Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 100 [CW - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Well now....

I knew it wasn't a breeding program they were running up in Mt. Weather!

I kind of thought they had just nicked a load of blood from everyone when they were in "quarantine" though, I was not expecting that last scene :eek:

I hope Clarke gets out next week and doesn't bother going back for those morons who were hassling her about being a threat to them. How short your memory is, Jasper!

Good God, I do not care about Jaha. Jaha in space, Jaha in the desert, none of it! I wonder if they signed Washington up to play Jaha and then he wasn't into moving to Canada to shoot but they were stuck with him so have had to do all this nonsense with him? It just seems slightly out of sync with everything else that's going on.

I know it's only 2 episodes in but it looks like they're zipping along at the same pace as last year. Finn, Bellamy and co are back out on their own already, the Mt. Weather secret has been revealed, the promo for next week looks like Clarke is outside again already. Good stuff :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode. Love the pacing of the season so far. Really hope this show keeps going for another couple of years. One of the most promising new shows in years...

I wonder if those people that the Reapers had in their tunnels last season are whats left of the people they're draining at Mt. Weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

that's some super blood they have! the burns on that guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm guessing the Reapers are the results of failed experiments by those in Mt. Weather are seeing some of the stuff they are up to in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Looked to me like they were diluting the grounders blood so that the people in mt weather could become immune to the radiation or at least be cured by it if exposed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

That episode was great, I found the show so so for the first series , but liking it more with the wider range of characters and settings. Jaha appears to have landed in New York so in the realms of possibility that he can make his way to the others. Will be interesting to see what plans Mt Weather have for everyone , Logically they should just work with the new arrivals as they are culturally the same But I assume its not that simple

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    That episode was great, I found the show so so for the first series , but liking it more with the wider range of characters and settings. Jaha appears to have landed in New York so in the realms of possibility that he can make his way to the others. Will be interesting to see what plans Mt Weather have for everyone , Logically they should just work with the new arrivals as they are culturally the same But I assume its not that simple

Yeah looked like New york as well to me and the the rest are in Washington so i dunno maybe Jaha might find more survivors there.

Liking the new Intro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What a surprise that this perfect safe haven isn't what it appears. :rolleyes:

Didn't watch next week's preview, but I like the thought of Clarke saving the grounders.

And the president lying to her and not telling her about her people being there means they do have plans for the 48.

Who was the guy that came in that they said was in the hospital all that time? Don't remember him from season 1, but I assume it was the son of the guy with Clarke's mum.

And good job Jaha was hallucinating since that landing in the airlock after the space walk wouldn't have been good for the baby.

Haven't seen opening credits on a network show in a long time. :) Looks like there's a number of new places we'll be getting to see. First 4 locations are where each of the Sky People are at. Looks like a town in there as well

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who was the guy that came in that they said was in the hospital all that time? Don't remember him from season 1, but I assume it was the son of the guy with Clarke's mum.

Haven't seen opening credits on a network show in a long time. :) Looks like there's a number of new places we'll be getting to see. First 4 locations are where each of the Sky People are at. Looks like a town in there as well

The guy that came in was Miller. He didn't have a beard last year (which I'm suspicious of) and was one of Bellamy's second in command types. He was guarding Lincoln the time Octavia helped him escape and was round and about a fair bit towards the end of the season.

Apparently some of the shots in the opening titles will change from week to week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Really enjoying the start to the season. I presume Jaha's days are numbered but I do think that the main cast now are nearly bullet-proof. I don't think it will be like the first season where they killed a few of the named characters. Loved Raven's statement " In zero gravity I didn't need my legs, down here I do"- so scifi!

Really enjoying the start to the season. I presume Jaha's days are numbered but I do think that the main cast now are nearly bullet-proof. I don't think it will be like the first season where they killed a few of the named characters. Loved Raven's statement " In zero gravity I didn't need my legs, down here I do"- so scifi!

I doubt it Jaha will more than likely find another group of survivors in New York.

I doubt it Jaha will more than likely find another group of survivors in New York.

Yeah, if they were going to get rid of him they would have just left him to die in space last season. It actually made sense for him to die last season and it was a noble sacrifice and all that jazz. Bringing him back ruined a lot of what they did with him last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Promo for tonights episode, 2x03

Aha! So I was right about the Reapers taking all the left over bodies from Mt Weather. Still not sure what the arrangement is there though? I guess they give Mt. Weather the live ones and they get the nearly dead ones for eating? Why not just eat the ones they catch themselves though?

Not a lot really happened this episode though. I mean we're still pretty much where we were last week other than Clarke and Anya getting away. Oh, and Finn has gone to the dark side and become vaguely interesting as a character :)

EDIT: I just realised the Mt. Weather guys are controlling the Reapers somehow. There was the weird whistle thing that stopped them eating Clarke and then were they being injected with something at the end too? It's probably not by choice they're collecting Grounders and only feeding on the scraps. I wonder if they're the result of some sort of testing the Mt. Weather guys did on original Grounders and now they're all messed up but easily controlled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Easily one of the shows I look forward to the most at the moment. Love how it's all unfolding...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It has become so much more interesting since they got rid of the Arc side to it. Everyone on Earth and the different factions is a great idea.

With Clarke finding the grounders being drained and the recap at the beginning of the episode where the president said they seem to metabolise the radiation quicker than the grounders, it implies they're looking to harvest Clarke's group as well.

Wonder if everyone knows where the blood comes from like does Jasper's woman know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

yeah enjoyable episode. Liked the homage to the fugitive with them jumping off the dam. I also liked that Anya didn't forgive Clarke even after she saved her life.

Anya saved Clarke then.

But yeah I was thinking the Fugitive as well and that wasn't long after the very Empire Strikes Back type "I'm not afraid" "You will be"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Its a great show. Pity it is doing badly in the ratings in the states.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,617 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I find it difficult to buy the whole radiation premise , it seems to be so bad that the mountain people burn in minutes yet somehow the off worlders have adapted to it yet it didn't kill them in space. I am curious to find out more about the mountain people society. I find the natives a bit boring , I wish they were a bit more Mad Max ;-)

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    I find it difficult to buy the whole radiation premise , it seems to be so bad that the mountain people burn in minutes yet somehow the off worlders have adapted to it yet it didn't kill them in space. I am curious to find out more about the mountain people society. I find the natives a bit boring , I wish they were a bit more Mad Max ;-)

The explanation they gave for the 100 not being affected by ground radiation is that in space they were exposed to high levels of solar radiation and over generations they built up the same type of immunity as the Grounders. I don't know that solar radiation is the same kind as atomic bombs but I'll roll with it.

I don't know why their ratings are so low. The first 2 episodes this season were up against the World Series in some places and apparently it didn't air in a lot of places because of the baseball. I don't get how some of the other awful shows on the CW get better ratings or full 22 episode pick ups. Not that I think The 100 needs 22 episodes but it's just odd that they put so much faith in mediocre shows that get mauled by critics and then treat shows like this with caution.

That said I think The CW are doing a decent job with trying to verify their programming a bit. A few years ago The 100 would never have gotten the green light and if it did the cast would all be 6ft models and the entire story would revolve around who's hooking up with who.

To be fair to The CW, they're more than likely to renew The 100 for a third season than any other network, despite low ratings.

I'm sure by now they realise the show has a solid fanbase and they tend to be pretty good at keeping fan-heavy shows. I'm sure The 100 may be doing better On Demand and on the likes of Netflix and what not (which I imagine CW takes into account). But sure, only time will tell. Hopefully it gets picked up again...

I agree the CW are probably one of the few channels that takes into account all ratings not just the Nielsen's.

I see them as a channel that looks at everything from there own website views, Hulu etc etc ( All Legal streaming).

They have a good history of sticking with shows with low tv ratings.

That said I think The CW are doing a decent job with trying to verify their programming a bit. A few years ago The 100 would never have gotten the green light and if it did the cast would all be 6ft models and the entire story would revolve around who's hooking up with who.

Vary. Not verify. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I agree the CW are probably one of the few channels that takes into account all ratings not just the Nielsen's.

I see them as a channel that looks at everything from there own website views, Hulu etc etc ( All Legal streaming).

They have a good history of sticking with shows with low tv ratings.

That is very true. They gave Reign a second season and the ratings for that near the end of Season one were very low.

The 100 is one of the few shows I cant wait to see as soon as it has aired stateside.

Beauty and the Beast was another surprise renewal.
    And Nikita is a show that demonstrates rewarding the fanbase.

And one thing I really like about them is if they do cancel a series that has lasted 2 or more seasons, they seem to give them time to wrap things up, either through plenty of notice of cancellation or, in the case of Nikita, a short final season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Promo for Wednesdays episode, 2x04 - Many Happy Returns

• Advertisement

Another great episode and the new world and the people on it is growing some new people in this episode.

Also a great fight between Clarke and Anya.

Advertisement