Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I suspect this new alien planet will look suspiciously like a patch of Canadian forest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That looks ... a bit meh? The red sun feels like a Trek plot with 100 style grittiness, the rest seems a bit .. ehhh? I dunno, maybe I'm just a bit blown out by this shows dramatic loop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see the first 2 episodes of season 6 are available now. I've enough to keep me going for now so will hold off

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I see the first 2 episodes of season 6 are available now. I've enough to keep me going for now so will hold off

Same here plus you would have to wait at least a month for the third episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The trailer did not look great but i enjoyed the first episode that leaked. I will try not to watch the second one for a while.

Season 6 starts next week and the CW have already renewed it for a Seventh season

It's baaaaack

Well that was bad timing for landing. Also, I'm no expert on visiting alien planets/moons but I don't think my first night would be spent in the open on a beach

Watched the first episode and I think I'm done. The constant, literal tribalism and infighting is played out for me. Against all odds, everyone gets a miraculous second chance, on an ALIEN PLANET, and the writers can't even fake turning over a new leaf for a single episode. The cast immediately at each others' throats against this backdrop rings hollow and contrived - not to mention the bad writing with their exploration on a hostile world.

I think it was AV Club that said this show seems incapable of ever dialling back from a default of "life and death" at every conceivable turn, and it can be a bit tiring to watch; Mount Weather, arguably the strongest arc, dripfed the tension until everything coalesced.

This was one of my favourite shows but seems incapable of growth. I'll come back if I hear things change mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

That got back on track fast. Good episode has me hooked back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I haven't seen the latest episode but having watched the first three, while watchable, this constant predictable cycle is wearing extremely thin and the show is completely losing what made it so good in the first place.

It needs to either radically reinvent itself or just move quickly towards an end-game now. Don't get me wrong, it's still OK viewing, but if it goes on much longer it'll end up in the sin-bin of shows that went on far too long and severely dented their legacy.

Watched the first three episodes and have to agree that this season so far is pretty weak. The constant bickering and down right hatred between some of tje characters, although justifed, is boring. I like a lot of the characters like Diyoza, Murphy and Clarke is less annoying this season but the plot so far is not very engaging. Typical CW show going on too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I too was feeling a tad jaded after the first three episodes, but the last 5 minutes or so of episode four is a game changer and the show has managed to regain my interest once again. If its executed right, the rest of the season could be The 100 at its best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭geecee

I gave up this after S03E03 I had really enjoyed 2 seasons but found my interest waning towards the end of season 2 and into season 3

Is it worth going back and continuing with seasons 3-6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Just watched the latest episodes and even by the 100's standard it has gotten pure silly, stupid even.

I thought last season was a return to form but im struggling with this season. The last episode particularly had a number of characters acting like idiots

Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley who play Clarke and Bellamy just got married

Never knew they were a couple in real life, guess that explains the chemistry they've always had lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eliza Taylor and Bob Morley who play Clarke and Bellamy just got married

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Well that was unexpected, was wondering how they would handle the Kane storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

At least they get to end it on their own terms. Also the final season will have 16 episodes and will end on episode 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

Season 7 confirmed as the final season.

Good. S6 is kinda alright in some ways but the show has been moving sideways the last few seasons.

Up until S3 or so it was genuinely gripping and compelling, the Mount Weather stuff was fantastic, then it got stale extremely quickly as they looked to bloat the narrative out and the whole moral grey area that made it so good disappeared in favor of cliche good/bad roles.

So yeah happy enough to see it end on S7.

Only watched the first of the new season then decided to let them build up. So will move on to it after I finish Warrior.

Alright finale but sets up an interesting final season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

6th season starts on Wednesday September 4th at 9pm on E4

Caught up over the past week.

Season spoilers blow:
    I was just saying to someone during the week how all main characters seem too safe now, then they kill a couple off. Though I was wondering why Henry Ian Cusick was in the opening credits when the first time we got to see Kane this season, I think, was in another body.

As for that, I dislike when shows kill off main characters but keep the actors. I don't mind when the death is final and the actor is kept around with an alternate version of the character but for something like this where we had Clarke seemingly killed but still having her body gave hope she could come back, which happened. But then you have Abby. Like when should fans be upset at someone being killed if the body is still there.
    Other examples are Angel with
    Fred
    or Lost with
    Locke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Alaina Huffman joins the cast for the final season I think this is her first role in about 5/6 years after nearly a decade of being the go to sci-fi genre actress

• Advertisement

The CW has ordered a backdoor pilot for a prequel spinoff of The 100 set 97 years before the events of the original series. The “planted pilot” would air as a regular episode of The 100 during the show’s upcoming seventh and final season.

Written by The 100 boss Jason Rothenberg, the potential series would begin in the aftermath of the nuclear apocalypse, and follow “a band of survivors on the ground as they learn to cope in a dangerous world while fighting to create a new and better society from the ashes of what came before.”

Advertisement