Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Scissor-handed" bug named after Johnny Depp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Ziphius

'I am also a Depp fan and what better way to honour the man than to immortalise him as an ancient creature that once roamed the sea?'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kooteninchela deppi is helping researchers piece together more information about life on Earth during the Cambrian period, which happened more than 1.9million years ago and was when nearly all modern animal types emerged.

Technically speaking it was more than 1.9million years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Kind of like saying the Jurassic was more than a week ago...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That DM article is so riddled with inaccuracies that I don't know where to start.:rolleyes:

As for this new fossil critter - I wonder if it's closer to the trilobites or to the anomalocarids? It's looks a bit like the strange Obapinia but much more arthropod like - "missing link" perhaps?

• Advertisement
Advertisement