Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Repair, Galway homebuild

Options
  • 17-05-2013 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

I built a gaming PC through the PC building section on boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=842) using hardwareversand.de. I've encountered a number of issues where I have blue lines going through my screen occasionally, the screen flickers and initially there were issues identifying my graphics card.

I would ideally like somebody that would be very experienced dealing with graphics cards/gaming rigs. I'm trying to establish whether it is a small issue that can be fixed locally or will I have to go through the bother of having to send the pc back to Germany.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

could be your screen, try plugging in a different screen see if the problem persists, if it does then unfortunately it could be a faulty graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Fair suggestion, I tried doing that and using a different DVI cable and the problem persists unfortunately. Using the same monitor and cable with my previous computer I never encountered any issues so there's definitely something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Sounds like bad video ram. Do a video ram test and let us know how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

It sounds like the Graphics card could be faulty alright. Where are you based in the City ?
    I'm near Argos in town if you want to pop over ? I can swap my graphics card with yours to test it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Sounds like bad video ram. Do a video ram test and let us know how it goes
    Got any recommendations for a decent Video ram test program?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shame to waste a whole Tech section when the discussion will focus on "what" rather than "where".
    Galway repair shops

Advertisement