Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Orchestra 2 - Rising Storm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I still have one pass left if anyone wants it.

Cheers, I'll take it if available, I have played a bit of RO2 and the Pacific theater setting sounds good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am finding this beta surprisingly polished as compared to some of the other RO beta tests. Any idea as to how long it has been in public testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sulc84

I have a lag in game.Steam made mess instali-uninstall net framework and other components.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I have to say I am loving this game :D
    Some of the Maps are simply fantastic. Really require good teamwork to reach your objectives.
    It's really rewarding when you get a good kill too.
    Playing as the Japanese last night saw the bobble of a head in a broken down building and went prone with my infantry rifle. First shot hit wall in front of him second shot straight in the head lol 177m headshot,
    Achievement unlocked..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I really got to get my money together to build a new machine, gave this a shot the other day and I really liked what I played, but man my machine can't run it for sh*t most of the time :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I still have a couple of beta invites going if anyone wants one. Really enjoying this game so far, the new theatre is refreshing compared to previous RO games.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

http://youtu.be/2Hw-D_uv0Eo

Just shows how awesome it is with the power of Robbaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

http://keys.xfire.com/

Xfire are giving out keys apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I was one of the first 40 people to beta test the very first version of Red Orchestra when it was a mod for UT when i was on 56k lol,to see what the game has evolved into is great to see.
    Just bought my game for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AzN

Just bought it there. Looks good, i now have 2 spare beta invites if anyone wants one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just bought it there as well. Can't wait to play it.

Full game is out... but my stats were reset :( back to Honor 11 from honor 21 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

I played a couple of hours last night, it feels like its improved over the beta. The graphics for a start are much, much better than in beta. It really helps in levels like GuadalCanal. I hated that map in beta because it was just impossibly dark. But in full release there are flares in the sky lighting it up a little, and more ambient lights and stuff which really help. The maps in general are pretty great, Saipan, Peileilu, and Hanto are brilliant. Its still as frustrating as RO2 at times thanks to getting capped from miles away by someone the size of 1 pixel on your screen, but its still bloody thrilling when you nail someone from 100 metres with a headshot from a bolt action rifle.

Love the banzai charge too, only managed to successully kill someone with it once, but its ****ing awesome all the same. A bunch of japanese soldiers charging headfisrt through a wall of smoke with bayonets out, its awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,462 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so let me get this straight I have to redownload the game again after downloading the beta?

**** off you pricks, god damn ****ing crap broadband

The game feels and plays so much like RO2 to me with a few extra weapons, even some of the maps are RO2 map contest winners.
    RO2 ended up with hundreds of servers full of bots with very few regular players :(

Im always happy to support tripwire and throw em a few quid but i predict this game will go down the same route as RO1 and RO2 , ie servers full of bots and few players unfortunately.

Dcully wrote: »
    The game feels and plays so much like RO2 to me with a few extra weapons, even some of the maps are RO2 map contest winners.
    RO2 ended up with hundreds of servers full of bots with very few regular players :(

Im always happy to support tripwire and throw em a few quid but i predict this game will go down the same route as RO1 and RO2 , ie servers full of bots and few players unfortunately.

Yep sad to say some elements are, after a while you're thinking "did I just pay for a few new maps and guns?" Even when it was starting up in the beta the Tutorial mission and the title screen thing were both from RO2. Still good all the same! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Dcully wrote: »

Were you expecting a completely different game? Its RO2 in the pacific, i dont know how you couldve been expecting something else.
    And it plays pretty differently enough to RO2 to keep it interesting thanks to the banzai charging. The Japanese can overrun american bases easily if they coordinate their banzai attacks well.

Also, RO2 has plenty of full 64 man servers every night of the week, its nowhere near being dead. Either your server browser is ****ed or you havent played it in ages, cause i never have any trouble finding a game.
    The servers for Rising Storm are jumping at the moment, tons of 64 man servers all full.

Had a game there with excellent squad leaders coordinating our attacks as Japanese. Our SL had us all gathered on the perimiter of the last US base, then he tossed smoke grenades into their base and gave us the signal to banzai charge, its was ****ing epic. A whole squad of Japanese screaming and charging through the smoke, squad leaders with Katanas out, riflemen bayonet charging, we overran the last base and won. Havent enjoyed a multiplayer game as much in ages, when your team is working together it can be utterly amazing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I normally see about 5-8k users online at peak times when I pop on. Maybe you can't see all of the servers?

Were you expecting a completely different game? Its RO2 in the pacific, i dont know how you couldve been expecting something else.

Where exactly did i say i expected something different?
    I simply meant its the same old same old, and to me personally nothing of note to make me want to play it anymore than RO2.
    It still has the same issues of RO2 ie really poor an clunky animations.
    Apart from that its a great game, i love my realism shooters, im a fan of RO longer than most but that doesnt give me a blinkered view.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Well from reading some forums the consensus is that the maps being more open make for better gameplay than the RO2 maps.

There is more difference between the factions this time. American's have better firepower, Japanese have banzai buff which makes them harder to suppress and kill.

But other contributing factors behind RO2 not keeping its player base was the fact that the game was quite buggy at release and also had the misfortune of be released about a month and a half before Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3.

Rising Storm seems to avoided similar issues on release.

• Advertisement
Advertisement