Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 - Rising Storm

• 16-05-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Rising Storm is out for public beta now if you preorder on Steam! New standalone expansion For Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad. Personally I love these games and bringing it to the Pacific with flame-throwers and stuff just adds more to the action. Any others excited for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I played for for a few hours tonight and its a lot of fun, but I don't know if it'll fix RO2's main problem of just not very many active servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

After playing it yesterday, have to say one of the most addicting shooters, much better than COD but that's my opinion. The weapons are very good and make you think tactically rather than running straight into the battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ow9654

Bought it today, PC in repair at the minute though :(
    Will have to wait!
    Love the RO series, especially Darkest Hour mod :)

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I installed Red Orchestra 2 again, but finding the servers are mostly empty or full of bots, whats the player base like for Rising Storm like?

From what I hear player base is pretty good, normally 2,000 apparently. Should rise as Rising storm is surprisingly cheap to pre order. (€10.79) With beta access to keep you going til the summer :)

• Advertisement

Previews make it sound promising so I decided to pick it up. For a little over a tenner its not likely to disappoint me.

Yeah, also the RO series is a change from the standard all action no thought games (eg COD..)
    I'm a member of the loved and hated 29th ID in Darkest Hour (mod for RO1), so Rising storm is obviously a popular topic in their forums, from what I hear its quiet good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I have this game installed, but haven't got around to playing it yet. Looking forward to getting the chance to try it out at the weekend.

Been a big fan of the RO series, especially RO2. The community is great too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

ow9654 wrote: »
    Bought it today, PC in repair at the minute though :(
    Will have to wait!
    Love the RO series, especially Darkest Hour mod :)

Only game/mod apart from ARMA which made me anxious playing. RO2 was a disappointment mainly due to the lack of community. Hopefully this will revive it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Azza wrote: »
    I installed Red Orchestra 2 again, but finding the servers are mostly empty or full of bots, whats the player base like for Rising Storm like?

I never have a problem finding servers for RO2. Theres always a fair few 64 player ones that are almost always full.

rising storm seems good so far, but some of it is a bit bull****ty. Like the browning MG sucks, i clipped a japanese player a couple of times as he was coming toward me, i definitely hit him, yet he was able to run up to me and stab me. Got a distinct smell of COD off **** like that.

Other than that tho its pretty good. The iwo jima and hanto maps are great. Guadalcanal is a bit **** as its so dark its impossible to see anything at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

I never have a problem finding servers for RO2. Theres always a fair few 64 player ones that are almost always full.

rising storm seems good so far, but some of it is a bit bull****ty. Like the browning MG sucks, i clipped a japanese player a couple of times as he was coming toward me, i definitely hit him, yet he was able to run up to me and stab me. Got a distinct smell of COD off **** like that.

Other than that tho its pretty good. The iwo jima and hanto maps are great. Guadalcanal is a bit **** as its so dark its impossible to see anything at all.

The Japanese if they charge can take extra hits but they'll still die.

By the way there are 2 free beta keys for anyone who pre ordered Rising storm. They'll be in your steam inventory.

@BobbyPropane LOL why would you be anxious! If you feel like playing it our server is still going. (only one that is normally populated I think)

I'm liking it so far. We got a player list for Irish players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

ow9654 wrote: »
    By the way there are 2 free beta keys for anyone who pre ordered Rising storm. They'll be in your steam inventory.

@BobbyPropane LOL why would you be anxious! If you feel like playing it our server is still going. (only one that is normally populated I think)

Was joking :P It is a scary game. Always **** myself when I get shot and everything is quiet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Was playing last night myself and love it. I just played one map which was a night-time assault mode on the Japanese side. So hard to see anyone hiding in the bushes till they open up on you and then the tracers give their positions away. Love the addition of the Flame Thrower too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Was playing last night myself and love it. I just played one map which was a night-time assault mode on the Japanese side. So hard to see anyone hiding in the bushes till they open up on you and then the tracers give their positions away. Love the addition of the Flame Thrower too :D

Flamethrower needs to be nerfed in my opinion, it one-shots you if you are within 75m range.

Should we create a steam group for this of Irish players?

Why not :)

I have two of the beta keys if someone wants one..Minimum of 100 posts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pumpap

Can i get one of those?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I would be definitely up for that!

Right I'll create one, came I get a list of steam usernames?

Also I have a spare beta invite if anyone needs one.

Hi i would like to be able to join up to the RO steam group and would there be any chance of me getting a beta key would really appreciate it.

I can give you one, whats your steam username?

Zeus(Pumpactionpenguin) ty

Lochlainn [29th ID]
    My steam name, won't be able to play RS until I get my pc back from repair though :(

Add me too please Galwaydave :D

Right I'll create one, came I get a list of steam usernames?

Also I have a spare beta invite if anyone needs one.

You can find me here.

I also have two spare invite keys, drop me a PM if your interested. If any Boardsies are adding me on Steam, just drop me a PM too so I know who you are! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I really loved RO2 , played like 400 hours in the first few months but quit coz it felt a bit too run and gun after a while. Well on some lvls (apartments).

Went back and played that classic mode that felt good but havent touched it since, tempted to tried this. Dont like the sounds of bots though. I ****ing hate bots.

• Advertisement

I still have one pass left if anyone wants it.

Advertisement