Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burglary Wellpark Grove Area Info

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

My friends house in Wellpark Grove was broken into on Monday night during the hours of 12:00 and 3:00am while we were out in town and I was wondering if people here might have some possible info on one of the articles that was stolen.

Two items were stolen, a laptop and a navy handbag. The handbag belonged to a friend who was only visiting Galway for the night for her birthday, she specifically left it in the house and only brought out what she needed as she was afraid it would get robbed in town :( The following morning we found the laptop which had been thrown over a neighbours wall by the burglar which made us think that the burglar might have also thrown the handbag somewhere further down the road after robbing whatever valuable items they could from it. There was a retainer in the bag which is worth quite a lot of money as they need to be specially moulded for the individual. I was told the bag is a navy colour resembling a suitcase shape and is quite large. The burglar left the estate through one of two exits in the estate leading to either Centra or the Eye cinema, not the best description in the world but people from the area will know what i'm talking about and I will post a google maps screenshot later if people need it.

A statement was made to the Gardai the following day and they told us that the chances of finding the handbag were quite slim, hence my post here looking for any possible information on the whereabouts of the handbag. I know there are a lot of good people in Galway but a retainer in a handbag isn't something that people think to hand into the Garda station

If anyone has seen the bag around town it would mean the world to my friend to get it back, this was one of her first trips to Galway and I don't want her to leave with bad memories of the place. Please PM me if you find a bag around the area. Thanks for reading this and also to the mods for letting me post this here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Don't worry, if the Galway Gardai are on the case, I'm sure she'll get the bag back! For around that area you might be better off putting up a notice in the Spar across from Bon Secours and in the college.

Advertisement