Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wart removal clinic.

Options
  • 16-05-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

I have a wart on my hand and I have tried Everything to remove it, months of treatment with acid, home freezing, duct tape the works, I've even tried my gp. who said to keep trying the acid even after monthof trying the acid!
    I am at my wits end! can somebody please recommend a clinic/doctor who will remove this bloody thing. please!! I am willing to travel anywhere in Ireland, I just want it gone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I had a stubborn wart on my forehead..yes my forehead which was unsightly and upsetting as it was so obvious.
    Most GP surgeries have a cryotherapy clinic or a nurse who performs cryotherapy (freezing it off) and I know for a fact that Dr.Coady on the Old Bawn Road, Tallaght does it weekly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,624 ✭✭✭TheBody

hypersonic wrote: »
    I have a wart on my hand and I have tried Everything to remove it, months of treatment with acid, home freezing, duct tape the works, I've even tried my gp. who said to keep trying the acid even after monthof trying the acid!
    I am at my wits end! can somebody please recommend a clinic/doctor who will remove this bloody thing. please!! I am willing to travel anywhere in Ireland, I just want it gone!

Hi op.

I have had SEVERAL warts reomoved over the years.

Some doctors use various freezing treatments to remove them. For me, the only one that worked is the treatment where the doctor has a large cylinder of some sort of gas that freezes it off. I can PM you the name of my GP who does this. He is in Mullingar.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi op.

Some doctors use various freezing treatments to remove them. For me, the only one that worked is the treatment where the doctor has a large cylinder of some sort of gas that freezes it off. I can PM you the name of my GP who does this. He is in Mullingar.

That's cryotherapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

TheBody wrote: »
    Hi op.

yes please do.
    thanks!

fussyonion wrote: »
    That's cryotherapy.

I know. However, some doc dip a small sponge dipped into some chemical and apply it to the wart to freeze it off. This method was not effective in my case. I was just pointing out, that in my opinion, the method I described in the above post is the best.

• Advertisement

hypersonic wrote: »
    yes please do.
    thanks!

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭100200 shih

Weird how this sound , but Beetle juice , only a gp can have it & apply it , ask next time your in , better than any other the other treatments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I dipped my hands in lukewarm water and a LOT of disinfectant for a lot of consecutive days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I had warts removed in hospital with local anesthetic, think they were burned ofd

I dipped my hands in lukewarm water and a LOT of disinfectant for a lot of consecutive days.

Warts are caused by a virus and often disappear by themselves. Dipping your hands in disinfectant didn't do anything for your warts or any other virus, if they went it was coincidence.

You did have the cleanest hands ever though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭royster999

is it expensive to get a wart removed by freezing it off ?

royster999 wrote: »
    is it expensive to get a wart removed by freezing it off ?

I think I just paid the usual €50 when I got it done with my gp. Depending on how bad they are, u may need more than one treatment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement