Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭squonk

think I'm just up to Episode 4 at this point. Fairly dull so far. It's on my filler list right now. They're a pretty dumb bunch overall and it's far too much of a teen drama. I see they've structured the views of craft leaving the ship in a BSG style. That's nice but it's about as far from BSG as you could get. It kind of bugs me that Clarke has gone from being the voice of Science to the voice of Morality all the while being a bit thick. It's a bit of a harmless show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It gets better. The tone darkens quite a lot. The difference from the start of the season to the end of it was pretty telling. Stick with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watched the first episode, hope it doesnt turn out to be Buffy the Vampire Slayer meets the Hunger Games.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just finished watching the series. It really picked up towards the end. Actually looking forward to the next series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The 100 Season 2 will premiere on October 22 on CW Network.

The first episode is titled "The 48"

HU201A_0318b.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The 100 Season 2 will premiere on October 22 on CW Network.

The first episode is titled "The 48"

HU201A_0318b.jpg

Didn't realise it was back that soon. I thought the break would be much longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Think I'm looking forward to this more than I am to shows I've been watching for years... Hope they can keep up the momentum they had going during the second half of season 1...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I like the fact they haven't been told to do 22/23 episodes for season 2. I think the intensity of the first season was down to having exactly the right amount of story for 13 episodes. I do wonder though, given it's not back until October, are we going to have to have that stupid break over Christmas that most US shows have? It kind of kills the pace a bit on most shows and means they'll have had to write with that in mind, so building up to a "mid-season" cliffhanger and then continuing on in January. Although, most episodes in S1 had kind of cliffhanger endings anyway so maybe it'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Advertisement

A reminder for fans of this show..It's back tonight.

Netflix Canada are again showing it the next day.. It's now up.

Mixed feelings about that episode.

I know last year they had the stuff on the ground and the stuff on the Ark as two separate stories but there was still some connection between the two. Now there's the people still outside, the people in Mt. Weather, Lincoln and Octavia and apparently some nonsense with Jaha still in space. I hope they're not all disconnected for too long.

It's weird seeing them clean and inside too. Prefer the dirty bloody outside people myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I like that they're all kinda separated for the time being, but I don't think it will last long. Obviously Clarke is eager to break out, so I can't see her being in there for more than another two episodes at most and obviously she'll take the lads with her. I can see Bellamy and Finn tracking down Octavia and Lincoln before long too, so the stories will probably intertwine before long.

To be fair, they had a lot of loose ends to bring together from last season's finale and I think they've managed it quite well in the first episode.

Does anyone know if it's definitely just 16 episodes this season or will there be an option for The CW to up the episode count? I do like the idea of just 16 episodes as to avoid lots of filler episodes.

Does anyone know if it's definitely just 16 episodes this season or will there be an option for The CW to up the episode count? I do like the idea of just 16 episodes as to avoid lots of filler episodes.

I don't know but I also hope it's just the 16 that they were asked for in May. I assume they'll have planned the season out like they did the 1st and they'll have done it over 16 episodes. I'd assume we'll get maybe 8 episodes before Christmas and then the rest will probably start maybe mid/late February taking them up to a May Finale again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Good season opener, setting up the season.

Think the president is up to something since his people obviously weren't looking very hard for other outsiders.

Didn't like how they handled Kane, just coming in and stating how things work now. But that's exactly what Bellamy was afraid of.

Oh and has Clark....um....grown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

we've already got another group introduced, the mutants

we've already got another group introduced, the mutants

Pretty sure that was a Reaper which we've already encountered.

I enjoyed the season opener, there are so many story possibilities now with so many groups on the ground, the Hundred, the Grounders, the Mountain Men, the Reapers and now the people from the Ark.

Hopefully it keeps up the pace as it's an entertaining little show.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Oh and has Clark....um....grown?

No she has always been packing ;)

hu103b_0346b-e1396364280516.jpg?w=660&h=330&crop=1

I remember her on Neighbours and thinking she could have someone's eye out. She had her jacket on for most of last season so that's probably why it was less noticeable...

Anyway... do you think the Mt. Weather people want the kids for a breading program? I didn't notice any young kids in the group scenes and they're bound to be mostly related to each other now too so maybe they need fresh genetics to carry on the population. Or, another possibility is they want to use them as lab rats to make them selves resistant to the radiation. The pale girl was getting some sort of blood transfusion after Clarke attacked her, could they be pumping space blood into them?

They're definitely up to something though, otherwise they could have just let Clarke go. They obviously have some system for getting in and out without everyone dying, why not just suit a guy up to open the door and let Clarke out?

I remember her on Neighbours and thinking she could have someone's eye out. She had her jacket on for most of last season so that's probably why it was less noticeable...

Anyway... do you think the Mt. Weather people want the kids for a breading program? I didn't notice any young kids in the group scenes and they're bound to be mostly related to each other now too so maybe they need fresh genetics to carry on the population. Or, another possibility is they want to use them as lab rats to make them selves resistant to the radiation. The pale girl was getting some sort of blood transfusion after Clarke attacked her, could they be pumping space blood into them?

They're definitely up to something though, otherwise they could have just let Clarke go. They obviously have some system for getting in and out without everyone dying, why not just suit a guy up to open the door and let Clarke out?
    Going by the reactions to the food, the current bakers are ok. :pac:
    But yeah I'd say it's a possibility. And who better to breed with than a very attractive CW cast.
    I think the president said they want to examine their blood to see about their ability to survive but that's probably just cover. Think goggle guy would have no problem with pale girl wanting to breed.

And yeah I believed that was a mutant and not a reaper since I believe reapers just looked like grounders with a different diet. And think it's the first time we've seen anyone that matches the skull found in the first ep.

Hmm, looks like more research is needed by me on Clark.

Think it was about episode four or five of season 1 before I realised that Clarke was Janae Timmins from Neighbours even though I had been saying to myself that she looked very familiar for the first few episodes.

There's actually a lot of former soap stars in the cast. Bellamy was in Home and Away and Neighbours, Anya was also in Neighbours, and Lincoln was in Dream Team and Hollyoaks.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Going by the reactions to the food, the current bakers are ok. :pac:

God damn it! I typed that sentence out about 5 different ways trying to figure out which was right and still got it wrong. Leave me alone, I'm tired :(

100-monster.jpg?w=300&h=210

Marie Avgeropoulos (Octavia) on the 'mutant' says;
    He was merely a taste of what’s to come. “Something you’re going to see this season is a lot of different changes of creatures and environment,” she explains.

And regarding the cliffhanger at the end with the mysterious baby cry Jaha heard aboard the Ark, it will be explained in Episode 2. It’ll also propel the former Chancellor into the next phase of his journey, which gets even more mind-blogging.

Ugh, I thought they'd killed Jaha off last season and was quite happy about it.

God damn it! I typed that sentence out about 5 different ways trying to figure out which was right and still got it wrong. Leave me alone, I'm tired :(

Aw, you know I'm only playing with you. :p

As for Jaha, yeah I dunno what the plan is there. The fact his name is still in the opening credits means he'll probably be here a while yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

As long as there are no gay cast members in the show, I think Jaha is here to stay......

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    As long as there are no gay cast members in the show, I think Jaha is here to stay......

Maybe thats why he has been banished to space.

Advertisement