do with the fact that her people endured so much (and she endured so much for them) that for them to live in a crappy wasteland on scraps wasn't good enough to justify all the terrible things they did. It's not enough for them to just survive, they have to thrive, otherwise she's become a monster ("already dead") for nothing.

I'm guessing her ultimate intention is to either die in the battle or fall on her own sword immediately after delivering her people to the promised land. By that point, they'll be safe and able to thrive— there will be no need for a Blood Queen, and she can die in peace and/or stop suffering the guilt of all the terrible things she did.
    Side note: what was with the chunks of people? Could they not have at least attempted to present it cooked and in broth or something? Picking up a big chunk of raw-looking meat and biting into it would surely be much harder psychologically? It's interesting that this is a big secret kept by all the bunker inhabitants and it's only coming out now, though.

Didn't see that ending coming. Do ye reckon Kane and Diyoza are going to double-cross McCreary or has Kane finally had enough of Octivia's behaviour?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Wonder why, even though she's been in it from season 1 with her role growing each season, Adina Porter hasn't made it into the opening credits.

She's still not "main" cast. It seems pretty dumb but it's like zero hour contracts, I suppose. She's a supporting character rather than main, they don't have her in a certain amount of episodes and they can drop her any time they like. I'm sure this was/is the case with a lot of the cast, given how many people play a role in one season or maybe 2, but it does seem kind of ridiculous with Indra now.

I can't see where the plot can go next season. Given the preposterous notion that only one valley is habitable in the whole planet where can the next protagonist come from?

• Advertisement

I can't see where the plot can go next season. Given the preposterous notion that only one valley is habitable in the whole planet where can the next protagonist come from?

The ship Raven can't access the information about. They've made it very obvious very far in advance this time, I think. I'm just waiting for them to show up— presumably scientists or some kind of black ops mission, but they will obviously have a tech level up on the current crowd to follow the usual pattern.

I also find it kind of mad that the one habitable place on Earth just happens to be a few days walk from Polis, but whatever. Also Monty still has some of the algae, so even through Octavia burned the farm, they'll be able to cultivate outside the Valley eventually.

Well only one episode to go now and they have really ruined a number of characters this season including Clarke, Abbie and Kane. I don't think they will kill any of them but will instead exile them possibly to Polis.

There's the child murdering, child torturing show we know and love.
    It is crazy what they're allowed to do when even movies are afraid to do such things.

As for characters being ruined, I think they've too many characters and a lot are fan favourites that they don't want to kill. Happens a lot of shows where there's a high body count yet the characters survive. Like Walking Dead.
    I do expect at least one to die in the finale.
    Have they said if next season is the last? If it is then all bets are off for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Folk get up from the battlefield and get sniped immediately, Octavia gets up and somehow starts picking them off at range and doesn't get shot herself lol. Roll on the finale.

I hope they keep Diyoza around she has been a good addition. kane I think will be the one to go this season.

Good episode overall: I liked seeing Octavia realise, at last, that she had irreparably screwed up, and Clarke's reaction to the news that Bellamy was alive was great. I was happy to see Abby kick get addiction finally, but was still able to fry old Hannibal Lecter when the situation called for it. She's gotten a bit more callous, but that's a positive given where they are. I refuse to believe Kane is dead until we get further info— he's my favourite, and next season would be smaller and weaker without him, IMO.

Predictions for the finale—

I notice Elegius Three was mentioned again in reference to "rebuilding the human race"... I'm betting they're science colonists of some sort. Maybe they're terraforming some other planet and we're going to move there next, or they're going to arrive back with more people than the valley can sustain once the two current groups stabilise into one again? Maybe they were at this point leaving it open in case this season was the last and they could have the E3 people terraform this planet so it's habitable again?

Quite a few people could still die before the end of the season. Kane, Gaia, and Miller are all on death's door, the latter two in a situation where there are no medical supplies. Raven and Shaw are in trouble, as well, but those all seem too obvious.

Of the long-termers, my money is on Octavia (in a less heroic/redemptive manner than she tried to here), Echo (to clear a path for Bellamy and Clarke to finally get together), or Raven (because this show has always been terrible to her).

Short-termers: McCreary has to bite it for a true feeling of victory and to leave room for a new baddie next year. It looks like we're going to see a redemption for Abby, which is probably a fake-out. Madi dying would put Clarke in a terrible position, and the whole "not possible" thing seems like tempting fate on this show. (It could be Clarke who dies, but would they really?) Diyoza might be in some danger too, as she could probably deal with the new Elegius Three people better than anyone, so of course they'll want that resource taken out of play.

We'll find out next week, I suppose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

A few episodes behind the rest of the planet, but finally got to the 'year in hell' and what I had guessed the bunker had descended to way back at the start. The arbitrary gear changes in characters would give you whiplash sometimes; Kane in particular bounces from one end to the other, it's hard to keep up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

And another
    Time Jump
    for next season however this time it's going to be
    in a Galaxy far far away

Hopefully that will give it something fresh to play with next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Last 10 minutes or so of the finale definitely got me in the feels...
    RIP Monty & Harper - you deserved better, but welcome Jordan Jasper Green!!!

Read an interesting (but long) article reviewing the finale and putting the season as a whole and its themes in perspective and it pretty much echoes my own thoughts on the season and how Season 6 could shift the show in a new (and necessary) direction... https://www.hypable.com/the-100-season-5-finale-damocles-part-2-review-good-guys-finish-last/

If this had been the final episode of the series and not just the season finale, I would've been happy with how the show ended, but I'm along for the ride, however long it goes for, and I'm looking forward to next season.
    End Book One

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Great finale bring on next season. Loved the fact Monty kept the algae the whole time.

Glad that most of the main characters survived and can't wait to see how the dynamic changes next year

• Advertisement

I have a feeling that next season could be the last. They are slowing getting rid of the side characters that were there at the start and all they all left with now are fan-favourites who I think the writers are too scared to kill off.

I have a feeling that next season could be the last. They are slowing getting rid of the side characters that were there at the start and all they all left with now are fan-favourites who I think the writers are too scared to kill off.

Complete opposite. Mark Pedowitz who is the president of The CW said that he doesn’t see it ending anytime soon. Also The CW always give plenty of notice if a series is going to end, look at iZombie, Crazy Ex girlfriend and Jane the Virgin.

Really enjoyed that— not entirely surprised by the ending, but surprised by the mechanism by which it came.
    Delighted not too many people got bumped off! Will be interesting to find out if the crew of E3 are down there and if they're going to kick off. Also will be interesting to see how well the former prisoners integrate into Woncru. Delighted Octavia didn't die and might get some form of redemption in the future, and I'm hopeful Kane will live to see another day. Will miss Monty a lot— he's been a stalwart since the beginning, and his calming presence will be a loss. His son seems fun, though, so I look forward to seeing him. Glad Diyoza is still around, too, though I'd have liked to know for sure that McCreary bit the bullet and not just the back of Clarke's shoe.

End Book One? Ambitious, after so many seasons. Dying to see where it goes, anyway.

Only got watching now and so had seen Monty was leaving the series. Expected him to be killed but thought it was a nice sendoff for him. Though why he didn't go into cryo, I don't know. I assumed someone would need to stay awake, but then Jordan was in cryo as well.
    And surely doing shifts would've been the best way.

Happier ending than expected overall. Thought more would die. And seeing the words at the end made me wonder how much was preplanned and how many books they have?

I expect the crew from the other ship have been living there somehow and we could get something similar to season 1.
    I do wonder if they'll go the route teased in season 1 with strange creatures on the new place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

That is a pretty ingenuitive way to give the show some legs , in fairness as much as I give out about the show they have never rested on their laurels and have found a way to give each new season a fresh outlook.
    This gives them so many possibilities for next season , looking forward to it .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Credit where credit is due, that was a strong finale and left the show suddenly feeling fresher and more invigorated than it had at the start. Quite a bold step taken too when you get down to it; the
    second time-jump could have just stayed on a revitalised earth, but it was a ballsy move to send the survivors across the galaxy to a new planet. It'll push the budget, depending how 'alien' they make this world.

The trick now is to actually do something interesting with this premise, and not just slip back into the tired circle of war-genocide-war. That arc is totally played out IMO, but I'm hopeful they take the opportunity to change the record a little.

Presumably
    the Elegius 3 crew are living on their New Caprica, with Clarke et al once more becoming the 'invaders'. Would be cool if the setting was a little more urban next time, instead of everyone running around the Canadian forest for 13 episodes

Returns on April 30th

I was thinking that was late but last year was April 24th

• Advertisement

100-season-6-key-art.jpg

Advertisement