Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with crappy gameplay

Options
  • 16-05-2013 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Right....any help on this issue would really be appreciated..

I am having issues with crappy sluuggish gameplay...i only really play Fifa and MW/BOPS and it's making Fifa unplayable...

I have really good speeds {120mb}...all ping tests..trace route tests come back fine and Xbox is connected with cat6 ethernet cable...

I know EA's servers are crap but if it was just down to them then it would be effecting my opponents as well and it's not...it doesn't matter if i'm the host or not i still have sluggish almost out of sync type gameplay so i was wondering could the issue be down to a problem with my Xbox...is there a way to run a diagnostics on the console to see if anything is wrong or could there be an issue with the laser that is causing the problem...

Like i said any help would really be appreciated before i break another controller...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Do the test your connection thing. I've heard lots of people who were getting laggy games do a test connection if they just had lag but were connected and they said it improved the connection. I can't say how effective it is, but it's the only thing that comes to mind.

Just as a sidenote, you don't have people downloading stuff or using up bandwidth, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stephen2022

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Do the test your connection thing. I've heard lots of people who were getting laggy games do a test connection if they just had lag but were connected and they said it improved the connection. I can't say how effective it is, but it's the only thing that comes to mind.

Just as a sidenote, you don't have people downloading stuff or using up bandwidth, do you?

Thanks for the reply
    Every test comes back fine...that's why i think it may be the Xbox...it's not like your normal jittery lag...it's more like the players are playing with concrete boots on and have the turning circle of a bus...:-)

Don't download when i'm playing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I knew it would come back fine... It's more of a thing that if you run the test, it probably reconfigures stuff or at least thats the theory, and people allege that it has improved the lag in online games. I can't say I've done it and noticed improvements, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I knew it would come back fine... It's more of a thing that if you run the test, it probably reconfigures stuff or at least thats the theory, and people allege that it has improved the lag in online games. I can't say I've done it and noticed improvements, but it was the only thing that came to mind.

Thanks..always doing the connection test and it's never done anything to improve the lag...:-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Thanks for the reply
    Every test comes back fine...that's why i think it may be the Xbox...it's not like your normal jittery lag...it's more like the players are playing with concrete boots on and have the turning circle of a bus...:-)

Don't download when i'm playing..

Check your matchmaking settings, I've only come across this when playing against people from the us/Mexico etc...

And I have 1mb and my game plays fine when not against north/central Americans.

• Advertisement

Check your matchmaking settings, I've only come across this when playing against people from the us/Mexico etc...

And I have 1mb and my game plays fine when not against north/central Americans.

I only play UT on Fifa but have had the crappy gameplay against people from Ireland and the UK.i expect it to be a bit laggy if i'm playing against someone from the US or Aus...

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Jericho.

I only play UT on Fifa but have had the crappy gameplay against people from Ireland and the UK.i expect it to be a bit laggy if i'm playing against someone from the US or Aus...

Port forwarding maybe?

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/network-ports-used-xbox-live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Who is your ISP , call them and maybe they need to adjust settings on their end to allow for gaming.
    As someone else said make sure you are configuring NAT on your router for XBox live. Can you try another router ?

bennyc wrote: »
    Who is your ISP , call them and maybe they need to adjust settings on their end to allow for gaming.
    As someone else said make sure you are configuring NAT on your router for XBox live. Can you try another router ?

It's UPC and everything regarding ports etc is set up as it should be...every test i do comes back fine but it's still on the whole very poor gameplay...

I've played others who have UPC and they have no problems gaming...gone through plenty of routers in recent times and found no great difference in how they performed.....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

Have you enabled uPnP on the router?

Sounds like a Nat problem, if your pings are ok and the speed is great I dunno. Nat or ports.

EDIT: Just realised you're running a Cat 6 cable.

Try cat 5, as far as I know Cat 6 can be a bit troublesome with hardware and it's also not a recognised standard.

• Advertisement

circadian wrote: »
    Have you enabled uPnP on the router?

Sounds like a Nat problem, if your pings are ok and the speed is great I dunno. Nat or ports.

EDIT: Just realised you're running a Cat 6 cable.

Try cat 5, as far as I know Cat 6 can be a bit troublesome with hardware and it's also not a recognised standard.

Rep from UIPC told me to use cat6...lol....

just played another guy from Ireland and it was like 2 different games...mine was in slow motion and his was fine but again all tests run fine...makes no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭circadian

Try a regular old cat 5e. No idea why you're being advised to use cat 6.

I'd bet on the cable causing problems, sometimes the connectors on a cat 6 don't line up properly leading to lost packets etc.

Try plugging the cable into your laptop/pc and ping rte.ie or something and see if it drops packets.

Advertisement