Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me make an itinerary

• 16-05-2013 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone!

Ok-so I have an opportunity to take 3-6 months off work. And I want to go do some travelling/see the world.

I was in Thailand last year (did some volunteer work-teaching monks) and loved it.

Im thinking I would like to do that for maybe 4-6 weeks. But after that I havent a clue. Id be travelling on my own also.

Anyone been on any interesting holidays/adventures/recommend anything? I love adventure. Not one for lying on a beach. Id prefer to be doing something/seeing something interesting.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

South America - you could see most of the typical sites in 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

South America.

Or India & Nepal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the replies.....but what is there to do there?

Anyone go on adventure-type holidays to these places?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

There is so much adventure in all those places!

Come on, what exactly are you looking for??

e.g. India - trekking up North, rafting in Nepal, going to the desert for three days, National Parks. The food is an adventure, train travel is an adventure - it's all an adventure!

e.g. South America - world's most dangerous road, mining in Potosi, Inca Trail, glaciers in Argentina.

I think you need to do some research yourself and see what interests you.

And solo travel > organised tour will always up the 'adventure' factor!

Advertisement