Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I keep seeing BSG mentioned in relation to this show. Should I watch it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I keep seeing BSG mentioned in relation to this show. Should I watch it?

Watch BSG? There are similarities in the fact it has a couple of cast members and about the last surviving humans trying to survive, but that's where the similarities really end.
    BSG is a great show but I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for something similar to 100. What other shows do you watch apart from this and OUAT?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Watch BSG? There are similarities in the fact it has a couple of cast members and about the last surviving humans trying to survive, but that's where the similarities really end.
    BSG is a great show but I wouldn't recommend it to someone looking for something similar to 100. What other shows do you watch apart from this and OUAT?

I don't watch a lot of TV at the moment, to be honest, and I was never a fan of sci-fi space things. I just saw a lot of mentions of BSG in various reviews of The 100 and all in a positive way, so I wondered was it worth watching.

I hate watch OUAT, to be honest, so recommending me something based on that would be no good at all! :D

I like TV with well written characters and thought out stories, basically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I don't watch a lot of TV at the moment, to be honest, and I was never a fan of sci-fi space things. I just saw a lot of mentions of BSG in various reviews of The 100 and all in a positive way, so I wondered was it worth watching.

I hate watch OUAT, to be honest, so recommending me something based on that would be no good at all! :D

I like TV with well written characters and thought out stories, basically.

BSG is much more than a sci-fi show.

If you can get past it being set in space it really is worth watching.

BSG is much more than a sci-fi show.

If you can get past it being set in space it really is worth watching.

It's not that I have a problem with space itself, it's just that any space set things I ever saw were a bit rubbish. If it's good story telling I don't really care where it's set.

I think BSG is on Netflix, so I might give it a go.

• Advertisement

So/so episode this week.

I liked the stuff on the Ark. I love how fast everything moves. The blonde one is introduced, we're thinking maybe she's dodgy, next thing she's blowing up bits of the ship and going full on mutiny on them. Excellent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah not too bad so the only adults on the ground will be total @ssholes. Not sure who made up thee 13th spaceships but saw the Brazilian flag being carried by one of the kids and I think Italy

^ I saw Canada, Brasil, Japan and something that looked like the Ecuador flag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

According to someone on imdb these are the countries, and some are pretty random

The 12 flags in the Unity Day celebration:
    • Australia
    • Brazil
    • Canada
    • China
    • France
    • India (upside down)
    • Japan
    • Russia
    • U.K.
    • U.S.A.
    • Uganda
    • Venezuela (with coat of arms)

^Some of them are probably just nods to people on the crew, or cast in the case of Australia.
    We don't actually know what point in the future this is set, only that it's nearly 100 years after the earth was destroyed. Maybe by the time that happens Uganda is a major player in the space race?

• Advertisement

For the latest episode
    Now they threw me off count. Are they saying the 14 graves are for those who died by the disease?

Assuming those 14 are due to the disease, we're now down to 77.

Both the grounders' and the 100's plans were crap. I mean most of the 100 were heathy again by the time the Grounders even got to the bridge. And the plan to blow the bridge wasn't too well planned considering they left it to the the last minute to plant the bomb, since they only left when they did to go after Raven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

So that really was the dropship that crippled the Ark that crashed??, what a pointless and short lived rebellion that was.

So that really was the dropship that crippled the Ark that crashed??, what a pointless and short lived rebellion that was.

I don't know that it was, or it wasn't all of it.
    In the episode description for next week or the week after it says Jaha and Kane are reunited with Abbey. Unless it means they die too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

They got baked out of it two weeks ago.
    Last week they all got drunk and went shooting.
    They can't be surprised they all got sick this week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

im an ep or two behind but this show really is BSG for people who havn't seen BSG, the workers blowing things up seems so extreme but its like the Arc is the first planet BSG landed on and we've come back in after the flash forwardof them being occupied for some time.

still a good show

Haven't caught up on the series yet, it's on netflix. I'm on ep 5.
    They're not too convincing with the blind girl, are they? :confused:
    She's clearly looking around and accurately grabbing hands and stuff

I suppose it's full of plot holes in general like the aforementioned perfect personal grooming ... but it's still entertaining!
    ken wrote: »
    My god I hate Richard Harmon as an actor. If he doesn't die by the end of this episode(I'm watching #3 now) I'm gonna quit watching.

Me too! Stupid sulky face on him.

^ What blind girl?

^ What blind girl?

Girl being tested in the med clinic as fully blind, father was one of the volunteers
    Or did I misunderstand and it was just one eye?

^ It was just in one eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

episode 10 & 11, rather impressed with the episodes considering the happenings these teenagers are dealing with

Eliza Taylor discusses 'The 100' and the 'insane' twist for the finale
    What can you tease about the finale?

Eliza: The finale is epic. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm really excited to see it. What I like about it is it's two parts. The two episodes together are like a feature film of their own, which is so cool. I don't even know what to say. The biggest twist yet is coming for sure, so stay tuned.

Is there a big cliffhanger?

Eliza: Yeah. There is. It's crazy. I want to tell you, but I can't. It's insane. I'm really excited to see how it turned out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Liking this series alot.I'd say that Murphy was turned by the grounders and is a spy.How many episodes are left does anyone know?

^ Just 2 more to go, which, as the post says above there, is a 2 part season finale. They way this show is structured though all the episodes kind of run into one another so it's kind of like a 13 part season finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

There must be something in the earths post nuclear atmosphere that it prevents facial hair growth:D

THE 100 CLIP: CLARKE LEARNS MORE ABOUT THE GROUNDERS... AND THE DANGER SHE'S IN
    an exclusive clip for you from this week's episode, the first of a two-part finale. Check out what happens when Clarke (Eliza Taylor) and her Grounder captor, Anya (Dichen Lachman), encounter someone familiar to Anya, giving Clarke more insight into the Grounders but also reason to fear for her immediate safety

So think we're now on 76.

Was pretty much shouting at Clarke to just get moving after Lincoln told them to run. But nope, she had to stand and look in the cart and discuss what she saw.

So the Grounders don't see to have Monty, unless the second group that took over from Sierra's group have him. Thought he might have been in that cart, then I would've forgiven her for stopping. :)

So however many we lose next week will all be replaced plus the rest to bring us back up to 100 when Arkfall happens, to steal a term from another show?

I have to say the Ark's plan to save themselves is pretty dumb. I like those guys but I almost hope they die just for how dumb that plot is.

I was also shouting at Clarke to move her arse instead of looking in the carts. Although, I did think when they first mentioned the carts we were going to be subjected to them riding the carts out of the tunnels like some 90's adventure movie.

I have no idea who the Mountain Men are but I hope Monty's with them and not in those carts being gnawed on by Reapers!

Well I suppose the thing with the ark is that they'll die for sure if they don't do anything, but they have a small chance otherwise. Of course they'll somehow manage to land near the kids

One thing's for sure anyway - Raven had better not die otherwise they're screwed since as an engineer, she's naturally an expert in all things electrical and, for some reason, munitions.
    Though at least she's trained as an engineer. Remind me what Clarke's qualifications are again as a doctor/surgeon? I don't think we ever saw her even working with her mum before being locked up for however long she was. I'm pretty sure if you heard someone say "Stand back, my mum's a doctor!" you wouldn't be filled with confidence. Makes you wonder what the other kids' parents work as

^ In the episode were Clarke was removing the knife from Finn while talking to Abby on the Ark it was mentioned, or implied, that Clarke had been working with her mother for some time as a trainee doctor. I suppose you can't really go to Med School for 6 years and then intern at a hospital on the Ark.

the Ark's plan at least give them hope to unite with their children, seem that it will likely to break apart with people scatter in different locations with casualties ; Abby & Kane seem likely to survive

• Advertisement

The 100 Boss Previews Finale; Why Season 2 Will Reap Grounder Mythology
    On how Raven getting shot will impact her – and the group’s – survival chances

On how much we’ll learn about the Reapers in Season 2

Advertisement