Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AGM full metal M16A1 VN

• 17-05-2013 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I was thinking about buying myself AGM M16A1 VN, its a very nice looking rifle and the price of it is just about what I can afford.

I was having a look at one today and it seemed sturdy enough. Can anyone give me a review on this gun. How reliable is it, how is the accuracy and the range and does it have a good hop up system?

I know this gun is suppose to be a replica of the Nam A1 but really isn't but I don't really care about that anyway!

Is it also possible to mount equipment like grip handles, flash hiders onto this gun?

Any info on this rifle is greatly welcome! Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I know this gun is suppose to be a replica of the Nam A1 but really isn't but I don't really care about that anyway!

Is it also possible to mount equipment like grip handles, flash hiders onto this gun?

I can't help you with the specifics of the AEG, but why would you want to deface an iconic gun with modern lego? It's a bit like people bemoaning the fact that the Thompson SMG or Sten Gun doesn't have rails ... If you want to add loads of tacti-lego, you would be better off getting a modern variant armalite with RIS rails already available.

Enough ranting anyway; assuming the receiver has a fixed handle like the A1 should, then you are limited in scope choices to those that can screw onto the A1 'carry handle'. And whilst you could go and get a front-end with RIS, that'd be an extra purchase when you could just go get a modern armalite AEG anyway. So again it comes back to "why". There are better options of armalite variants readily available out of the box to customise.

That's just a view on externals & extra tacti-lego accessories. I haven't a clue about how the AGM version performs so can't help you on that one, sorry.

Personally speaking; if you want an m16, m16A1, or XM177E1/E2 (i.e. Vietnam era issue), I would recommend taking a look at G&P offerings. They are the most accurate (up to and including the trademarks & colouration) offerings that you'll find for guns of the Vietnam era - unless Inokatsu ever pull the finger out and release their GBBR offerings. I've no idea how much the AGM you've seen is, so can't comment on price. But G&P AEGs will cost more as a general given, so you may need to consider whether you want something now or can save a bit more, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Nuke1973

Don't buy this gun. The carry handle can be removed so its not'a proper A1 Vietnam and the internals are shocking. Non standard gearbox, poorly shimmed, terrible hop up and rough barrel.

By the time you have everything sorted you'd have bought a G&P or even a TM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Allround Predator

Lemming wrote: »
    I can't help you with the specifics of the AEG, but why would you want to deface an iconic gun with modern lego? It's a bit like people bemoaning the fact that the Thompson SMG or Sten Gun doesn't have rails ... If you want to add loads of tacti-lego, you would be better off getting a modern variant armalite with RIS rails already available.

Cheers for your replay!

I'm not looking for a lego gun, I'm just looking for something to mount a red-dot sight and a flash hider for tracer bbs for night skirmishes.

This gun is one of a few others that I'm looking at, it will be a starter and I don't really want to pay mad money in case I don't take to the airsofting PLUS I'm unemployed so I can't really afford to go over the 200e mark, maybe 250 at most.

I have also been looking at an AGM M4 RIS and a CA Premium LWRCM6, the LWRCM6 seems to have got a good review on MIA web site.

Would you have any recommendations around this price range?

Cheers! :)

Nuke1973 wrote: »
    Don't buy this gun. The carry handle can be removed so its not'a proper A1 Vietnam and the internals are shocking. Non standard gearbox, poorly shimmed, terrible hop up and rough barrel.

By the time you have everything sorted you'd have bought a G&P or even a TM

Cheers, would you have any recommendations around the 200e mark? Looking for something reliabe, any m16 or m4 type model is what I'm looking for.

Thanks for your reply!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Cheers for your replay!

I'm not looking for a lego gun, I'm just looking for something to mount a red-dot sight and a flash hider for tracer bbs for night skirmishes.

To be honest, you're still better off getting something that has RIS on it; or the carry handle/iron sights can detach via RIS i.e. a more modern armalite variant.

For a red-dot sight - and doubly so as you are strapped for cash - you really want something that has some RIS on top out of the box, e.g. an M16A3/4, or m4A1, Scar, HK416/7, or any post-Vietnam era armalite-based system.
    I have also been looking at an AGM M4 RIS and a CA Premium LWRCM6, the LWRCM6 seems to have got a good review on MIA web site.

My own experience of AGM m4s is based on their gas blow-back system (as opposed to AEGs) and is not overly favourable. You may pay buttons in the short-run, but to get any sort of acceptable performance out of the gun you end up paying far more. But from what Nuke has said, their AEGs aren't much better than what I've experienced with their GBBRs

Take a look at the G&G raider series for that price range perhaps?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your feedback, its been very helpful!

I've been looking at the G&G Raider GR15-L Blowback. SG Airsoft are selling them for E234.99. I've been checking out reviews on the net and youtube and they seem to be very positive. SG Airsoft is near Drumcondra, not to far from were I live, do you know if you can just walk in and buy one or do they only sell over the net?

Sorry about all the Questions!

Thanks for your feedback, its been very helpful!

I've been looking at the G&G Raider GR15-L Blowback. SG Airsoft are selling them for E234.99. I've been checking out reviews on the net and youtube and they seem to be very positive. SG Airsoft is near Drumcondra, not to far from were I live, do you know if you can just walk in and buy one or do they only sell over the net?

Sorry about all the Questions!

you can just walk in and buy there but they only accept cash in the shop as far as i know

Cheers Nuke, I was actually in SG Airsoft today, they have a great selection of guns and equipment, its a cool shop and its literally on my doorstep!

I'm going for G&G Raider GR15-L Blowback in black, the girl in the shop says I can make a deposit on the rifle if I like and pay a few bob off it over a few weeks so that suits me grand!

Thanks for your feedback and see you all on the battle field!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

you can just walk in and buy there but they only accept cash in the shop as far as i know

You can use cards in the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

I don't want to sound insulting, so I sincerely hope you don't take it that way.

You're at the stage where you don't know what you're looking for, and only have a vague idea. This is where you're most likely to make a poor snap-decision, and end up with something sub-par. Get down to a shop, have a look at everything they have - pick up the guns, shoulder them, ask loads of questions and then come back, and do a bit more research.

There is a lot to consider - you want to know that what you're getting is fit for your purposes, your budget and is not going to cost you more in the long run. First you identify what you like the look of, then narrow it down to what is comfortable, and after that you look at performance/reliability and budget. Sometimes it's better to wait until you can get something superior.

Buy once, cry once.

• Advertisement

Dogwatch wrote: »
    You can use cards in the shop.

When did that change ? Because you couldn't up to earlier this year. It's one of the reasons I don't shop there as I always prefer to have the protection of a visa transaction if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

When did that change ? Because you couldn't up to earlier this year. It's one of the reasons I don't shop there as I always prefer to have the protection of a visa transaction if something goes wrong.
    I used Visa Debit to pay for the Fingal Event. Used the card about 3-4 weeks ago.

Thanks, I might have to adjust my buying policy ;)

Advertisement