Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thank you gift ideas needed

Options
  • 16-05-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

hey,

so im 21wks pregnant so still have a way to go yet before baba arrives however a very kind co-worker gave a serious amount of stuff the other day for the baby. she said she had a buggy and to collect it from the house. when we called to her house she ended up giving us a great travel system, car seat, sterilizer, bottles, books, a little play bouncer thingy and about 4 bags of clothes!!!!!!
    now she was happy to be rid of them etc and doesn't want money for them but it is just so much stuff that i really think we ought to get her and her family a thank you pressie.....so here i am looking for ideas!
    they live in dublin (northside/city) and have a 3yr old little girl..not sure if they have a car...they dont strike me as the fancy restaurant/posh wine types so was thinking along the lines of a couple of family passes for different places in dublin like family passes for imaginosity and dublin zoo and maybe that place out i swords..the play centre place (?)
    what do you reckon? any other ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    thanks.

clare

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

That is a lovely idea but if they do not have a car it could be hard for them to get to the places.
    You could get them a cinema voucher for the cinema in Swords,older 3 year olds love the outing and the popcorn etc but it can be an expensive treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I think next vouchers are great personally . They can chose between clothes for adult or child of fab housewares stuff.

Cinema tickets are great idea too.

We like to go out for Sunday lunch as a family for a (rare) treat. So would there be any family friendly restaurant near them to suit maybe?

Edit also maybe for her hairdresser ?

Advertisement