Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dunno if I can be bothered with a spinoff.

This is the second CW final season to spend an episode on a backdoor pilot. Wonder if Supernatural will do the same with a third attempt at a spinoff

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It doesn't need a prequel, I thought the show doled enough info on the before times without handwaving away the resting status quo. Heck we dipped into the past a few times already. Plus there's the obvious redundancy of prequels in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The prequel show will weirdly be called Anaconda. It will air as part of the final season on The 100

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

What a waste of time. Would epsecially avoid if it has same writers as the last season that was very disappointing. The 100 was quite original, a prequel would not be.

CW went a good while where they were doing surprisingly good series. Now they seem to rely heavily on spinoffs. All the arrowverse shows, Vampire Diaries spinoffs, an upcoming Riverdale spinoff and this. Yet their longest running scripted series had 2 spinoffs not picked up, though Wayward Sisters could've been decent

• Advertisement

Final season will premiere on May 20th and the final episode will also be the 100th episode

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

I am just looking forward to it being over and done with at this point. The last few seasons haven't been great but I thought it was still fairly compelling until Season 6, which was particularly just....really awful.

I still want to know how it all ends up and where the characters go, but the drop in quality last season really hurt my enthusiasm for this show. Seasons 4 and 5 were a little stale and lacking the real edge of earlier seasons but still not bad.

Last season....was just completely silly and really poorly put together. Hard to believe it's even the same show that we had in S1-S3. I watched that promo above and it doesn't really fill me with any confidence that it's back on track.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yup, skipped Season 6 after being very much done with the constant cycle of Constant Life & Death; as with a lot of genre CW shows it got really stuck within its own premise & formula. I'll keep an eye on how the remaining cast see out the finale but not inclined to watch the final season in total.

Haven't watched the promos but I hope since it's the final season they decide to go with a no one's safe approach.
    It's a 16 episode season with 1 episode dedicated to the prequel series.
    Must watch a recap of season 6. I've a vague recollection of where we left off but just a refresher.

While the early seasons surprised me with how good they were I stopped watching for a while around 4 or 5. But caught up again.
    It's now a series that I watch but between seasons I'm not excited for, in the sense I'm waiting for a return date.

But the women are easy on the eye. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Haven't watched the promos but I hope since it's the final season they decide to go with a no one's safe approach.
    It's a 16 episode season with 1 episode dedicated to the prequel series.
    Must watch a recap of season 6. I've a vague recollection of where we left off but just a refresher.

While the early seasons surprised me with how good they were I stopped watching for a while around 4 or 5. But caught up again.
    It's now a series that I watch but between seasons I'm not excited for, in the sense I'm waiting for a return date.

But the women are easy on the eye. :)

Here's a video that gives a good idea of what happened last season. The second half is just theorise

Good premiere . Looks like they are going full on scifi now

I don't know why, but even though they've been there from season 2, I've never really thought of Echo and Emori as main cast members. To me, the main cast are the originals.

The second episode catching up with Octavia was good.

The whole nuclear reactor in this episode seemed to just be there to give the cons a reason to revolt. And I guess some development for Raven

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Homelander

This season and most of the last season have just been plain crap. They're like late night tacky b-movies now, whereas earlier seasons were really polished sci-fi with some great spectacle, rich drama and compelling stories.

Probably a combination of reduced budgets plus increased cast pay, but I'm struggling with it now. It's unrecognizable from what it used to be. It barely even feels like sci-fi half the time, it's pathetic day-time soap stuff for the most part.

For a show that was so slick, now the production wardrobe looks like the leftovers from a fan-film and everything revolves around a few cheap sets. Honestly, think back to seasons 1 through 4 - different show completely.

Like many other shows, this is one that becomes impossible to recommend to new viewers because of the atrocious quality of later seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,612 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

its poor stuff, I only watch it because my wife "likes" it , I was joking with her that in the last episode there was actually a plot I could follow, a nuclear reactor failing, was actually a half decent episode, otherwise a humorless show with very little sifi in it.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

This weeks episode was a mess altogether. Trying to do too much I feel

All the stuff at Sanctum is the most boring of this series. Just no interest.
    Yeah the jumping around in time isn't making things easy. So from my understanding, the black hole which is causing the time to move slow on Skyring is also affecting time on Bardo, which I assume is further away, which is why time moves quicker than on Sanctum.

I'm guessing Bellamy will be on the ice planet due to Anders attempting to send him there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The prequel is on tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭sioda

Spin off has possibilities I'd give it a go.

Looking forward to where they are going to go from here, need Bellamy at this stage tbh

Not sure about the spinoff.
    Previous prequel series I've watched and liked were Caprica, Dark Crystal and Clone Wars. They're the only ones I've seen set in the same universe as what they're prequels to, so not including things like Smallville and Gotham

I'm no expert on radiation but they don't seem to have any kind of decontamination procedures.

They do seem to have a lot of nightbloods so wonder what happened.

I noticed previously and don't mean it to sound mean, but for someone who's been living on an alien planet and held prisoner and tortured, Octavia appears to be eating pretty healthily. Especially seeing her in the shot at the end of this episode.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not sure about the spinoff.
    Previous prequel series I've watched and liked were Caprica, Dark Crystal and Clone Wars. They're the only ones I've seen set in the same universe as what they're prequels to, so not including things like Smallville and Gotham

I'm no expert on radiation but they don't seem to have any kind of decontamination procedures.

They do seem to have a lot of nightbloods so wonder what happened.

I noticed previously and don't mean it to sound mean, but for someone who's been living on an alien planet and held prisoner and tortured, Octavia appears to be eating pretty healthily. Especially seeing her in the shot at the end of this episode.

Time flows different there so who is to say they have been there a lot longer. Plus they looked pretty indoctrinated. In relation to nightbloods, they left the bunker 95 years before the start of the series so who's to see the original nightbloods didnt just die and it didn't pass on to half their children

When I said I noticed before, I first noticed back when she was showing Hope how to grow food.

When Bill was explaining how they need 7 points to identify a location in space, I was expecting him to finish with "according to Stargate"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah saw that a few days ago. I think he has checked himself into some sort of rehab cllinic so doubt there will be any reply. Him and Eliza definitely had an affair while he was still with this woman so alot of bad feelings between the parties.

yeah saw that a few days ago. I think he has checked himself into some sort of rehab cllinic so doubt there will be any reply. Him and Eliza definitely had an affair while he was still with this woman so alot of bad feelings between the parties.

That's probably why he has not been in this season.

• Advertisement

This week's episode
    Poor Hope, being made out as the bad guy in all 3 scenarios.

This season just goes to show they've too many characters. Like how many episodes have Clarke or others not been in due to needing to spend time with other characters?

Still no interest in the Sanctum storyline.

In the opening credits they show a mountain so wonder if that will come into play.

Advertisement